Bam is slacking

LabattBlue

I just heard Gerbe for Langston Walker, to add size and toughness. The rarified E6, too. Bam, you really are slacking.

Well that is just stupid. The Sabres can't trade for Walker cause no team owns his rights and he is a free agent, but if there is one GM in the league dumb enough to make a trade for a Free Agent, it would be Darcy Regier

Well that is just stupid. The Sabres can't trade for Walker cause no team owns his rights and he is a free agent, but if there is one GM in the league dumb enough to make a trade for a Free Agent, it would be Darcy Regier

But but but size! And toughness! And Eklund!

Ok, Eck's outstanding lack of credibility notwithstanding, anyone care to speculate or have a San Jose wish list?

IS Marleau a reality, or is his salary too high for him to be a realistic option?

This is typically what I see......

Ecklund has no credibility, now with that out of the way, does anyone care to discuss the Marleua trade?

This Marleau trade rumor has been rehashed by Sabres fans a million times over the last two years.

Why are Sabres fans, the ones on forums anyways so intrigued by a Marleau trade?

All someone has to do is say the name Marleau and there will instantly be a thread on every Sabres forum.

What amazes me is that at the same time the fans on all these hockey forums ridicule this Eklund and his site, they never fail to report and comment on a single rumor.

Eklund is an idiot and has not credibility with his glorified "rumors". But as for reading his site, its entertaining. As a Sabres fane, we all know that there most likely nothing in the works in regards to a deal, so seeing Eklund name the Sabres in a rumor gives some people a little hope that maybe something might happen, and see what its like to be another team that has atleast a slight chance of their GM making an actual trade for more then a couple picks, or some underachiever who will turn it around in Buffalo

Eklund is an idiot and has not credibility with his glorified "rumors". But as for reading his site, its entertaining. As a Sabres fane, we all know that there most likely nothing in the works in regards to a deal, so seeing Eklund name the Sabres in a rumor gives some people a little hope that maybe something might happen, and see what its like to be another team that has atleast a slight chance of their GM making an actual trade for more then a couple picks, or some underachiever who will turn it around in Buffalo

Eklund is an idiot and has not credibility with his glorified "rumors"

so seeing Eklund name the Sabres in a rumor gives some people a little hope

That is EXACTLY what I said they do!

He has NO credibility, but he DOES have credibility because his rumors give them hope, you said it yourself.

See.

I wasn't mistaken in any way shape or form.

I have these fans pegged.

That is EXACTLY what I said they do!

He has NO credibility, but he DOES have credibility because his rumors give them hope, you said it yourself.

See.

I wasn't mistaken in any way shape or form.

I have these fans pegged.

but what I am saying is that the fans aren't reading his site becuase they actually believe that the rumor is going to happen, they are reading it for fun and reporting on it for fun, even though we all know that the deals will never happen

but what I am saying is that the fans aren't reading his site becuase they actually believe that the rumor is going to happen, they are reading it for fun and reporting on it for fun, even though we all know that the deals will never happen

correct.

Except the Langston Walker deal. Bank on it. Or maybe it was Langston Hughes. I can't be too sure.

It's fun for fans to rehash the same trade rumors for two years?

It's fun for fans to post the same lame ek(4) quips a ten thousand times?

Certainly more fun than reading the thread and then making fun of people for being a little silly in their fanhood.

I'd say that "gives them a little hope" was just a poor choice of words. When their team has become known as a team that rarely makes trades and, at the same time, isn't performing well, fans are often drawn to what ifs. Personally, I've only ever seen one trade/signing rumor for the Sabres on any site that actually came true. That doesn't mean that I don't get some enjoyment out of looking at rumors, trying to figure out a way to make it "work" (i.e., realistic terms that could, in theory, make sense for both teams) and considering the effect of it happening. It's the offseason and there is no real activity, so why not give in to occasional flights of fancy?

Did you honestly come to this site just to be a douche??

Seriously, you've been rude in almost every one of your posts since joining. what is it you're trying to get at, overall?? Just curious, because maybe if we just give in to whatever it is you want, you'll go away...

Certainly more fun than reading the thread and then making fun of people for being a little silly in their fanhood.

I'd say that "gives them a little hope" was just a poor choice word. When their team has become known as a team that rarely makes trades and, at the same time, isn't performing well, fans are often drawn to what ifs. Personally, I've only ever seen one trade/signing rumor for the Sabres on any site that actually came true. That doesn't mean that I don't get some enjoyment out of looking at rumors, trying to figure out a way to make it "work" (i.e., realistic terms that could, in theory, make sense for both teams) and considering the effect of it happening. It's the offseason and there is no real activity, so why not give in to occasional flights of fancy?

Zing.

Archived