4 players I could live without

Grinder42

Ok, everyone complains about Max. However, how about these guys we could unload for a bag of pucks

# Pos Player GP G A P +/- PIM PP SH GW S S% Salary Cap

20 L Daniel Paille 51 5 10 15 -7 18 0 0 0 50 10.0 0 .9 Million

41 L Clarke MacArthur 54 12 12 24 -7 38 5 0 0 75 16.0 0.522 Million

55 C Jochen Hecht 44 6 11 17 -10 27 2 1 1 99 6.1 3.8 Million

44 D Andrej Sekera 44 1 12 13 -10 12 1 0 0 54 1.9 .659 Milion

61 R Maxim Afinogenov 34 2 10 12 -14 12 0 0 0 64 3.1 3.5 Million

Pat Lailime This guy cannot control a rebound to save his life

MacArthur was red hot to start but after being burried on the 3rd line he has disappeared.

Paille, has this uy ever taken a shot in front of the net....he tries to score form bad angles all the time.

Sekera......Bad decisions one after another....reminds me of Kalinin....afraid to throw a check! Mr. Poke check and out of position contantly.....I am not sure who is worse....Sekera or Weber?

Max.....dead horse

Hecht couldn't score into an open net with no opposing players on the ice! (BUM!)

Gerbe needs to towers playing with him or he will get killed out there!

Poor effort against the Canes...I hope this team Wakes up the next 3 games!

Fip Side...... Players to build on Stafford,Vanek,Roy, Butler,Kaletta,Miller, and Pominville (with his old stick!)

Teppo please retire!

I agree with most of what you said, except I think Sekera has a good hockey sense. He plays a pretty good game considering he's still pretty new to all this.

I have no doubt Teppo will retire after this season, and as much as I love him, he should

Lalime is fine, get off him.

Gerbe holds his own too. He doesn't need protection when he's throwing hits like he does. Kid wants to play.

Players to build on? Stafford? No. Pominville? Right now, definitely no. The rest of em are good in my book though.

Ok, everyone complains about Max. However, how about these guys we could unload for a bag of pucks

MacArthur was red hot to start but after being burried on the 3rd line he has disappeared.

Paille, has this uy ever taken a shot in front of the net....he tries to score form bad angles all the time.

Sekera......Bad decisions one after another....reminds me of Kalinin....afraid to throw a check! Mr. Poke check and out of position contantly.....I am not sure who is worse....Sekera or Weber?

Max.....dead horse

Hecht couldn't score into an open net with no opposing players on the ice! (BUM!)

Fip Side...... Players to build on Stafford,Vanek,Roy, Butler,Kaletta,Miller, and Pominville (with his old stick!)

Teppo please retire!

Can we add Kotalik to this mass? I haven't seen him play with any consistent enthusiasm since he put up 25 goals in 05-06. His regulation time play just screams: "Is it time for the shootout"?!? I honestly felt like he should be kept for his SO ability alone, but the more I see Pominville and Roy on the SO the more I want us to send Kotalik packing. I had heard that Ales took the Novotny trade real hard when we got Zubrus in 2007 because they were good friends and countrymen. The whole thing reminds me of The Police song "so lonely" but maybe we can ship him out to Columbus for something decent.

Max.....dead horse

Teppo please retire!

Ok i can see where youre coming from. But sekera? he leads the team in ice time? hes a baby nhl dman and leads the team in ice??? and youd get rid of him?

I am not a fan of Sekera,but he is a pretty good puck moving dman for how young he is. His softness is what bothers me the move about him. Like the topic starter describes,"mr, pokecheck."

I was a big supporter of Paille until about a month ago. What happened to him? I thought he would mature into a solid defensive grinder who could be used as a power forward occasionally.

Mc Carthur looked like he would become a younger form of Jochen Hecht (a la Hecht from 05 to 07). But man,hes really lost his game. He makes very poor decisions in the offesnsive zone.

Kotalik has been a joke since about Feburary 2006. Yet he stays on the team.

Pominville is a victim of the BIG contract bug. Hes not going anywhere as Regier will hope for him to rebound next season.

Hecht is on the verge of being expendable in my view. Once he was a solid 2 way forward who could put up 50 to 60 points a year,now a minus 10.

Tallinders been garbage since about November 06. Yet he stays on the team.

Max is...well he had a good year in 05/06,thenn aaaahhhh. He played great on the 3rd line on a team that was ALL OFFENSe in 06/07. Then he a bad year with injuries and now :death:

Max.....dead horse

Teppo please retire!

So it's actually six guys you could live without.

Hecht and Kotalik are so bad right now that literally EVERY time either one gets near the puck I expect a sloppy play/ turnover, and almost always , that's what happens. Hecht couldn't hit an empty net, and Kotalik makes exactly the wrong play/pass every single time he handles the puck. Last night, the first goal was off a Hecht giveaway, and the second off a lazy "backcheck" by Alice. I can't take watching these 2 clowns anymore. And Lindy had Hecht on the #1 PP against the Sharks! Are you kidding me?!?! Max hasn't played all year, give it a rest on him. And Sekera is our BEST D man, not our worst. Stafford is for sure worth keeping, and MacArthur has upside, IMO. Roy is terribly lazy on the backcheck, but talented, and what in God's name has happened to Pomminstein? I think having to play w/ Hecht may be what's killing Pommer.....

