Your Pick for the Stanley Cup

wjag

I'm going to say Philly versus San Jose.

The west is tough to predict.. Philly has one helluva team this year. Danny is now coming on for them too. Boston has front runner-itis to overcome.. They'll be sweating all they way through the playoffs. Philly has 6 20-goal scorers, 3 quality lines and Biron is getting hot. Is it wrong to like the Philly team? They sure remind me of the Sabres a couple of years back plus they have the D.

The west is tough to predict.. Philly has one helluva team this year. Danny is now coming on for them too. Boston has front runner-itis to overcome.. They'll be sweating all they way through the playoffs. Philly has 6 20-goal scorers, 3 quality lines and Biron is getting hot. Is it wrong to like the Philly team? They sure remind me of the Sabres a couple of years back plus they have the D.

Another Ho-Hum series if Sabres arent playing IMO. Im gonna go way out there and pick a Detroit vs. Washington Cup..and surprise Detriot wins in 5 games, the fifth game a 7-6 overtime thriller with Franzen getting game winner. Alex O has a sick playoff, and gets Washington to the Cup, ala Pittsburgh last year, and Detroit, well they buy their cups, but not undeserved.

Might be the two best teams in the east playing right now in Philly. Jersey and Flyers locked in a really good game. I don't know which of them is better, but I like the Flyer team a lot. Jersey has the better goaltending and that will probably be decisive in a series, IMO

Might be the two best teams in the east playing right now in Philly. Jersey and Flyers locked in a really good game. I don't know which of them is better, but I like the Flyer team a lot. Jersey has the better goaltending and that will probably be decisive in a series, IMO

I'm with you on the Flyers. It's really amazing what they've done in 2 years, only if they had the goaltending situation figured out. Marty has a tendency to get very hot, and that's what will need to happen for the Flyers to make it to the finals. Otherwise the makeup of their forwards and defense is almost second to none.

As for the West it really could be a crapshoot. Detroit has all the talent in the world, but Osgood has been Nogood for most of the year. I have to take a look at a hard hitting team, with solid leadership, scoring and a playoff proven goaltender. That team? The Calgary Flames. I just can't put any faith in the Sharks when they're headed up by Joe Thornton, it just seems like he grips the stick way too tight during the playoffs.

If the Sabres don't make it this year, I'll adopt the Chicago Blackhawks though. As little as I've seen of them, I still think they're one of the more entertaining teams in the league. Just please let the Devils lose out in the first round so I don't have to watch those snoozers.

Detroit wins it, but if not, watch out for the Canucks. Luongo had 2 months of rest this year and is rounding into serious form. He'd be fresher than ever and the team is the hottest in hockey at 16-3-1 over their last 20.

Calgary over NJ in seven games. Brodeur vs. Kipper. You heard it here first.

Calgary wins it over NJ in 7. I like what Calgary has done. I'd like Washington in the East if were not for their goaltending, way too unpredictable.

Great minds think alike. :worthy:

Calgary wins it over NJ in 7. I like what Calgary has done. I'd like Washington in the East if it were not for their goaltending, way too unpredictable.

I know I'm up against a general consensus here, but I am going to go with the Caps in the East, so long as they stay healthy.

For the SCFs, I'm going with Flames vs. Caps, but the Flames will win in 6. Calgary went on a spending spree at the trade deadline, and from what I've heard, Olli Jokinen may be the piece that they've been missing.

The same Flames who got lit up for 8 goals against Toronto a week ago?

The Flames may see their division title slip away if not careful. They are terrible on the road as well. Not a hope for them. Besides, Kipper is already showing signs of exhaustion.

I am rooting for Jersey in the East, as they are the only team of which I know zero fans. Whats the German word..shefenude.. or something like that. If my team sucks, I want all my freinds/associates teams to suck as well. Are there any Devils fans??? Does anybody actually really know someone who roots for the Devils?

I am rooting for Jersey in the East, as they are the only team of which I know zero fans. Whats the German word..shefenude.. or something like that. If my team sucks, I want all my freinds/associates teams to suck as well. Are there any Devils fans??? Does anybody actually really know someone who roots for the Devils?

Schadenfreude ist die sch?nste Freude.

Detroit over Philly in a great six-game series.

What about that guy from Seinfeld?

post-1072-1237905561_thumbpng

Anyone but Philly. Anyone who roots for those bastards is dead to me. Dead to me, I say.

Just want to make it clear that under no circumstances am I rooting for Philly to reach the finals. It's just what I think will happen.

I doubt Philly are going far as long as Marty and Nittymaki are their goaltenders.

Osgood, Fleury, Giguere, Emery, Ward, and Roloson, since the lockout. Not exactly Hasek, Roy, and Brodeur, you know?

You really don't think Biron can get to the finals, the way his team is playing?

Osgood, Fleury, Giguere, Emery, Ward, and Roloson, since the lockout. Not exactly Hasek, Roy, and Brodeur, you know?

You really don't think Biron can get to the finals, the way his team is playing?

No I don't think Biron can go to the finals, simply because I believe it takes top notch goaltending to get there, no matter how good the team in front of you is. Marty could of course hit one of his streaks, but he's going to need to, in order for them to even make the ECF.

Boston are good this year, and the Devils lit up the conference quite well wthout Brodeur, who for once won't go into the playoffs with 70+ games under his belt, meaning he'll likely be fresh.

Devils play their yawn-fest, sure, but it's usually damn effective when Brodeur is on his game.

Boston I believe has better options in goal as well.

Barring Emery, I would take any of those goalies that made the finals over Marty and Nittymaki, any day. Their usual level of play just isn't up there, and they keep fighting for the starter position. Not because one of them comes in and plays really well, but because the other plays really poorly.

While I believe competition for any spot is a healthy thing, that's not quite the way I would prefer the position to shift hands.

Actually, shouldn't it be Conklin rather than Roloson as he went down in game 1 or 2, and Conklin played the majority of the series for Edmonton?

But I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again, so who knows?

No I don't think Biron can go to the finals, simply because I believe it takes top notch goaltending to get there, no matter how good the team in front of you is. Marty could of course hit one of his streaks, but he's going to need to, in order for them to even make the ECF.

Boston are good this year, and the Devils lit up the conference quite well wthout Brodeur, who for once won't go into the playoffs with 70+ games under his belt, meaning he'll likely be fresh.

Devils play their yawn-fest, sure, but it's usually damn effective when Brodeur is on his game.

Boston I believe has better options in goal as well.

Barring Emery, I would take any of those goalies that made the finals over Marty and Nittymaki, any day. Their usual level of play just isn't up there, and they keep fighting for the starter position. Not because one of them comes in and plays really well, but because the other plays really poorly.

While I believe competition for any spot is a healthy thing, that's not quite the way I would prefer the position to shift hands.

Actually, shouldn't it be Conklin rather than Roloson as he went down in game 1 or 2, and Conklin played the majority of the series for Edmonton?

But I've been wrong before, and I'll be wrong again, so who knows?

I was going with who got the team there, so that's why I had Roloson in, but my point is the same either way (and so is yours). It will be interesting to see what happens along the way; if the Sabres don't make it, I'd really like to see what a Boston-Philly series (whatever round) looks like. That will be some good hockey.

I was going with who got the team there, so that's why I had Roloson in, but my point is the same either way (and so is yours). It will be interesting to see what happens along the way; if the Sabres don't make it, I'd really like to see what a Boston-Philly series (whatever round) looks like. That will be some good hockey.

Yup, I'd like to see the DivingCanes get knocked out early too.

Archived