Yahoo Hockey Fantasy League

nobody

Just joined. I've never done fantasy before and I find myself in a division with tom webster and Vanek Man...oof. Looks like my season will be as short as I fear the Sabres' will be this year.

wtf... how did I get in that one too? :angry:

Probably not the best place for this, but i'm running a fantasy hockey league for money... $20 buy in and i have one spot open. 14 team league on yahoo sports and it's head to head. Anyone interested?

Don't worry about paying me until like Christmas if you do decide to join. Any interest?

PM me if interested.

Live draft is Sept 24th @ 7pm.

So, I've never done fantasy hockey before...anyone that has done this before want to give me a quick rundown on how this works?

I've only did it last year so I'm no expert! Pick a good team to start. Change your lineup so each day you have your players that are playing; playing. The main thing is to have fun so you stick with it for the whole season.

So, is it a head to head thing like in Fantasy football? Only your game lasts all week long? Or is it like most Fantasy Baseball leagues where it is just a running total and everyone is playing each other all the time? I can see which positions it is better to take by looking at the points breakdown, but I was a little confused on how the matchups work...

So, is it a head to head thing like in Fantasy football? Only your game lasts all week long? Or is it like most Fantasy Baseball leagues where it is just a running total and everyone is playing each other all the time? I can see which positions it is better to take by looking at the points breakdown, but I was a little confused on how the matchups work...

Head to head; game lasts all week long. But you can set your roster for each day.

It is head-to-head each week. Your standings are based on cummulative categories you win/lose over season. So if you win GF for the week, you get one point. Lose GF, and you get nothing. Ties are zero points. So you might finish a week 9-4 (I've forgotten the categories, so don't put too much emphasis on the 13) or 4-9.

Bottom line, visit your lineup frequently. Get as many players as you can in there. Your goalies must play three times for their stats to count. Once you win the goalie points, sit your goalies (you don't want to balloon your GAA or loses once you have won the category)

It is head-to-head each week. Your standings are based on cummulative categories you win/lose over season. So if you win GF for the week, you get one point. Lose GF, and you get nothing. Ties are zero points. So you might finish a week 9-4 (I've forgotten the categories, so don't put too much emphasis on the 13) or 4-9.

Bottom line, visit your lineup frequently. Get as many players as you can in there. Your goalies must play three times for their stats to count. Once you win the goalie points, sit your goalies (you don't want to balloon your GAA or loses once you have won the category)

I gotcha. Thanks a bunch, that helps a lot...coming from only really ever doing Fantasy Football, I wasn't sure how this worked.

Sorry about that. All fixed and all set to go as scheduled.

Looks like I will have a computer generated team...my 2 year old tripped on my laptop cord today and pulled the wire away from the AC adapter...battery life won't last through the draft. New cord is 80 bucks at Best Buy, but much cheaper online...

Trying to rig the cord up so that It will stay in and charge, but not having much luck.

Will do my best to be there, otherwise, I'll roll with what I get given. It doesn't mean I won't be active in the league, it was just the absolute worst possible time for this to happen.

Looks like I will have a computer generated team...my 2 year old tripped on my laptop cord today and pulled the wire away from the AC adapter...battery life won't last through the draft. New cord is 80 bucks at Best Buy, but much cheaper online...

Trying to rig the cord up so that It will stay in and charge, but not having much luck.

Will do my best to be there, otherwise, I'll roll with what I get given. It doesn't mean I won't be active in the league, it was just the absolute worst possible time for this to happen.

I ended up getting an autodrafted team in the ESPN fantasy league I'm in and it worked out okay, so you never know.

Archived