NHL center Ice

Foot In The Crease!

It is about 140 bucks give or take... A great deal compared to the rip off that the NFL package is.. They want 300 bucks and that doesn't give you games in HD. They want another 100 dollars to watch games in HD when they are free to everyone else in their home markets. Six easy payments of 50 bucks.. It's like owning season tickets..

One Adam 12, One Adam 12, See the man at the corner of Out-of-town and Screw You Streets..

I think you can get a early bird promo for $129. But I could be wrong. $140 sounds about right. I've had it for 6 straight seasons and it is excellent. You get every game, however, if you're in that teams blackout zone you can't get it (example: I live in Vegas, therefore LA Kings are considered my zone, so I don't get them on CI.... But I get Fox Sports West and they broadcast every game anyway, so I'm good.)

NFL Sunday Ticket is a ripoff. Especially the projected wins for the Bills this season...Uggg!

I was considering buying NHL center Ice for the upcoming season and I was wondering if anybody knows how much it cost? I checked their website but they don't have anything about pricing.

I have NHL Center Ice for DirecTV and I'm billed $39.75 in 4 monthly installments beginning in October of each year. I've had the subscription for several years though. I think it's worth every penny....multiple HD games on nightly all through winter. Can't beat that!

Go directly to their website and get the version on online. You can watch it from anywhere with a laptop and a high speed internet connection, just log in. I watch games while editing photos.

Sweet! We can watch the game huddled around my 14" laptop screen instead of my big TV! :) Now if they added the TV package to the online package or vice versa for a small fee, I'd be game.

Also: on Comcast in Philly, there are very few CI (if any, and not once has it been the Sabres) games in HD. It almost makes me enjoy the VS and Flyers games since they're sooo pretty. I've been toying with going to FIOS TV or DirectTV, but FIOS doesn't have center ice and DirectTV may have screwed the pooch with VS.

Sweet! We can watch the game huddled around my 14" laptop screen instead of my big TV! :) Now if they added the TV package to the online package or vice versa for a small fee, I'd be game.

Also: on Comcast in Philly, there are very few CI (if any, and not once has it been the Sabres) games in HD. It almost makes me enjoy the VS and Flyers games since they're sooo pretty. I've been toying with going to FIOS TV or DirectTV, but FIOS doesn't have center ice and DirectTV may have screwed the pooch with VS.

:o rut row :wub:

Link: http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/centerice_online.html

P.S. I have a 21 inch monitor and a 17 inch laptop monitor so it views well, but then again I am a photographer and tech savy.

that is incorrect. They added it last season.

I think its like 150 or 160 here in Raleigh on Time Warner and well worth it. The only problem is here, as someone else mentioned, we only get one game a night in HD and very seldom is it the Sabres. Hopefully this season they'll change that and have more, if not all, games in HD.

Link: http://www.nhl.com/n...ice_online.html

P.S. I have a 21 inch monitor and a 17 inch laptop monitor so it views well, but then again I am a photographer and tech savy.

Hey if you have an internet connection and an online center ice and an HD TV all you need is a monitor connector to hock up from your pc or laptop to your HD monitor and you can watch it on your big screen anyway. Pretty easy to do actually.... The thought just hit me because I often do this for slide show photo presentations, duh!

I think its like 150 or 160 here in Raleigh on Time Warner and well worth it. The only problem is here, as someone else mentioned, we only get one game a night in HD and very seldom is it the Sabres. Hopefully this season they'll change that and have more, if not all, games in HD.

I have TW Cable in Rochester and we also get 1 game per night on HD. Sometimes two (early night and late night). It sucks. But, if you get the NHL Network, you can get the games on Monday and Tuesday on HD on Versus, and HNIC on HD on Saturday's so there is still a good share of HD games. My problem with TW's HD games is, it's mainly only several teams all season. Pittsburgh, Boston and San Jose are on almost weekly. I wish sometimes instead of airing Boston/Florida HD they would air a bigger match up. But all in all, Center Ice is the best deal. After all the games i watch, i feel like i'm under paying the cable provider. lol

I have TW Cable in Rochester and we also get 1 game per night on HD. Sometimes two (early night and late night). It sucks. But, if you get the NHL Network, you can get the games on Monday and Tuesday on HD on Versus, and HNIC on HD on Saturday's so there is still a good share of HD games. My problem with TW's HD games is, it's mainly only several teams all season. Pittsburgh, Boston and San Jose are on almost weekly. I wish sometimes instead of airing Boston/Florida HD they would air a bigger match up. But all in all, Center Ice is the best deal. After all the games i watch, i feel like i'm under paying the cable provider. lol

I've been on Center Ice on Comcast for the last three seasons now, $40 X 4 monthly instalments.

The service has been fantastic for the most part - I hated it in the past when Sabres' Canadian games would be on NHL Network or TSN cos sometimes Center Ice would not carry them, but now Comcast put the NHL Network on a lower tier.

Living in Boston, means I have to watch six Sabres games a year on NESN, but I'd say more than half the other games are available with RJ & Harry Neale. Since for a lot of games Center Ice shows both H&A broadcasts, I'd like to see them give people the option of picking their preferred teams and having those broadcasts tailored for them.

• 4 weeks later...

Our Canadian cable system gets one or two games a night in HD as well, and they are usually the same teams you see.

Archived