You're Darcy Regier, It's The Offseason...

sabreskings3623

I have no problems contributing to threads of this nature and the OP's plan is a realistic one except for the fact that this is TG/LQ/DR we are talking about. Since the season ended, I've stated something similar to what I am posting below. I expect Teppo to retire, Max, Moore, Spacek(and hopefully Peters) let go into FA. Ellis will be re-signed to the league minimum. Butler will be full time along with some combination of Myers, Weber, Gerbe & Kennedy.

Giving you something like this(substitute Weber for Myers and Gerbe for Kennedy if you want)...

1st and 2nd lines(mix and match) - Roy, Vanek, Stafford, Connolly, Pominville & Hecht

3rd line - Paille, Gaustad & Kennedy

4th line - Kaleta, Mair, MacArthur & Ellis

Defense - Rivet, Butler, Tallinder, Myers, Lydman, Sekera & Paetsch

Goalie - Miller & Lalime

Anything more than this would be a pleasant surprise. Set your expectations low like me and be happy IF they actually decide to make a significant move.

is it possible they will make a significant move to better ensure they make the playoffs next year? doesn't 2 years out really hurt their bottom-line? i thought they really depended on the money from their playoff runs? i thought to "make money you gotta spend money"?

i'm regier, it's the off season, i remain confident the boys will turn it around next year, i talk to no one about the team so there is no way anyone knows what to expect and minimizes the possibility of losing loyal fans(?).

Regier is going to do what he does best. Nothing. He is going to sit back while the other teams in the division get stronger and than have a press conference complaining how the free agent market is out of whack and follow up with the same old excuses.

The Sabre game plan is in place and will remain as status quo is still in place. The Sabres will do as little as possible and try to sell the same overvalued "home grown" talent to the fans.

I agree. Besides, he already re-signed Connolly last year, and per Darcy that was "better than a trade".

I agree. Besides, he already re-signed Connolly last year, and per Darcy that was "better than a trade".

I also think he said Connolly would have been the best (or one of the best) free agent this summer.

It just occurred to me that you probably wouldn't like Craig MacTavish to coach here either.

MacTavish was drunk when he killed that girl. Heatley wasn't. So, which is worse? Being drunk or being stupid? Or being stupid to drink and drive?

Personally, I'm going with Heatley. At least MacTavish went to jail and served time behind bars. It doesn't justify his action, but Heatley never went punished. He is just a whiny hockey player making $7.5 million/year and asks to be traded every 4 years.

MacTavish was drunk when he killed that girl. Heatley wasn't. So, which is worse? Being drunk or being stupid? Or being stupid to drink and drive?

Personally, I'm going with Heatley. At least MacTavish went to jail and served time behind bars. It doesn't justify his action, but Heatley never went punished. He is just a whiny hockey player making $7.5 million/year and asks to be traded every 4 years.

So let me get this straight. It's worse to drive sober, too fast, and kill someone than to drive drunk and kill someone?

Because the guy plays for one of our rivals?

You will never be able to imagine the punishment Heatley has suffered.

So let me get this straight. It's worse to drive sober, too fast, and kill someone than to drive drunk and kill someone?

Because the guy plays for one of our rivals?

You will never be able to imagine the punishment Heatley has suffered.

Making $7.5 million a year and complaining about it after killing someone is punishment? Why have I not suffered this kind of punishment? I haven't even killed anybody, either. Honestly, I couldn't care less whether he played for Ottawa, Atlanta, Los Angeles, or anywhere else. The fact is he killed a man driving wrecklessly and is making $7.5 million a year. He knew what he was doing, whether it was an accident or not or whether it was his friend or not. Call me old fashioned, but I think if you kill a person not in self defense, you should go to jail. The Craig MacTavish and Heatley comparison was kind of a joke, I wasn't actually being too serious about it. Either way, I still don't think a guilty conscience is punishment.

Archived