Bam is slacking

LabattBlue

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=22597&blogger_id=1

"Talking to an NHL source I am told that the Sharks are on the verge of making a "relatively significant" deal that would help clear the cap space needed to get them back into the Heatley game. The deal I am told may be with Dallas or Buffalo..."

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=22597&blogger_id=1

"Talking to an NHL source I am told that the Sharks are on the verge of making a "relatively significant" deal that would help clear the cap space needed to get them back into the Heatley game. The deal I am told may be with Dallas or Buffalo..."

Much needed vacation....again. haha.

For a website that just makes stuff up, you think they would do 5 minutes of homework to realize Buffalo doesn't have expendable cap room. I think like many posters around here, they are operating under false assuptions, the whole Sabres are cheap/low payroll BS.

Well it'd have to be some sort of 3 way if they are doing it to clear cap and so are weee wee weee

Look, I'm not one to pass judgement on what people do in the privacy of their own homes. But this particular 3-way or menage-a-trois for our French-Canadian friends, has all the makings of something that even Caligula or the Marquis de Sade (again for our French-Canadian friends) would touch with a ten foot er, um, pole.

GO SABRES!!!

Well it'd have to be some sort of 3 way if they are doing it to clear cap and so are weee wee weee

The original talk was that the Sharks didn't have the pieces to send back to Ottawa so they were looking for another team to get involved. So SJ would funnel some money to Ottawa and some to the other team.

The original talk was that the Sharks didn't have the pieces to send back to Ottawa so they were looking for another team to get involved. So SJ would funnel some money to Ottawa and some to the other team.

Anybody care to speculate exactly whom on the Sharks roster we could realistically obtain that would fix some of our needs?

I mean, there supposedly has been some discussions in recent seasons of the Sharks wanting to unload Patrick Marleau since I seem to recall this past season being the make or break year for him.

Anybody care to speculate exactly whom on the Sharks roster we could realistically obtain that would fix some of our needs?

I mean, there supposedly has been some discussions in recent seasons of the Sharks wanting to unload Patrick Marleau since I seem to recall this past season being the make or break year for him.

According to Eck, San Jose wants to unload Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Santa's cap hit is too big and The Bunny never really lived up to his potential.

According to Eck, San Jose wants to unload Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny. Santa's cap hit is too big and The Bunny never really lived up to his potential.

Ok, Eck's outstanding lack of credibility notwithstanding, anyone care to speculate or have a San Jose wish list?

IS Marleau a reality, or is his salary too high for him to be a realistic option?

Ok, so I know that this Eck guy is horrible...

Marleau would fill the skill and size needs the Sabres are currently building/ lacking...

But the salary of $6.3 million seems very un-Sabre-like...

Patrick Marleau | #12 - Left Wing(?- I thought he was a center)

Birthdate: September 15, 1979

Birthplace: Aneroid, Saskatchewan

Height: 6'2

Weight: 220 lbs.

Shoots: Left

Salary: $6,300,000

NHL Seasons: 11

Drafted by San Jose in 1997 (1/2)

ok, everyone...I know that this may not be necessary...but here is another example of Eck predicting something being done or "close" to being done (as stated in the introductory link), but nothing (read: NOTHING) happened this weekend involving any of these teams.

Is this guy just a total , or is he schizo or something?

Ok, so I know that this Eck guy is horrible...

Marleau would fill the skill and size needs the Sabres are currently building/ lacking...

But the salary of $6.3 million seems very un-Sabre-like...

Patrick Marleau | #12 - Left Wing(?- I thought he was a center)

Birthdate: September 15, 1979

Birthplace: Aneroid, Saskatchewan

Height: 6'2

Weight: 220 lbs.

Shoots: Left

Salary: $6,300,000

NHL Seasons: 11

Drafted by San Jose in 1997 (1/2)

His salary is more than just un-Sabre-like. SJ wants to dump him and probably not finding too many interested.

For a website that just makes stuff up, you think they would do 5 minutes of homework to realize Buffalo doesn't have expendable cap room. I think like many posters around here, they are operating under false assuptions, the whole Sabres are cheap/low payroll BS.

I'm just not seeing many "Sabres are cheap" posts. I see mostly that the Sabres are mismanaged, poor talent evaluators and married to their mistakes. Which are all pretty strong points.

I'm just not seeing many "Sabres are cheap" posts. I see mostly that the Sabres are mismanaged, poor talent evaluators and married to their mistakes. Which are all pretty strong points.

Is there anyway to email that clown and bring his idiocy to his attention?

Yes! Marleau could still become a Sabre. :D Stafford, Tallinder and a 4th? :beer:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Eklund/300-am-Sharks-closing-in-on-Deal-Again-Marleau/1/22694

I would do this deal all day long and twice on sunday. The sabres, however? I don't see it. Too wedded to Staf's "potential". Marleau is who Stafford will be in a couple years. Unlike the Sabres to pay for a player who has "it" now when they feel they have the same player in their system who will have "it" in a year or two, who they can pay less in the meantime. Makes it tough to field a consistent winner when half your roster is always a few years short of reaching their potential.

I would do this deal all day long and twice on sunday. The sabres, however? I don't see it. Too wedded to Staf's "potential". Marleau is who Stafford will be in a couple years. Unlike the Sabres to pay for a player who has "it" now when they feel they have the same player in their system who will have "it" in a year or two, who they can pay less in the meantime. Makes it tough to field a consistent winner when half your roster is always a few years short of reaching their potential.

My post was tongue in cheek. The SJ GM would be checking his calendar to see if it is April 1st.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived