[Game Day] Sabres @ Bruins 7:00PM

SabresBeat

Tallinder just took the smartest penalty I've seen in the NHL this year.

emphasis of a penalty? holy crap, they've opened the "intentional vs. unintentional" pandora's box.. say goodbye to our cup chances vs [insert large market team here]

If you mean Gill's clear that went into the stands, I think the refs ruled it went off of a Buffalo stick (that's why the faceoff came out of the zone).

I wonder if Biron should be traded too but I think he is too valuable to be sitting. What I really love is that I just saw Miller come out to the goal crease just after the game ended to congratulate Biron. What team chemistry. Just unbelieveable. I am almost afraid to trade anyone at this point and alter the chemistry.

I wonder if Biron should be traded too but I think he is too valuable to be sitting. What I really love is that I just saw Miller come out to the goal crease just after the game ended to congratulate Biron. What team chemistry. Just unbelieveable. I am almost afraid to trade anyone at this point and alter the chemistry.

Biron always does the same when Miller wins, too. I'm convinced: no big trades.

if you're watching the nesn channel, tanabe gets the 1st star, raycroft gets the 2nd for not letting in 4 goals, and wayne primeau gets the 3rd for moving from a terrible sabres team to the greatest team in all the land, the boston bruins. YAY FAT GUY JUMPING ON MATRESS!

If i had one complaint on centre ice, its the crapshoot on the local broadcast feeds. there should be a subscriber voting section in the website to decide which feed to show. RJ would be on for 75 games!

With that said, biron really bailed out the sabres tonight. They were obviously tired, and the two early goals were due to the sabres sleepwalking. Hecht's goal on the increadible pass by briere got them rolling again. Speaking of briere, he's definitely making up for lost time. 1 goal and 2 assists tonight, along with his point(s) last night, and we have ourselves a clutch playmaker that reminds me a lot of lafontaine.

I wish that maxim afinogenov would learn to play team hockey every now and then. His fancy little moves gets him the goals every now and then, but more often than not, it leads to a busted play or a turnover. He's been playing for like 5 years now... time to step up or ship out. Regier proved that he doesn't like the selfish, streaky player when he dumped satan this summer.

Another note... I have never seen a team play such a bend-but-don't-break style of defense and rely on blocking shots... Sure, the 90's sabres had no defense, relying on a certain halfway decent yet quirky goalie... I still have visions of subbing out doug bodger for grant ledyard in nhl 94 just because ledyard had 53 speed compared to bodger's 49. I'm fully confident that between miller/biron, plus the defense laying down the body, that the sabres will do well.

Get some rest. tuesday is coming sooner than later and boston will probably be pissed.

I disagree, I think we all just watched Marty's last game as a Buffalo Sabre.

Oh, you may well be right--I meant that I'm convinced that I don't WANT to trade, not that it won't happen. I STILL don't own the team yet. Grrr.

I disagree, I think we all just watched Marty's last game as a Buffalo Sabre.

I think that noronen will be the odd goalie out, sent away for draft picks. Regier will not pull the trigger on a biron deal, unless a desperate team tries to over pay. Tonight's game convinced me that biron is needed as an insurance policy for the playoff run.

If biron is traded, look for a huge return on the guy. Regier WILL NOT get rid of biron simply because he can get rid of biron.

If biron is traded, look for a huge return on the guy. Regier WILL NOT get rid of biron simply because he can get rid of biron.

Oh, I agree. It won't be a dump salery move, but at the same time, you can only play one goalie at a time. I wouldn't be surprised if the other team gets the better of the deal but the Sabres end up better as a team with a defenseman who contributes every night

Are any of you watching The Shootout? Not sure if I like Ray showing so much joy at his former teammate's lack of success on the island, or if I like Roby's open contempt for Toronto. Fine if we're doing it here, but these guys are supposed to be journalists, right? And didn't Ray stick up for Miro once or twice on the rink?

Are any of you watching The Shootout? Not sure if I like Ray showing so much joy at his former teammate's lack of success on the island, or if I like Roby's open contempt for Toronto. Fine if we're doing it here, but these guys are supposed to be journalists, right? And didn't Ray stick up for Miro once or twice on the rink?

