[OT] "The Beer Summit"

PASabreFan

Four men sat down to drink beers.

The President sat to the left of the man who drank the Buckler.

The man who drank Sam Adams was not a cop.

The Vice President did not sit next to the man who drank Blue Moon.

Gates is not the Vice President.

The man who drank Blue Moon did not arrest the man who was drinking Bud Light.

The man who ordered Red Stripe, but didn't get it, was not Crowley.

The woman who made the phone call did not order the beer.

Based upon these clues, can you tell who was sitting next to whom, and what each drank?

(NOTE: It may help to make a chart.)

Putting aside the fact that whole event was a sham propaganda show in the first place, how pathetic is it that the White House tells Gates he can't drink Red Stripe and instead has to order a domestic brew like Sam Adams Light (per Wikipedia entry for Red Stripe). I heard on NPR the beer choices & have been drinking Red Stripe of late too so was surprised later when I saw the switch. Gates should have stood up for his preferred beer - at least it's a successful export from Jamaica that's legal. Agree with the poster who said that anyone who believes Broke's preferred beer is Bud is drinking the Kool Aid. It's not even American owned anymore - couldn't he go with Yuengling or a local micro brew instead. I will never understand the popularity of Bud - it's not even cheap! - only thing I can think is that the more you drink of something the less you taste.

Well, all we need is a thread of wings and then the Summer hockey drought postings will be complete.

So Gates wasn't allowed to have a Jamaican beer but Crowley got to have his white beer?

:lol: :lol:

Wasn't Heart of Darkness (Joseph Conrad) set in the Belgian Congo? King Leopold II would have been proud of Crolwey's choice... ;) ;)

"Gates initially said he would have a Red Stripe, but facing criticism from Boston beer fans, he changed his choice to Sam Adams Light."

What about the people in Jamaica Plain (Boston)?

It's not even American owned anymore - couldn't he go with Yuengling or a local micro brew instead.

If he didn't drink an American (perceived, at least) major brand some nitwit on talk radio would claim it's further proof that he's an "elitist who won't drink real American beer". You know that's exactly what would happen.

As for the question, I don't have a regular beer; I'm always trying new stuff. It's difficult in PA due to the beer laws[0], but I don't drink that much these days so I just get 6-packs and eat the extra cost. If I had to go somewhere tomorrow, I'd take Sly Fox Phoenix Pale Ale if I needed to take cans (real beer in a can! Yay!), or Victory Storm King Stout or Wild Devil in bottles.

Besides, "Support your local economy, drink local beer."

[0] In PA, you can buy beer in only two places: a 'beer distributor' or a deli/restaurant. Distributors only sell cases (24 bottles/cans, or 12 big bottles). Deli's only sell 6 or 12-packs, but they charge restaurant-like prices. Expect to pay $10 or more for a 6-pack. It's big deal that Wegmans here got their 'Market Cafe' classified as a deli, so they can sell 6-packs now. Still costs $7 for a 6-pack of Yuenling though and more for any micro.

If he didn't drink an American (perceived, at least) major brand some nitwit on talk radio would claim it's further proof that he's an "elitist who won't drink real American beer". You know that's exactly what would happen.

As for the question, I don't have a regular beer; I'm always trying new stuff. It's difficult in PA due to the beer laws[0], but I don't drink that much these days so I just get 6-packs and eat the extra cost. If I had to go somewhere tomorrow, I'd take Sly Fox Phoenix Pale Ale if I needed to take cans (real beer in a can! Yay!), or Victory Storm King Stout or Wild Devil in bottles.

Besides, "Support your local economy, drink local beer."

[0] In PA, you can buy beer in only two places: a 'beer distributor' or a deli/restaurant. Distributors only sell cases (24 bottles/cans, or 12 big bottles). Deli's only sell 6 or 12-packs, but they charge restaurant-like prices. Expect to pay $10 or more for a 6-pack. It's big deal that Wegmans here got their 'Market Cafe' classified as a deli, so they can sell 6-packs now. Still costs $7 for a 6-pack of Yuenling though and more for any micro.

Yuengling doesn't seem too elitist to me - if I remember readying the right story a few years ago, it's a good family owned business with a long history.

I've seen some crazy alcohol laws while traveling around the USA but that's one of the weirder ones to not be able to buy a 6 pack from a non-restaurant store and also weird to be able to buy a 6 pack at a restaurant. Still, a buck or so a beer for higher quality brews isn't too far off base. Red Stripe here is $5.99/6 pack. Shiner is at best $11/12 pack. All the foreign 6 packs at HEB are $7-8. Pearl Light is the cheapest cheap beer I'll drink and it runs around $8 for a 12 pack. I don't know what the really cheap stuff costs - maybe $6-7/12 pack for Schlitz, PBR, Natural Light, etc.

I would have had a Molson Canadian.

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I've had Moosehead and I LOVE it!

I have to agree with Claude Verret about Obama's choice for Bud Light. Says plenty about the "man". Maybe it should be renamed "Guv Light".

I'm not much of a beer drinker, but I've had Moosehead and I LOVE it!

I have to agree with Claude Verret about Obama's choice for Bud Light. Says plenty about the "man". Maybe it should be renamed "Guv Light".

TMI.

Man, you need to go on some shorter trips. :unsure:

Oh, you were talkin' 'bout beer. :beer:

Nevermind. :P

TMI.

Man, you need to go on some shorter trips. :unsure:

Oh, you were talkin' 'bout beer. :beer:

Nevermind. :P

*groan*

I bet he can see Russia from his rig.

*groan*

I bet he can see Russia from his rig.

I hate to break it to you, but my company does not have the authority to run in Alaska and I also didn't try out for the current season of Ice Road Truckers.

Yeah, I know that's taking things a bit seriously. However, I have seen quite a bit of the lower 48 and southern Ontario since I started driving. I just wish I could see all 48 someday.

At any rate, PA: Cheers! (Just don't scroll all the way to the top).

Archived