Burke is at it again...

2ForTripping

Wouldn't it be great to hear someone say, "There goes Darcy Regier. He's at it again!"

Ah, the siren's song of the active GM in free agency. I can't deny it would make for a more interesting offseason. But how will the pudding taste when it's time to eat? Will the Habs and Rangers fans enjoy theirs any more than last year? How 'bout Ottawa? Very questionable.

Having said that, there better be another move or 2 coming at some point this summer.

Just saw that the Leafs nabbed the "Swedish Monster" to help man the pipes. It is on the TSN page

looks like the NHL is going to investigate Toronto for tampering with the Sedins.

Signing players minutes after the deadline....how does that negotiation process work?

looks like the NHL is going to investigate Toronto for tampering with the Sedins.

Signing players minutes after the deadline....how does that negotiation process work?

In the case of Drury, I always suspected the Rangers got to him during the season. Which might explain his stance once the initial offer was not put officially on the table in the fall. Drury was already a Ranger during that playoff series when he spoke so fondly of Madison Square Garden. No one will ever convince me otherwise. Or nobody.

In the case of Drury, I always suspected the Rangers got to him during the season. Which might explain his stance once the initial offer was not put officially on the table in the fall. Drury was already a Ranger during that playoff series when he spoke so fondly of Madison Square Garden. No one will ever convince me otherwise. Or nobody.

I always liked how when the Rangers were eliminated, Jagr said it looked like he would be playing with Drury next year before he got to the locker room.

Ah, the siren's song of the active GM in free agency. I can't deny it would make for a more interesting offseason. But how will the pudding taste when it's time to eat? Will the Habs and Rangers fans enjoy theirs any more than last year? How 'bout Ottawa? Very questionable.

Having said that, there better be another move or 2 coming at some point this summer.

My comment wasn't necessarily referring to FA. Darcy takes so much off the table, it's maddening. No splash in FA. Few FA signings, period. Won't make a big trade at any time, won't trade in season when things are going well (ruin the chemistry), won't trade in season when things are going badly (players need to look in the mirror), won't make a big move at the deadline (always surprised by the market).

It is interesting and entertaining to be a fan of one of those teams. We cannot say the same. We all end up losing in the end. Who's had the more enjoyable ride?

By all means, continue to enjoy a nice face full of this organization's tapioca. There's a little on your lip.

Tampa's signing of Mathias Ohlund is another under scrutiny: LINK

And here's one writer's take on the whole "tampering" issue. LINK

I agree with you here.

It's hard to think about fans of other teams eating pudding while we here in WNY are eating gruel. It's one thing to be a fan of a team that's active and they miss the playoffs. It's even worse when your team does nothing and misses the playoffs.

It's hard to think about fans of other teams eating pudding while we here in WNY are eating gruel. It's one thing to be a fan of a team that's active and they miss the playoffs. It's even worse when your team does nothing and misses the playoffs.

Atleast those teams took a chance and gave the fans hopes of improving. How many fans in Montreal, Toronto, or Ottawa aren't sitting there today thinking their teams are a little better then last year. In Buffalo we have to sit there and wait for Darcy to rummage through whats left of the FA clearance 'scratch and dent' bin and saying things like "If this player can make the jump into the NHL this year............." or "If this player continues to improve and reaches their potential...................".

Being a fan of the Sabres during the offseason is like being a kid celebrating a welfare christmas. All your friends are running around playing and showing off their cool new toys while Sabres fans are left sitting around wih their hand me downs and new socks wishing they could have the same, but knowing that their parents could afford to get them anything

True, but it's better when your team makes a limited number of calculated, effective moves, improves itself and makes the playoffs, which I think is Darcy's goal. And I for one don't like it at all when your team makes a bunch of splashy moves, talks a big game and then disappears when it's time to play the games (like the Bills did every year with Donahoe as GM).

It's July 7. If we're still waiting for another shoe to drop on September 7, I'll be as PO'd as you are. But it isn't time yet.

Separately: Philly is going to be a load for the foreseeable future. Oh man would I have loved to have gotten Pronger on the Sabres.

True, but it's better when your team makes a limited number of calculated, effective moves, improves itself and makes the playoffs, which I think is Darcy's goal. And I for one don't like it at all when your team makes a bunch of splashy moves, talks a big game and then disappears when it's time to play the games (like the Bills did every year with Donahoe as GM).

It's July 7. If we're still waiting for another shoe to drop on September 7, I'll be as PO'd as you are. But it isn't time yet.

Separately: Philly is going to be a load for the foreseeable future. Oh man would I have loved to have gotten Pronger on the Sabres.

He would be a great mentor for Myers et al...

Say what you want about the Donahoe approach, at least Bills fans felt like they were part of the league. You stated you would have "loved" Pronger on the Sabres. Doesn't it say something that most fans would feel better if they thought the Sabres were just in the conversation? Wouldn't we as Sabre fans feel better if the Sabres weren't automatically eliminated from possibly dealing for 1/3 of the players in the league.

Say what you want about the Donahoe approach, at least Bills fans felt like they were part of the league. You stated you would have "loved" Pronger on the Sabres. Doesn't it say something that most fans would feel better if they thought the Sabres were just in the conversation? Wouldn't we as Sabre fans feel better if the Sabres weren't automatically eliminated from possibly dealing for 1/3 of the players in the league.

I don't know whats scarier the Sabres predictability or me thinking your sounding saner every day.... ;)

Its the goal of every GM. The only difference is that Darcy isn't good enough at his job to achieve this goal. He would rather just tell everyone that he has confidence that his players have more potential and will get better so he does not need to make moves

more like 2/3or maybe even 4/5

Its human nature to rationalise that what they are doing is the right thing because we want to think that its the right way to do it. The thing is, theres a reason why teams throw big money at the top guys, because you have a better chance at success with top level players playing for you then a group of mediocre ones.

Archived