Preseason Game One Discussion

darksabre

Until I see him skate a shift without ended up on his stubby arse, I can not and will not lay off this midget.

The guy can play at this level. His skating and speed will keep him in the NHL. Plus at least the guy throws his weight around. The guy has heart which is more than I can say for some of the bigger players on this team. I like him and he's a good little player. He's not Marty St. Louis type talent but can skate just as well. Give the guy some time to adjust for christ sake's. Most guys need a couple of seasons before they start improving. Be patient and stop riding the guy.

The guy can play at this level. His skating and speed will keep him in the NHL. Plus at least the guy throws his weight around. The guy has heart which is more than I can say for some of the bigger players on this team. I like him and he's a good little player. He's not Marty St. Louis type talent but can skate just as well. Give the guy some time to adjust for christ sake's. Most guys need a couple of seasons before they start improving. Be patient and stop riding the guy.

If he's not Marty St. Louis talent, then what is the point?

Great optimism, but how can you possibly know this? He was completely ineffective for the Sabres last year. I'm willing to give it some time before coming to a conclusion on him, and I'm pulling for him, but there hasn't been anything -- not even in preseason -- to suggest he'll make it at this level.

I completely agree, he looked completely lost at times. Overall he did nothing that stood out except make mistakes.

Music to my ears. My gut feeling has been telling me for awhile that Myers isn't mentally ready. Every time I've seen Weber play, he really didn't make many mistakes. And he's tough and takes no crap from anyone.

So...you're not going to watch the games, but you're still going to post political & religious stuff? No thanks.

Thanks for the report. I like what I've heard about Ennis so far. The Sabres need another dynamic forward.

Good call. I would prefer (and I think the Sabres would prefer) that Weber be the guy who steps up this year and Myers gets another year of seasoning. I'd be very happy with a top 6 of:

Rivet-Lydman

Butler-Montador

Sekera-Weber

That's exactly the lineup I'm hoping for. Butler also plays well with Rivet. I think Butler has learned a lot already from playing with Rivet. I was impressed with him last season.

Great optimism, but how can you possibly know this? He was completely ineffective for the Sabres last year. I'm willing to give it some time before coming to a conclusion on him, and I'm pulling for him, but there hasn't been anything -- not even in preseason -- to suggest he'll make it at this level.

Agreed! I hope he can make it, but he could just as easily end up being one of those players who is very good at the AHL level, but just can't make that jump to the NHL.

J.P. and Thorburn almost got into it last night, but they separated themselves. I was hoping they'd throw down, that would've been interesting. Preds shut Atlanta out 5-0. Fun. I got on the jumbotron with my red Sabres jersey on, and the crowd cheered as I was gesturing the number 10 with my hands screaming "We're coming, October 10th!". My buddy who was sitting next to me stood up and showed his Red Wings jersey and the cheers immediately turned to boo's. It was hilarious.

:thumbsup: Serious hockey talk indeed.

J.P. and Thorburn almost got into it last night, but they separated themselves. I was hoping they'd throw down, that would've been interesting. Preds shut Atlanta out 5-0. Fun. I got on the jumbotron with my red Sabres jersey on, and the crowd cheered as I was gesturing the number 10 with my hands screaming "We're coming, October 10th!". My buddy who was sitting next to me stood up and showed his Red Wings jersey and the cheers immediately turned to boo's. It was hilarious.

:thumbsup: Serious hockey talk indeed.

And from what I've seen, Wilson put up a good first showing. :thumbsup:

And from what I've seen, Wilson put up a good first showing. :thumbsup:

Yea. He scored one and set up two. Sullivan, Arnott and Dumont all scored. That is a stellar line right there, let me tell you. Ellis shut them out for one half of the game, and they switched to Dekanich midway through the second. He's pretty good. Shea Weber played, and of course he scored too. It was a fun game. The Nashville crowd is a riot!

Hey I have an idea do you think you can adjust quickly to the skill level at the NHL. Some players take a full season or two before they start producing. Ex. Pierre Turgeon, Brendan Shannon, and tons more. If you think alot of players are going to step in and be able to fill a spot full time without time to adjust thats just thinking crazy. Give the guy some time. Each level the speed and skill goes up I don't think a handfull of games you can judge someone that quickly. The point that I'm trying to make is at least the guy has heart, desire and he hustle's using his speed and throw the body around even though that's not his game that's more than I can say for some of the bigger guys on the current roster. Wow I'm glad you guys aren't a GM or coach alot of players in the NHL would be doomed!

Hey I have an idea do you think you can adjust quickly to the skill level at the NHL. Some players take a full season or two before they start producing. Ex. Pierre Turgeon, Brendan Shannon, and tons more. If you think alot of players are going to step in and be able to fill a spot full time without time to adjust thats just thinking crazy. Give the guy some time. Each level the speed and skill goes up I don't think a handfull of games you can judge someone that quickly. The point that I'm trying to make is at least the guy has heart, desire and he hustle's using his speed and throw the body around even though that's not his game that's more than I can say for some of the bigger guys on the current roster. Wow I'm glad you guys aren't a GM or coach alot of players in the NHL would be doomed!

Maybe some of us have seen more than just one season of Gerbe. Or better yet, more than 10 regular season games and a handful of preseason games.

Maybe some of us have seen more than just one season of Gerbe. Or better yet, more than 10 regular season games and a handful of preseason games.

You've turned dude. What happened to the fun loving, dance naked in the window singing Journey shrader we all know and love? :nana:

Archived