Trade Deadline Moves

wonderbread

Take a look at that list of players put on waivers today. Is Afinogenov better than ANY of those players? I would rather have almost all of those players than Max on this team. You've got to figure--if guys that have actually produced more than 2 goals are being cut, what the heck could Darcy possibly get for Max?

It either proves that 1) Max does have SOME value after all, 2) The Sabres do plan to include Max in the lineup for the rest of the year, or 3) Darcy is just insane thinking he can get something for this player that 30 clubs don't want on their roster.

McKenzie reporting Vermette for Pascal LeClaire. Probably takes Connolly off the table for Columbus.

Edit: Columbus also added a Second Round Pick to Ottawa in the deal. The official deal is Vermette to Columbus for LeClaire and a 2nd Round pick going to Ottawa.

Surprisingly, Vermette was one of the few Senators that I actually liked. Well, "liked" is probably a little strong-- more like one of the few I didn't HATE. I think he's a good player and I hope he does well in Columbus.

But my first impression is that Ottawa won this deal bad... LeClaire has shown a lot of promise.

Surprisingly, Vermette was one of the few Senators that I actually liked. Well, "liked" is probably a little strong-- more like one of the few I didn't HATE. I think he's a good player and I hope he does well in Columbus.

But my first impression is that Ottawa won this deal bad... LeClaire has shown a lot of promise.

THat was my thought too.

Last year was his first standout year, and that was playing behind the Jackets' trap. Before that he struggled a lot, so I'm gonna wait and see how he does on a team that doesn't trap and play defense first.

Archived