Anyone ever attend a game in Montreal?

Thanks spndnchz!

I hope everybody is having a great summer!

Can't wait for the season to start though. I know we havent improved at all but the off-season is not over yet. Our core players are entering their prime years. Who knows, with a big year from Pominville, Roy, Vanek, Miller and a healthy Connolly and Rivet we could surprise a few.

Okay, these are great responses! Just the drive there would be nice. Not for the kids, of course.

Depending on where you're coming from, the drive through the Adirondacks is really spectacular. (of course, if you're coming from WNY, it's an extra 50 miles or so, so probably not worth it).

Depending on where you're coming from, the drive through the Adirondacks is really spectacular. (of course, if you're coming from WNY, it's an extra 50 miles or so, so probably not worth it).

That's absolutely the way we'd go. We'd cut across to Syracuse first and visit some friend for a night and then head north. That's the part I would be really looking forward to.

That's absolutely the way we'd go. We'd cut across to Syracuse first and visit some friend for a night and then head north. That's the part I would be really looking forward to.

Nice! It's possibly the most beautiful drive I've ever taken. Still a bit of a detour though, but if everyone can handle the extra hour in the car, it's gorgeous.

And by the way, they are not chanting "away away away!" they are chanting "Ole ole ole ole!" as in the british soccer games.

No, I know the oleeeee, ole, ole, oleeee, oooleeee, o-ole song. This was definitely not that. This was not a song or a chant; this was a guy yelling away, away, away at the player with the puck, much like you or I would yell get it out, get it out, get it out!

No, I know the oleeeee, ole, ole, oleeee, oooleeee, o-ole song. This was definitely not that. This was not a song or a chant; this was a guy yelling away, away, away at the player with the puck, much like you or I would yell get it out, get it out, get it out!

I bet inkman yells that all the time... :chris:

Maybe he was brushing up his English for a trip west.

Ah ok, I know what you mean lol

He was saying "awaye"! which is slang for like "move it" or "let's go!" "come on!" "or "hurry". They were cheering, wanting their team to make something happens hehe

Yes I know, us quebecers are weird. But that's why we breed such goalies like Biron or good hockey players period I guess hehe

I bet inkman yells that all the time... :chris:

Why would I want to get it out? I don't get paid until I feel that warm creamy sensation. :ph34r: (too far, even by my standards)

I heard his safe word is ZHITNIK.

You Smehlik like Zhitnik.

He was saying "awaye"! which is slang for like "move it" or "let's go!" "come on!" "or "hurry". They were cheering, wanting their team to make something happens hehe

Yeah, that's the one. :thumbsup:

It was just funny that it was always in threes. I guess we do yell "come on, come on, COME ON!!"

Ooops. Upon further review, I think you are thinking of I-81, which comes out of Syracuse and heads due North, just east of Lake Ontario, to Canada. I was referring to I-87, which cuts through the Adirondack Park Preserve. I've never been on I-81 up there, so I don't know how nice it is.

He has no idea. It's a good possibility that that is what happened though. He did drunk call me though at one point and asked if I was God (I have a super deep voice). Then tried to sell me a bowflex. "Why doesn't God want to buy my bowflex?!"

I have a friend that bought a bowflex one night when he was drunk because he thought it would be a good thing to have. He doesn't remember buying the thing at all and it's where he hangs his laundry.

What's with drunks and the bowflex?

I have a friend that bought a bowflex one night when he was drunk because he thought it would be a good thing to have. He doesn't remember buying the thing at all and it's where he hangs his laundry.

What's with drunks and the bowflex?

I've always wondered ... if the bowflex is better than weights and takes up less space and is cheaper, why doesn't every health club in the world just have 50 Bowflex machines? Just sayin' ...

I've always wondered ... if the bowflex is better than weights and takes up less space and is cheaper, why doesn't every health club in the world just have 50 Bowflex machines? Just sayin' ...

Because (among other reasons) Bowflex machines are consumer quality, not commercial quality. They are built to stand up to a family working out on them several times a week, not for one person after another working out on them every day. They wouldn't hold up to that kind of abuse. Machines that would cost much more. I bought an ergometer (a real fly-wheel rowing machine) that was consumer quality, because it would stand up to my use, but cost 1/3 what a commercial quality one, like those we used for the team at Cornell, would have cost.

Why doesn't every laundry service use Oxyclean? Every contractor use Mighty Putty? Every dermatologist use Proactiv?

My buddy actually took out a loan/setup instalments over the phone when he bought that stupid thing. Imagine the shock when the box showed up.

We're thinking of going away next Easter and thought finding a Sabres game out of town that weekend would be a fun thing to do. Looks like the Sabres are playing in Montreal that weekend. I've never been to Montreal so I'm not sure what we should expect.

Obviously we've been to Toronto and all places this side of Lake Ontario - but French Canada strikes me as being a little more hostile towards outsiders. I have nothing to back that up other than my many years of living around here and hearning this or seeing that.

What do you think? A family of four to Montreal for a Sabres game? Would you do it?

When the boys are a little bigger, that will probably be the preferred destination for an out-of-town game for my family.

Haven't been to the Bell Center, but did take in a game at the Forum.

Montreal is a great city and there are a few hotels that are right on top of the subway, so you don't necessarily need jackets even in December or January. Last time I was there (a LONG time ago), they had no problems w/ Americans but might take issue w/ you if they thought you were English speaking Canadian (back in early '90's).

Archived