Projected Opening Day Roster

Doohickie

Myers as the #7? First, I apologize for needing to ask this, but will his sitting in the press box count as 1 of the 9 games where we get to keep him in Buffalo? In any case, I feel let down by this development -- it was like "Ooooooh, they're keeping the Kid Giant up with the big club ... oh, wait - he's not going to play." Maybe the plan is to play him in game #2 later next week?

No this wouldn't count as one of his 9 games, but that is besides the point. Would you expect anything more from this increasingly maddening indecisive organization? They are going to cherry pick which games to play him in? If they think Paetsch is a better option :doh: , then send Myers back to juniors!

I wonder who is calling the shots on this? Lindy or Darcy? Haven't even made it to opening faceoff and I'm already fired up!

Relax... if Nate was truly ahead of Myers on the depth chart, Myers would be back with Kelowna by now.

This sounds right -- unless they just want to keep him practicing here as long as possible while Lydman is hurt, and maybe see how good/lousy Tallinder and Paetch look.

That is horrible! Why would they keep Myers up and start Paetcsh of all people over him. That makes my stomach turn!

Either of them paired with tally-man is probably a bad idea. They need to be with a reliable vet who can encourage them and in tough times settle them down. I just can't see Tallinder doing that, he's a mental case himself. I really wish they found a way to keep Spacek, and dump Tallinder.

There are so many more options with...

Rivet - Butler

Spacek - Myers

Sekera - Montador

Nate won't play ahead of Myers on Saturday. There's just no way.

yet, that's what seems to be the plan.

unless they just want to keep him practicing here as long as possible while Lydman is hurt, and maybe see how good/lousy Tallinder and Paetch look.

this sounds right -- don't dump the kid into a saturday night opener in mohn-ree-ahl of all places -- see if tallinder and paestch can be a passable pairing -- then re-evaulate your options come game 2 (which is later on in the week).

yet, that's what seems to be the plan.

this sounds right -- don't dump the kid into a saturday night opener in mohn-ree-ahl of all places -- see if tallinder and paestch can be a passable pairing -- then re-evaulate your options come game 2 (which is later on in the week).

Um, it's in Buffalo. At this place called HSBC Arena.

Either of them paired with tally-man is probably a bad idea. They need to be with a reliable vet who can encourage them and in tough times settle them down. I just can't see Tallinder doing that, he's a mental case himself. I really wish they found a way to keep Spacek, and dump Tallinder.

There are so many more options with...

Rivet - Butler

Spacek - Myers

Sekera - Montador

Those combos sounds SO much better than what will be on the ice Saturday night. :(

oh, for the love of the sweet baby jesus.

:oops:

:bag:

i promise, there are extenuating circumstances in my life right now.

It must be your new glasses. (I'm making a vague Simpsons reference, not trying to poke fun at any possible extenuating circumstances in your life)

It must be your new glasses. (I'm making a vague Simpsons reference, not trying to poke fun at any possible extenuating circumstances in your life)

things are just insane at work and at home (i've got a slew of young kids) - always a tough combination.

the simpsons are amazing -- i haven't sat down and watched an episode in maybe 10 years, but there are dozens of references from old episodes that i still use and get -- although yours wasn't one of them. can i get a little help?

things are just insane at work and at home (i've got a slew of young kids) - always a tough combination.

the simpsons are amazing -- i haven't sat down and watched an episode in maybe 10 years, but there are dozens of references from old episodes that i still use and get -- although yours wasn't one of them. can i get a little help?

Marge: Do you notice something different about Bart?

Homer: New glasses?

Marge: No, I mean like something's bothering him.

Homer: Probably misses his old glasses.

Marge: I'd get more involved but then I'd be affriad of smothering him.

Homer: Yeah...and then we'd get the chair.

Marge: Homer! That's not what I meant.

Homer: Admit it Marge, it was.

Hey, it even ties in with the slew of young kids you mentioned. :D

That even smells terrible. I certainly hope that doesn't last.

I would rather see Gragnani-DiPenta than that garbage. Lindy might be farther down the road to nowhere than I thought he was.

Relax... if Nate was truly ahead of Myers on the depth chart, Myers would be back with Kelowna by now.

This smacks of "Clarke MacArthur is a power forward". Completely false.

Would you expect anything more from this increasingly maddening indecisive organization?

Somehow, I still do. Not sure why anymore.

So if Myers is ahead of Paetsch on the depth chart, why is it looking like Myers will be in the press box on opening night?

QFT

Nate won't play ahead of Myers on Saturday. There's just no way.

Hope you are right, Mr. Meat.

This sounds right -- unless they just want to keep him practicing here as long as possible while Lydman is hurt, and maybe see how good/lousy Tallinder and Paetch look.

I can tell you how they will look, awful. First shift they play we will all be clamoring for Myers, Weber or even #%^$#!ing TJ Brennnan.

Archived