They are not journalists, they are sports talk show hosts. Big difference.

As for Ray sticking up for Miro in the past, well that was his job. I know a lot of people that work real hard for bosses they don't like and with coworkers they don't like. That Robbie doesn't like Miro doesn't surprise me in the least. Whether to play Miro or Ronan was one of the several issues that Nolan and Muckler could not agree upon. Also, it seems that a LOT of the Sabres had issues with playing with Miro.

They are not journalists, they are sports talk show hosts. Big difference.

As for Ray sticking up for Miro in the past, well that was his job. I know a lot of people that work real hard for bosses they don't like and with coworkers they don't like. That Robbie doesn't like Miro doesn't surprise me in the least. Whether to play Miro or Ronan was one of the several issues that Nolan and Muckler could not agree upon. Also, it seems that a LOT of the Sabres had issues with playing with Miro.

Fair point on the difference between journalists and sports talk hosts. Don't know if you watched the exchange I saw, but it was...unseemly.

if you're watching the nesn channel, tanabe gets the 1st star, raycroft gets the 2nd for not letting in 4 goals, and wayne primeau gets the 3rd for moving from a terrible sabres team to the greatest team in all the land, the boston bruins. YAY FAT GUY JUMPING ON MATRESS!

That was my favorite part about their telecast...

Those announcers suck. I've said it before I'll say it again. RJJL. FOR LIFE.

I wish that maxim afinogenov would learn to play team hockey every now and then. His fancy little moves gets him the goals every now and then, but more often than not, it leads to a busted play or a turnover. He's been playing for like 5 years now... time to step up or ship out. Regier proved that he doesn't like the selfish, streaky player when he dumped satan this summer.

Corp, i disagree... i am too lazy to look up where he stands amongst sabres but i am pretty sure he is in the top 60 in the NHL with 31 assists... he has to be close to the lead for the sabres.... and he had three last night... I think he is coming into his own and getting better each month of the season. Everyone is prone to turnovers now and again but i think his play has dramatically improved

I still have visions of subbing out doug bodger for grant ledyard in nhl 94 just because ledyard had 53 speed compared to bodger's 49.

Ahhh...the memories. Here is the lineup I would use:

(I would immediately start the season by trading Andreychuk and Bodger, the two slowest players in the history of EA NHL gaming, I would land Bure because for whatever reason the game would let me)

1st line: Mogilny, Lafontaine, Bure (this line was good for 500-600 points a season)

2nd line: Wood, Hawerchuk, Khmylev (Randy Wood was good for some reason)

3rd line: Errey, Sweeney, Audette (Speedy line, Errey was a midseason trade)

4th line: May, Hannan, Pressley (Two speedsters with a goon, awesome)

1st D pair: Smehlik, Svoboda (both players rated in the 80's :blink: )

2nd D pair: Ledyard, Moller (Moller was my unsung hero)

3rd D pair: Carney, Boucher (they were kids but their speed/offense was a plus)

The left overs from this bunch included Ray, Corkum, Donnelly(Gord),Patterson and maybe a couple of others. These palyers might have been the slowest collection of players in the game. I'm not sure any of them was rated above 50. I shudder thinking about rushing the puck with Gord Donnelly whose speed topped out at 30 something. You might get two strides before an opposing player would demolish you and take the puck in for a breakaway. I think I'm tearing up... :blush:

Corp, i disagree... i am too lazy to look up where he stands amongst sabres but i am pretty sure he is in the top 60 in the NHL with 31 assists... he has to be close to the lead for the sabres.... and he had three last night... I think he is coming into his own and getting better each month of the season. Everyone is prone to turnovers now and again but i think his play has dramatically improved

Right on, Grimfandango. Max has really stepped up his game and is now leading the team in scoring (and assists, tied with Numminen). I'd also say that Lindy values him more than before, based on Lindy's comments that I've heard and on ice time -- Max gets about 16-17 minutes every night. If you factor in the fact that he doesn't kill penalties EVER (although I wouldn't mind seeing him get a shot at it b/c I think there is a lot of potential for breakaways), he's among the team leaders and generally gets more ice time than Vanek, Pominville and Kotalik.