GDT - Buffalo @ Detroit 7PM

LabattBlue

Radio coverage on WGR55. According to the Buffalo News, Miller will play the entire game.

Couple of other notes from the News...

"Ruff said defenseman Steve Montador (neck stinger) will be held off the ice for a couple of days but forward Adam Mair (hip surgery) has the OK to skate on his own. Defenseman Matt Generous, ticketed for Portland, will miss a month with an ankle tendon injury."

Sabres lineup per their website...

FORWARDS: Tim Connolly, Matt Ellis, Pat Kaleta, Tim Kennedy, Paul Gaustad, Nathan Gerbe, Mike Grier, Clarke MacArthur, Jason Pominville, Derek Roy, Thomas Vanek

DEFENSE: Chris Butler, Toni Lydman, Tyler Myers, Nathan Paetsch, Craig Rivet, Mike Weber

GOALIES: Ryan Miller, Jhonas Enroth

http://sabres.nhl.com/club/preview.htm?id=2009010035&navid=buf-home-dl

They are short one player? Maybe OSP is trying to save on travel expenses! :rolleyes:

43-19 shots on goal. Ouch. If this was a regular season game, you would say that we stole two points. Not much intensity in this game by either side really, but Detroit carried the play in the first two periods. I wish I could say a Sabre really stood out but I can't (maybe Miller, but it wasn't like he was under seige, he just stopped a lot of shots). Oh well, two more preseason games on the net against the Leafs, and I think that's it. Even though we won, it certainly didn't look like midseason hockey.

Miller just got hit by Eaves as he skated into him. Nice to see that gritty Gustaud standing there watching the whole thing doing nothing.

side note: These Detroit announcers are the worst homers. Worse than RJ even.

Well, except for the fact that Peaves was pulled down by the Sabres defenseman (can't remember who it was). Oh, and made essentially no contact at all.

It was difficult to tell who was who thanks to the compressed web feed, but there were a few times I did notice Gerbe of all people. In the third, it almost looks like they had two men on him at times. It also seemed like Myers was making some solid D plays for the most part in the third. Can't say anything about the first period as I missed it, and they all looked like hell in the second.

I also noticed a new PP strategy for the Sabres. Rivet at point in the center, two guys on the boards, Vanek in front and floater.

It was difficult to tell who was who thanks to the compressed web feed, but there were a few times I did notice Gerbe of all people. In the third, it almost looks like they had two men on him at times.

How about that lazy clearing attempt late in the game where Datsyuk picked his pocket and kept the puck in the zone? That was ugly.

It was difficult to tell who was who thanks to the compressed web feed, but there were a few times I did notice Gerbe of all people. In the third, it almost looks like they had two men on him at times. It also seemed like Myers was making some solid D plays for the most part in the third.

I knew someone would mention Gerbe not getting the puck out of the zone at the blue line with about a minute left in the game. But I seen all of the first period and half of the third and Gerbe looked fine to me other than not getting out the puck late. Gerbe deserves the spot on this team, he hustle's and work's hard. That's exactly what they need him to do and the more he plays the more he should be able to adjust and get better.

Myers I like the kid and he's going to be a solid defenseman for years to come but I really think the coaching staff needs to tell this kid he needs to throw his weight around alittle. He needs to be mean in front of the net. For a guy his size he just doesn't use his body enough. At least that's my opinion.

43-19 shots on goal. Ouch. If this was a regular season game, you would say that we stole two points. Not much intensity in this game by either side really, but Detroit carried the play in the first two periods. I wish I could say a Sabre really stood out but I can't (maybe Miller, but it wasn't like he was under seige, he just stopped a lot of shots). Oh well, two more preseason games on the net against the Leafs, and I think that's it. Even though we won, it certainly didn't look like midseason hockey.

I can tell you who I thought stood out and that was Pominville. He definetly looks quicker this year and should rebound from last year.

Archived