Spaeck and Hech Return

tom webster

Hopefully, Max and Hank will return in time to be traded. If not (or if there isn't a buyer, which is likely for Max), I'd be fine with waiving Max and sending Weber back down. Not sure what they'd do to get down to 23, since Butler shouldn't be going anywhere.

I'd sit Alice, although he is super in the shootouts. Paille had a good year last year, now- nothing. And at the risk of ragging on Hecht in EVERY thread, he has been God-awful all year. It's really strange to see players go from looking really good to looking frankly unskilled in such a short time. Hank is another example. I distinctly remember a few years ago watching him and thinking "this guy is REALLY good: solid defender, size, shot, the whole pkg." Now, nada-zip-nothin'...What's up w/ that?...

We're making the big assumption that everyone else stays healthy over that same time period. But anyway, with the trade deadline coming up and the roster expansion that goes along with it, they may not have to send anyone down at all (if they still have extra bodies after any possible deals).

When Hecht comes back, I'd sit him. His game just hasn't been that significant this year. I like the guy, but he needs some motivation. He needs to finish the year with 15-20 goals and he just doesn't seem able to get there...

I'd sit Alice, although he is super in the shootouts. Paille had a good year last year, now- nothing. And at the risk of ragging on Hecht in EVERY thread, he has been God-awful all year. It's really strange to see players go from looking really good to looking frankly unskilled in such a short time. Hank is another example. I distinctly remember a few years ago watching him and thinking "this guy is REALLY good: solid defender, size, shot, the whole pkg." Now, nada-zip-nothin'...What's up w/ that?...

No way Kotalik sits. Too much potential on the PP, plays a smart game and like you said, is magic in the shootout.

Hecht has been playing much better last several games before his injury, hopefully he keeps improving. We could definitely use it.

hopefully we just send connolly packing or otherwise slap the IR on him for the resT of the sEASON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you joking? He's been the best Sabre since his return. 8goals, 3assists in last 11 games.

10 goals, 8 assists in 18 games.

It stinks that he keeps getting hurt, but it's worth the risk. He's a fantastic player.

That part was a joke, right?

He doesn't shoot enough, and his passing is god awful at times, but I wouldn't say he isn't a smart player. Plus, sitting him instead of Clarke, Jochen, or Danny would be a crime against the team. As bad as some say Ales is, he's NOT the worst player on the ice.......

Weber and Gragnani will be sent down to Portland.

Butler and Ellis will stay in Buffalo for the rest of the year.

By the time Afinogenov and Tallinder get healthy, I imagine at least 2 more players will be injured or traded. I'd say there's a decent chance Afinogenov and Tallinder are the ones who get traded.

Peters and Paille are the forwards who should sit for tomorrow night's game. Hecht and MacArthur are next if they don't pick up their game quickly. I'd keep Kotalik in for his shootout ability alone; things are too tight in the Eastern Conference, as we are only 5 points behind the 4th seed (Montreal) but only 6 pts ahead of the 10th seed (Schittsburgh). We need all the points we can get!

Weber and Gragnani will be sent down to Portland.

Gragnani has already been sent down.

Butler and Ellis will stay in Buffalo for the rest of the year.

Sure.

By the time Afinogenov and Tallinder get healthy, I imagine at least 2 more players will be injured or traded. I'd say there's a decent chance Afinogenov and Tallinder are the ones who get traded.

How will the Sabres trade them if they aren't healthy.

Hecht and MacArthur are next if they don't pick up their game quickly.

This is Jochen's first game back, he should be benched if his first game sucks?

Sure.

Technically, you can trade injured players so long as they are not on IR or LTIR. Not that the Sabres would do this, but I believe Sekera is not on IR right now, so they theoretically could trade him even though he is injured. I distinctly remember in the 2006-2007 season when the Sabres acquired Zubrus, they traded Jiri Novotny, who at the time of the trade had a high ankle sprain injury and was not playing in any games. But because he was not on IR, they were able to trade him. So, you can technically trade injured players as long as they are not on IR. In the case of Max, who would want him? But, in the case of Tallinder, he has some trade value even if he's injured and since he has another year left on his contract some team might be willing to acquire him as well. We'll see how this plays out, though.

Sure.

He should be benched cause his game just isn't there period.. He's needs some motivation..

He should be benched cause his game just isn't there period.. He's needs some motivation..

Before he has a chance to redeem himself? I think Pominville's struggles can be directly associated with Hecht poor play. Let's hope Jochen can redeem himself and also spur on Jason's game.

His game was really coming back before he got hurt. There is no way Lindy scratches him tonight. It will either be Paille or Mair.

Separately: has anyone heard who is getting scratched on D? If Weber stays up, I assume that he will play and Paetsch will be scratched. I think we would've heard by now if Weber had been sent back down, right?

Archived