Yahoo Hockey Fantasy League

nobody

I am working on setting up a Yahoo Hockey Fantasy League. More emphasis on forwards & defense then goaltending. Still a bit up in the air. People need to make sure they will stick with it for the whole season before they decide to join.

League ID#: 114101

League Name: SabreSpaceBlue

Password: RyanMiller

Custom League URL: http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/sabrespaceblue

Draft Type: Live Draft

Draft Time: Sat Sep 26 8:00pm EDT

Max Teams: 20

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 1

Trade End Date: March 18, 2010

Waiver Time: 1 day

Trade Review: Commissioner

Post Draft Players: Free Agents

Max Acquisitions per Week: No maximum

Min Games Played: 2

Weekly Deadline: Daily - Tomorrow

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Divisions: Yes (4 divisions)

Playoff Seeding Options: Division winners awarded top playoff seeds

Roster Positions: C, C, LW, LW, RW, RW, D, D, D, D, Util, Util, Util, Util, G, G, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, IR, IR, IR

Forwards/Defensemen Stat Categories: Goals (G), Assists (A), Points (P), Plus/Minus (+/-), Penalty Minutes (PIM), Powerplay Goals (PPG), Powerplay Assists (PPA), Shorthanded Goals (SHG), Shorthanded Assists (SHA), Game-Winning Goals (GWG), Shots on Goal (SOG), Shooting Percentage (SH%)

Goaltenders Stat Categories: Wins (W), Losses (L), Goals Against Average (GAA), Save Percentage (SV%)

Stat categories I didn't use: F/D: PP points, SH points, Faceoffs won, Faceoffs lost. Goal: Games, Goals Against, Shots Against, Saves, Shutouts.

wow, four util spots and a ton of stats...this outta be entertaining*.

thanks for setting this up.

* - and by "entertaining," i really mean "insane."

I'm open to modifications for the setup. Last year we had too much emphasis on goaltending stats.

I love the idea of divisions. However, i'd limit it to 4 teams per division, not 5. 20 teams might be too crazy. It's fantasy for a reason. No need to be losing weeks due to somebody having better 4th line players then someone else. The talent level will be pretty weak is as, i can't imagine it with 20 teams. But whatever we decide, i'm happy to stay in and have a blast.

I am fine with how it is. However, if it was up to me, I would do away with GWG and add face-offs. GWG has always been more about luck to me, especiially the way the NHL awards them.

Faceoffs won rather then faceoffs lost; I'd assume?

I love the idea of divisions. However, i'd limit it to 4 teams per division, not 5. 20 teams might be too crazy. It's fantasy for a reason. No need to be losing weeks due to somebody having better 4th line players then someone else. The talent level will be pretty weak is as, i can't imagine it with 20 teams. But whatever we decide, i'm happy to stay in and have a blast.

I just put it at 20 since that is the max. I can drop it to 16. Plus what are the odds it fills up anyway?

Just joined. I've never done fantasy before and I find myself in a division with tom webster and Vanek Man...oof. Looks like my season will be as short as I fear the Sabres' will be this year.

I'm just shooting for 2nd in my division. :)

Last year it was most important to get the top goaltenders. With the setup this year I think getting the best scorers may be a little more important. But I could be totally wrong. :unsure:

I'd like to join the league. I clicked on the link, but it didn't give the chance to join. Any suggestions?

Are you a member of Yahoo? If not, join. The next time you click on the link it will take you where you want to go. That's how I did it.

Archived