GDT - Buffalo @ Detroit 7PM

LabattBlue

Did Detroit play their first-teamers? (ie Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, etc.)?

Datsyuk, Draper, Eaves, Franzen, Holmstrom, Lebda, Lidstrom, Rafalski all played ... no Zetterberg or Kronwall ... not a horrible lineup. Better than the one that beat the Rangers in OT their last game.

Didn't listen to the game.

Initially, I was quite surprised/pleased to hear the Sabres won 3-1. But then I saw the game stats; Buffalo's third goal was an empty netter, and Detroit put 42 shots on Miller!? Buffalo only managed 20 shots? Detroit had 5 shots in the last minute of the game? Scary.

Sounds as if Miller was the only thing keeping the Sabres in the game. It's good to see the Sabres get a win in a close game, but still, not quite the victory I had thought of when I saw the score last night.

I can tell you who I thought stood out and that was Pominville. He definetly looks quicker this year and should rebound from last year.

I was at the game against the Caps, and I also noticed how much faster Pommers was. His off season workout has obviously paid dividends in his skating ability.

Ok, it was tough to see on the small internet feed. Anyway, a guy down flat on the ice sliding into the goalie's right leg doesn't equate to running the goalie. Hell, PEaves caught more post then he did Miller.

I just want to point out that I was so drunk last night it took me 10 minutes to type that post.

Did anyone else with DirecTV randomly end up getting the Detroit RSN feed of this game? I was pleasantly surprised when it showed up in my list of recorded programs.

I watched about half the game. Here are a few notes:

- Myers got plenty of ice time and looked pretty good.

- Top line was initially TC-Pommer-Vanek, but by the 3rd period MacArthur had taken Vanek's spot, and Vanek was playing with Gerbe and Kennedy.

- Top d-pair was Rivet and Butler. Butler looked pretty good and more aggressive carrying the puck.

- Miller was very sharp.

- Gaustad played with Grier on the 3rd line. I don't think Hecht played with them (for that matter I don't think Hecht played at all but I could be wrong on that).

Archived