GDT - Buffalo @ Washington 7PM

LabattBlue

From sabres.com...

FORWARDS: Jeff Cowan, Tim Connolly, Tyler Ennis, Paul Gaustad, Nathan Gerbe, Mke Grier, Jochen Hecht, Patrick Kaleta, Tim Kennedy, Dan Paille, Felix Schutz, Drew Stafford, Thomas Vanek

DEFENSEMAN: Chris Butler, Toni Lydman, Steve Montador, Tyler Myers, Andrej Sekera, Henrik Tallinder, Mike Weber

GOALIES: Jhonas Enroth, Patrick Lalime

INJURIES: Defenseman Steve Montador (shoulder stinger) was held out of practice for a few days as a precaution; Matt Generous (lacerated ligament) will be out one month; Center Adam Mair is still unavailable to play recovering from an off-season hip surgery, however has begun to skate on his own.

:oops:

No problem - its bookmarked now. Is there a way to maximize the picture portion of the screen? Zooming only works on the text.

Double click on the picture to get full screen. Unfortunately, the scoreline on the top interferes with the full picture. Kind of like sitting in the upper blues at the Aud and not being able to see the scoreboard...

My cousin from DC was bragging about the Craps being 2-0 in the preseason. Since I actually understand how meaningless this is, I won't bother to mention today's game to her (even though she was there).

Don't worry. You should have some opportunities during the regular season to let her know that every game was a "Crapshot." (yes, bad joke, pun intended).

My cousin from DC was bragging about the Craps being 2-0 in the preseason. Since I actually understand how meaningless this is, I won't bother to mention today's game to her (even though she was there).

Why do people do this? I've seen fans of NFL & MLB teams do the same. It's preseason...it means nothing. I don't get it.

I think that was a given. How was Myers? Weber's give away sounds bad but what about the rest of his game?

Myers really wasn't to noticable (other than being tall). Webers 2 negative plays were very noticable but he and Butler were probably the best tandem out there. They played a strong game together. Butler is going to be the real deal! You could hear him chirping at the refs as well. Its good to see him becoming more vocal.

The Sabres are finding ways to win however it seems like their offense can be easily shut out of the game. In the first game, Varlamov was king until the 3rd period when we began scoring. Against Detroit it was like 30-10 shot advantage for the Wings and 1-0 lead going into the 3rd.... all 3 goals came in the 3rd. And last night, we scored 11 seconds apart.

One problem i had with this team last year was they could never play a 60 minute game. Pre-season or not, they are still not showing they can. They are going to have a hard time winning if they can only play good hockey for just several minutes a game.

Archived