Your Pick for the Stanley Cup

wjag

Guest Sloth
I think Detroit's goaltending will get exposed.

Sharks-Devils with the Sharks winning in six.

I'm glad somebody finally said that. Detroit has some serious goaltending issues. Conklin plays on top of his head at home, but he is terrible on the road. Osgood has simply been Osbad this year.

Detroit may be a high scoring team, but they are also a team that gives up a lot of goals. That just doesn't cut in the playoffs. Detroit will not make it to the cup. San Jose can light the lamp just as often as Detroit does and the Sharks have stellar goaltending. In the west, it's going to be San Jose or Calgary. From the East, it'll be New Jersey. Philly's goaltending is far too streaky.

I'm going to say Philly versus San Jose.

The west is tough to predict.. Philly has one helluva team this year. Danny is now coming on for them too. Boston has front runner-itis to overcome.. They'll be sweating all they way through the playoffs. Philly has 6 20-goal scorers, 3 quality lines and Biron is getting hot. Is it wrong to like the Philly team? They sure remind me of the Sabres a couple of years back plus they have the D.

i am going with the blackhawks just bc i put money on them in the start of the season to win the cup...come on campbell, kane, shape lets go...only if buffalo doesnt make it.

• 1 month later...
I'm with you on the Flyers. It's really amazing what they've done in 2 years, only if they had the goaltending situation figured out. Marty has a tendency to get very hot, and that's what will need to happen for the Flyers to make it to the finals. Otherwise the makeup of their forwards and defense is almost second to none.

As for the West it really could be a crapshoot. Detroit has all the talent in the world, but Osgood has been Nogood for most of the year. I have to take a look at a hard hitting team, with solid leadership, scoring and a playoff proven goaltender. That team? The Calgary Flames. I just can't put any faith in the Sharks when they're headed up by Joe Thornton, it just seems like he grips the stick way too tight during the playoffs.

If the Sabres don't make it this year, I'll adopt the Chicago Blackhawks though. As little as I've seen of them, I still think they're one of the more entertaining teams in the league. Just please let the Devils lose out in the first round so I don't have to watch those snoozers.

I suck.

I think Detroit's goaltending will get exposed.

Sharks-Devils with the Sharks winning in six.

d'Oh!

The one thing I wanted to say about the Sharks is that their problems seem to be related to the Sabres.

They seem to be a more successful regular-season version of the Sabres. But when playoff time comes and

when push comes to shove and their character gets challenged, they die. Too many softies.

I'm going to say Philly versus San Jose.

The west is tough to predict.. Philly has one helluva team this year. Danny is now coming on for them too. Boston has front runner-itis to overcome.. They'll be sweating all they way through the playoffs. Philly has 6 20-goal scorers, 3 quality lines and Biron is getting hot. Is it wrong to like the Philly team? They sure remind me of the Sabres a couple of years back plus they have the D.

Exactly why I don't bet on sports.. Amazing, both my teams out in the first round.

I'm with you on the Flyers. It's really amazing what they've done in 2 years, only if they had the goaltending situation figured out. Marty has a tendency to get very hot, and that's what will need to happen for the Flyers to make it to the finals. Otherwise the makeup of their forwards and defense is almost second to none.

As for the West it really could be a crapshoot. Detroit has all the talent in the world, but Osgood has been Nogood for most of the year. I have to take a look at a hard hitting team, with solid leadership, scoring and a playoff proven goaltender. That team? The Calgary Flames. I just can't put any faith in the Sharks when they're headed up by Joe Thornton, it just seems like he grips the stick way too tight during the playoffs.

If the Sabres don't make it this year, I'll adopt the Chicago Blackhawks though. As little as I've seen of them, I still think they're one of the more entertaining teams in the league. Just please let the Devils lose out in the first round so I don't have to watch those snoozers.

at least this happened... :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived