GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Why do these losers always decide to play hard when the game is all but over? This joke of an NHL hockey team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs, let alone the NHL itself. This team is going absolutely nowhere until TG gets some real advice from a real hockey mind and cleans house with LQ and DR. Two douchebags that have him convinced he doesn't need to spend to win. I still believe half of the Sabres players wouldn't even catch a sniff of the ice if they were on any other team. Thanks for another LOSING season Buffalo Sabres organization. F-YOU!!! :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Why do these losers always decide to play hard when the game is all but over? This joke of an NHL hockey team doesn't deserve to be in the playoffs, let alone the NHL itself. This team is going absolutely nowhere until TG gets some real advice from a real hockey mind and cleans house with LQ and DR. Two douchebags that have him convinced he doesn't need to spend to win. I still believe half of the Sabres players wouldn't even catch a sniff of the ice if they were on any other team. Thanks for another LOSING season Buffalo Sabres organization. F-YOU!!! :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

Here's something I just told my wife: "I have absolutely no interest in watching the Wizard of Oz, oops, I mean the Sabres 82 times next season - let alone once."

We couldn't beat the bottom feeder teams when it really mattered.... did anybody really think we would beat Detroit when it mattered? Oh well, 7 months and we can watch a repeat of this season when the same guys are doing the same things on the same team.

Or not bother wasting anymore of your (not exclusive to you, SIF) time paying any attention to them.

It really is time for a fan revolt against this sorry excuse of a front office. Hit 'em where it hurts them the most: the pocketbook.

so does that officially end the misery?

The Sabres themselves officially ended the season at the trade deadline if you ask me. Nice job front office.

Or not bother wasting anymore of your (not exclusive to you, SIF) time paying any attention to them.

It really is time for a fan revolt against this sorry excuse of a front office. Hit 'em where it hurts them the most: the pocketbook.

It's pretty sad when you think about how passionate our fan base is and how we get zero reward for the support from an owner and gm who obviously don't care and just don't get it when it comes to putting a quality team on the ice. The fans should be insulted.

Wooo....what just happened there with Lindy putting Paille and Mair out there at the end??? :o

Did you watch the first 58 minutes? The Paille-Gaustad-Mair line was the only one that did anything in the offensive zone. Sad state of affairs, though, that those guys played themselves into the play where the season is on the line and Vanek played himself out of it.

Well, Larry and Darcy, I sure hope you're proud of the work you've done for this team, because we sure hope the sun sets on your charade quickly!!!

No kidding. How many more seasons do we have to listen to dipshit Darcy tell us at the trade deadline, after he hasn't done a damn thing to improve the team, tell us...."we like our team makeup, so no we don't feel we need to make a big splash at the deadline". "we may make a few minor adjustments if the deal is right".

It's pretty sad when you think about how passionate our fan base is and how we get zero reward for the support from an owner and gm who obviously don't care and just don't get it when it comes to putting a quality team on the ice. The fans should be insulted.

That's putting it mildly. If the mods let us completely speak our minds in an uncensored fashion, all bets would be off.

EDIT: You are aware that before Darcy came to Buffalo, he came on as the interim GM of the Isles after Don Maloney was fired around 95 or 96, right? That should say something right there.

There is nothing more infuriating than watching a team full of finesse players represent a hard working, blue collar city like Buffalo. At least you can respect guys like Kaleta or Mair who get the most out of their limited talent, but to watch these "skilled" players get pushed around by everyone in the league is nauseating. Everyone could see how soft this team was by mid-season... so "management" picks up ANOTHER 5'10 180 lb. finesse forward at the deadline??? Ugh, I need a drink or two or ten...

Did you watch the first 58 minutes? The Paille-Gaustad-Mair line was the only one that did anything in the offensive zone. Sad state of affairs, though, that those guys played themselves into the play where the season is on the line and Vanek played himself out of it.

Sorry, Carp, but the first period, which definitely was in the first 58 mins, featured the Sabres swarming around Osgood like bees. It was great to watch, and by 15 mins in, the Sabres had 13 SOG. Shame that nothing went in.

38 seasons of loyal support from the smallest NHL market in the U.S., yet 0 Stanley Cups and loads of embarrasment in return. The hockey meccas of Anaheim, Dallas, Tampa Bay, and Carolina have all experienced Stanley Cup victories, with San Jose and Washington DC sure to follow before Buffalo ever does.

It makes me fu_cking sick to my stomach. Fu_ck Larry Quinn. Fu_ck Darcy Regier. And fu_ck Gary Bettman.

There is nothing more infuriating than watching a team full of finesse players represent a hard working, blue collar city like Buffalo. At least you can respect guys like Kaleta or Mair who get the most out of their limited talent, but to watch these "skilled" players get pushed around by everyone in the league is nauseating. Everyone could see how soft this team was by mid-season... so "management" picks up ANOTHER 5'10 180 lb. finesse forward at the deadline??? Ugh, I need a drink or two or ten...

I'd add Goose, Rivet and Butler to that list, too. Hmm, now remind me who was on the ice for the Sabres only goal ...

I proudly wore my Mair jersey tonight.

38 seasons of loyal support from the smallest NHL market in the U.S., yet 0 Stanley Cups and loads of embarrasment in return. The hockey meccas of Anaheim, Dallas, Tampa Bay, and Carolina have all experienced Stanley Cup victories, with San Jose and Washington DC sure to follow before Buffalo ever does.

It makes me fu_cking sick to my stomach. Fu_ck Larry Quinn. Fu_ck Darcy Regier. And fu_ck Gary Bettman.

:worthy: I love your sense of irony :thumbsup:

I'd add Goose, Rivet and Butler to that list, too. Hmm, now remind me who was on the ice for the Sabres only goal ...

I proudly wore my Mair jersey tonight.

After the start to the season Rivet had, he pretty much disappeared to until a few weeks ago. I was quite unimpressed by most of his play all year. I guess playing with and being surrounded by so many pansies will turn you into one yourself.

Had to get Bettman in there! haha

It is quite ridiculous to think that i once lost my voice for 3 and a half days during the 07 playoffs from screaming soo much in the plaza. Only to now refuse to wear Sabres merchandise,or watch the remaining games. I'm tried of this crap with the team. Why should i put forth my faith and heart toward a team that has almost half a roster who wont return the favor?

I'm starting to think that this is what were going to get out of this team and management. There not going after Boumester. There not going to look for a forward like Ryan Malone. There going to bring the kids up from Portland. Thats it. Can they at least bring Mancari up before Gerbe? Maybe in another 2 seasons the core with have the heart to play with some grit and desperation.

Archived