[Game Day] Bruins @ Sabres 7:00PM

SabresBeat

3-2 buffalo, and it appears that the sabres have regained their confidence, and the bruins have lost all of theirs.

juju, this broadcast team has gone way beyond the "thank god we have RJ and JL" and its entering the "Pat Summeral in Madden" quality. All in all, its the same either way. Sabres are now kicking butt, no matter who's in the press box.

I think they took the cake with this one "The Bruins need to turn their PP into a weapon here."

This would fall under 5 different rules: 35 (referee), 37 (goal judge), 57 (goals and assists), 81 (puck out of sight), and 93 (video goal judge). Technically, if the ref loses sight of the puck, he is supposed to blow the whistle under rule 81, so no goal would be able to be scored. Rule 57 states that the puck must fully cross the goal line to score a goal. The video review judge has a very limited number of situations that he reviews / looks for. According to rule 35, the ref has the final decision on disputed goals, so if the video replay is not conclusive, then his call on the ice would stand.

Yeah, I meant was there actual language anywhere that says "The standard of review is..."

Ok, I am convinced these guys are fools now. The guys talking during the period break talked about how the call on Boynton was too important of a situation to make a call like that. They need to get it through their head that clutching and grabbing is going to be called whenever the penalty takes place!

Yeah, I meant was there actual language anywhere that says "The standard of review is..."

Hopeless, this is the NHL. When have they EVER done anything that simply or straightforwardly? :huh: My interpretation of it is simply that if the VGJ cannot say definitively whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed then the call stands as is.

The league has MEMOS to cover the mechanics of the reviews. You wouldn't want something like that getting out to the public at large, there'd be anarchy, ANARCHY I tell you! ;)

Hopeless, this is the NHL. When have they EVER done anything that simply or straightforwardly? :huh: My interpretation of it is simply that if the VGJ cannot say definitively whether a goal should be allowed or disallowed then the call stands as is.

The league has MEMOS to cover the mechanics of the reviews. You wouldn't want something like that getting out to the public at large, there'd be anarchy, ANARCHY I tell you! ;)

Yeah, how foolish of me :D

yes

Wow, these guys are really crying about that. I am not saying Briere was in the right on this one, but that doesn't mean he dove into Thomas when he was pushed. These guys accuse everyone of diving, they need a physics lesson. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. If you push a player, he will move in the other direction.

EDIT: They just showed the replay. While a penalty should have been called on Briere, I don't think he took a run at Thomas. His back was to him. I doubt he knew exactly where Thomas was. Thoughts?

Wow, these guys are really crying about that. I am not saying Briere was in the right on this one, but that doesn't mean he dove into Thomas when he was pushed. These guys accuse everyone of diving, they need a physics lesson. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. If you push a player, he will move in the other direction.

EDIT: They just showed the replay. While a penalty should have been called on Briere, I don't think he took a run at Thomas. His back was to him. I doubt he knew exactly where Thomas was.

I'm glad to see that I am not the onyl one sick & tired of listening to this two idiots behind the mic on the Bruins feed. In the last game the color commentator was calling for a penalty shot to be called when Numminen tripped that Bruin before he got to the loose puck at center ice, and kept arguing for a penalty shot, even after acknowledging he never had possession of the puck.

BTW, is anyone else getting sick of them painting Briere as some kind of out-of-control menace? "Typical Briere fashion?"

ok now they're making briere sound like he's dirtier than mcsorley and bertuzzi combined! "briere, in typical fashion, runs the goalie"

"don't get me wrong, briere is a great talent"

um, @$$holes, your team sucks, now stop picking on ours, who ownes your candya$$es!

well, briere did chop the guy's helmet off. I didn't see the push, but if you saw it then it probably happened. They only showed the head chop replay, not the damning one for the MIGHTS boston bruins!

I was talking about the push on the earlier play. They're still crying about it. I am not claiming Briere shouldn't have been called for high sticking. But on the replay it looked like it was accidental. For penalty purposes, it doesn't really matter, but these guys are really crying about it. Now on the breakaway the quote is "Briere mows into Thomas in typical fashion." Give me a break!

I'm glad to see that I am not the onyl one sick & tired of listening to this two idiots behind the mic on the Bruins feed. In the last game the color commentator was calling for a penalty shot to be called when Numminen tripped that Bruin before he got to the loose puck at center ice, and kept arguing for a penalty shot, even after acknowledging he never had possession of the puck.

Anyone else getting sick of them painting Briere as some kind of out-of-control menace? "Typical Briere fashion?"

I think they were right about that Brierre stick on Thomas. That probably should have been 4 min to Briere and 2 to Boynton, but nonetheless this guys have been AWFUL.

I did just catch that "typical Brierre" fashion - like Danny is known league-wide as a guy that runs goalies! Why would someone run a goalie on a breakway! Being the home announcers is one thing, but these guys are atrocious! I also got the intermission analysis and they did not like the holding call that made it 4-3 for a few seconds; yet, Jay McKee got called for just an awful of hold call in the same period.

I think i'm going to call directv and complain about these clowns... I recommend anyone else who has center ice through directv do the same. Complain about NESN, pimp msg, complain that the viewers do not get to choose the feed of their choice, and demand some credit!

I think i'm going to call directv and complain about these clowns... I recommend anyone else who has center ice through directv do the same. Complain about NESN, pimp msg, complain that the viewers do not get to choose the feed of their choice, and demand some credit!

Not a bad idea. I, for one, wouldn't mind paying a little extra for the Center Ice package if we could get only the MSG feeds all year long.

the bruins lose a "heartbreaker" in buffalo

in other news, the Sabres came back from 1-0 and 2-1 to beat a desperate bruins team. Solid game

Ya know, it sure felt great saying, how about them Bruins today to the guy who made fun of my kids in their Bills outfits. Tomorrow, I won't have to say anything. A smile will do... ^_^

the bruins lose a "heartbreaker" in buffalo

in other news, the Sabres came back from 1-0 and 2-1 to beat a desperate bruins team. Solid game

Nice little stretch of taking care of business. 3 wins within the division in less than a week. Keep it going Swordsmen!!!!!!!!

It was a close game, but one that made me feel like it should have been 6-1 Sabres instead of 3-2. They were hitting, had a ton of scoring chances, played solid in their own end and came out with a W.

PS Jochen Hecht is quietly up to 17 goals on his way to a very solid season. Speaking of unsung heros, I think he fits the bill for the current team.

PS2 Fitzpatrick is getting a bit of a bad rap here. He is a +2 since 1/1. I am not saying he is a top 4 blueliner, but I don't mind him as a number 6 or 7. His play in his own zone is better than Cambell, but a lot of people want to overlook this because of Campbell's PP contributions.

GO SABRES!!