Yahoo Hockey Fantasy League

nobody

Well it appears that the mob has decided to keep things as they are. So, as commisioner, I will table the discussion for now. :)

One of the duties of commisioner is to maintain a stong and smoothly running league. Part of those duties is the ability to edit rosters of teams that may appear to not be running any longer, so everybody play fair. ;)

Also, I plan to disband one random team during the olympic break, allowing them to keep 2 defensemen and whomever is on IR at the time. :D

A little housekeeping:

Leafs Suck (gosabres76) hasn't had any League Activity since Sept 5.

Brent Hughes Fist (JoeC) hasn't had any League Activity since Oct 12.

If you guys are not interested in playing anymore, just give a holler and I will take over your teams. :ph34r: (Where's the devil emoticon when you need it?)

A little housekeeping:

Leafs Suck (gosabres76) hasn't had any League Activity since Sept 5.

Brent Hughes Fist (JoeC) hasn't had any League Activity since Oct 12.

If you guys are not interested in playing anymore, just give a holler and I will take over your teams. :ph34r: (Where's the devil emoticon when you need it?)

That's the problem with fantasy leagues where there is no $$$ involved.

That's the problem with fantasy leagues where there is no $$$ involved.

True. But you figure we have a nice little community here and you would think people who sigh up are doing it because they think it will be fun (even if you end up with a lousy team.)

I'm playing for respect! :blush:

I think the inactive team's players should be divvied up between the bottom feeder teams in order to make the league more competitive.

I'll be looking into what I have power to do. Yahoo doesn't give me much control as commisioner sadly. Looks mostly like I can edit the days lineup and add/drop players. Would be good if I could trade players.

I can only edit the roster for the next day for other teams. Kinda silly that they use a different process then for your own team. So I'm not going to bother doing that. What I think I will do first is drop the players that Leafs Suck and Brent Hughes Fist have on their benches.

I can only edit the roster for the next day for other teams. Kinda silly that they use a different process then for your own team. So I'm not going to bother doing that. What I think I will do first is drop the players that Leafs Suck and Brent Hughes Fist have on their benches.

I think we should set up a lottery. Take the players that you are dropping from each team, put them in order by rank, put the team owners names in a hat and draw owners until all the players are gone. Then release them all to free agency and give the owners 2-3 days to pick up the players they won. If they haven't taken them after that time, then they are free to anyone in the league to take if they wish.

Just thinking of ways to make it fair and keep one owner from snagging all of the good players you'd be dropping to FA status.

Of course the lottery could result in an already good team picking up a good player, but hey, that's life right?

I think we should set up a lottery. Take the players that you are dropping from each team, put them in order by rank, put the team owners names in a hat and draw owners until all the players are gone. Then release them all to free agency and give the owners 2-3 days to pick up the players they won. If they haven't taken them after that time, then they are free to anyone in the league to take if they wish.

Just thinking of ways to make it fair and keep one owner from snagging all of the good players you'd be dropping to FA status.

Of course the lottery could result in an already good team picking up a good player, but hey, that's life right?

I was thinking something like that also. We're not really looking at superstars here but there might be some interest. How about I just ask here (plus I'll send out an email) if any manager is interested in any of the following players please let me know by Sunday Nov 15th. Then I will randomly pick one of the interested managers from the hat for each player. I'll then send out notice who won each player and then put them on waivers and the winner will have through Tuesday Nov 17th to pick up the player. Free to anybody at Midnight Wednesday 18th.

BHF:

BN Mathieu Schneider (Van - D)

BN Ethan Moreau (Edm - LW)

BN Scottie Upshall (Pho - RW)

BN Rich Peverley (Atl - C)

BN Sami Salo (Van - D)

LS:

BN Matthew Lombardi (Pho - C)

BN Pierre-Marc Bouchard (Min - LW) IR

BN Niklas Hagman (Tor - LW)

BN Paul Mara (Mon - D)

BN Steve Bernier (Van - RW)

I wonder if they are active members?

I couldn't find them based on the limited info I have.

Here is what I know:

nobody = nobody

Vanek-Man = Vanek-Man

wjag = Icebergs

LabattBlue = LabattBlue

tom webster = Tom Webster

ThePebble19 = ThePebble19

d4rksabre = Housley's Heroes

SwampD = Swamp Sweepers

jimiVbaby = jimiVbaby

SDS = A Team Named Goo

DeLuca67 = Status Quo

will =

elcrusho =

thanes16 =

Teams those 3 must match:

Unbearables

Zamboners

sabres3

The other two:

Brent Hughes Fist

Leafs Suck

I was thinking something like that also. We're not really looking at superstars here but there might be some interest. How about I just ask here (plus I'll send out an email) if any manager is interested in any of the following players please let me know by Sunday Nov 15th. Then I will randomly pick one of the interested managers from the hat for each player. I'll then send out notice who won each player and then put them on waivers and the winner will have through Tuesday Nov 17th to pick up the player. Free to anybody at Midnight Wednesday 18th.

BHF:

BN Mathieu Schneider (Van - D)

BN Ethan Moreau (Edm - LW)

BN Scottie Upshall (Pho - RW)

BN Rich Peverley (Atl - C)

BN Sami Salo (Van - D)

LS:

BN Matthew Lombardi (Pho - C)

BN Pierre-Marc Bouchard (Min - LW) IR

BN Niklas Hagman (Tor - LW)

BN Paul Mara (Mon - D)

BN Steve Bernier (Van - RW)

Last call on any of these players!

The requests:

Unbearables: Peverley, Hagman & Lombardi

Housley's Hereos: Peverley & Upshall

Icebergs: Upshall, Schneider

nobody: Peverley

The winners:

Unbearables: Hagman & Lombardi

Icebergs: Schneider

Congratulations, you now have through Tuesday Nov 17th to pick up your players. Free to anybody at Midnight Wednesday 18th. Please allow the winners to get their players.

The requests:

Unbearables: Peverley, Hagman & Lombardi

Icebergs: Upshall, Schneider

nobody: Peverley

The winners:

Unbearables: Hagman & Lombardi

Icebergs: Schneider

Congratulations, you now have through Tuesday Nov 17th to pick up your players. Free to anybody at Midnight Wednesday 18th. Please allow the winners to get their players.

Just an update; please don't make a claim on any of the players that were won in the draft until they become free agents, which actually won't happen until Thursday 19th. Please allow the winners to get their players.

He has to clear waivers..

I should have made them all FA immediately. Forgot that was a different tool I had to use. I tried to change it now but it won't let me since you put your claim in already. Let's hope no one else has made a claim.

Archived