I disagree. Lydman has been our best blueliner ALL season, as for 29 & 55. They are a complete waste of ice time. 29 must be suffering from "Fatcontractitis"

Agree on Lydman. He has had a great season.

I also think Sekera is a keeper.

Pomminstein needs to show up sometime before the season is out. No excuse for him to be invisible.

Why Jason? He hasn't proven a damn thing to me.

I am going to defend Pominville here. First, I don't think the big contract is the issue since it doesn't kick in until next season. Second, he has been very consistent in his career until this year. He is struggling through some things right now (I feel it's tied to not getting the 'C'). Now is not the time give up on him. He started off as the classic over achiever. Too slow for the NHL and was even exposed to waivers right before he broke through. 79 goals and 178 points over his first three seasons has been a huge find for the Sabres. Now that the Sabres have extended him and he has the big contract his 13 goals and 44 points aren't enough. I do understand that. I think I've seen enough over the first 279 games that I am willing to let him work through what ever is bothering him. In the end the franchise will be better for it. I feel Pominville is a legit 30 goal score with a developing defensive game. All that said, if his current game continues through the end of this season into next I may not be as willing to allow more time.

not a bad post. i disagree about afinogenov. he is a game changer and his speed will open up things for the rest of the club.

hecht is the worst $4mm hockey player in the history of the national league. a spineless player slow as molasses who needs to be sent packing on March 4th without fail.

paille only looks good in his uniform. broad shoulders, hell of a resume, canadian junior hero, good canadian kid. but damn, he is one of the most boring players i have ever seen -- in any professional sport. when you assemble a club, you want your players personalities to come forward and shine. he simply goes up and down the wing and lets weak snap shots go from bad angles -- every game. no hitting, no driving the net, no passion, no words, no facial expresssions, no pain, no guts, no tears, no blood, nothing. this is a nice guy who needs to be shipped out to vancouver or LA on march 4th. he is just too robotic - with no production (which is what a robot is supposed to do with ease).

TEMPO -- he is done. he is taking huge hits lately b/k he cant skate anymore. he is beat defensively. ERIC STAAL went around him last night as if tempo was a cigar shop indian. he is done. paetch should be in there for him.

butler -- is going to be dead tired by playoff time if ruff keeps playing him so much. he played about 30+ games the past few season in college. his will run out of gas soon. ruff is overworking his 2nd best defender.

I am going to defend Pominville here. First, I don't think the big contract is the issue since it doesn't kick in until next season. Second, he has been very consistent in his career until this year. He is struggling through some things right now (I feel it's tied to not getting the 'C'). Now is not the time give up on him. He started off as the classic over achiever. Too slow for the NHL and was even exposed to waivers right before he broke through. 79 goals and 178 points over his first three seasons has been a huge find for the Sabres. Now that the Sabres have extended him and he has the big contract his 13 goals and 44 points aren't enough. I do understand that. I think I've seen enough over the first 279 games that I am willing to let him work through what ever is bothering him. In the end the franchise will be better for it. I feel Pominville is a legit 30 goal score with a developing defensive game. All that said, if his current game continues through the end of this season into next I may not be as willing to allow more time.

I agree, and even during the drought where he wasn't scoring he was getting a lot of assists...

not a bad post. i disagree about afinogenov. he is a game changer and his speed will open up things for the rest of the club.

No offense to you, but I am so sick and tired of hearing this stuff about Max. Frankly I find it to be an unadulterated pile of bullschitt. Max is not a game changer, unless you consider his ability to turn the puck over and take dumb penalties en route to killing the Sabres "game changing." His "speed opens space for the rest of the team" stuff is a joke. Teams have figured out that if you keep him to the outside he will turn the puck over or flip a harmless shot at the net.

BTW, who is TEMPO?

There are a handful of players in the league that can push defenders back off their blue line and make them respect speed. Max has that ability. While he may not score end-to-end rushes, he makes defenses respect his penetrating style -- shifts for other guys are made easier. Also, on break outs, he keeps defenders on thier heels as he flys up ice with the puck. Look, the sabres have been stagnant on their breakouts -- they are slow. they havnt had too many odd man breaks. max can help that -- with his play -- and when he isnt even on the ice, b/k defenders have to be on the lookout. speed kills. and btw, eveeryone knows max goes to the corner on rushes and looses the puck, that is NOT the point.

Teppo Numminen is a defender for the Buffalo Sabres.

No offense to you, but I am so sick and tired of hearing this stuff about Max. Frankly I find it to be an unadulterated pile of bullschitt. Max is not a game changer, unless you consider his ability to turn the puck over and take dumb penalties en route to killing the Sabres "game changing." His "speed opens space for the rest of the team" stuff is a joke. Teams have figured out that if you keep him to the outside he will turn the puck over or flip a harmless shot at the net.

BTW, who is TEMPO?

Archived