Small blurb about Vaneks contract

jwcolour

As long as he's not Miro Satan streaky, I'm cool with it.

Yesrterday, during Schopp and Bulldog's who would you want the Sabres to trade for segment, a caller threw Satan's name out and I thought Bulldog was going to lose it. Can someone explain the mentality of a person who would want that cancer back on the team?

Yesrterday, during Schopp and Bulldog's who would you want the Sabres to trade for segment, a caller threw Satan's name out and I thought Bulldog was going to lose it. Can someone explain the mentality of a person who would want that cancer back on the team?

I'd say it historical revisionism to call Satan a cancer. Am I choosing to block out memories, they are so painful to remember?

Probably a Max fan too :thumbsup:

A floater who thrived on empty nets and was forced out by an ornery Drury because of his lackadaisical attitude?

I think we've been through this before. He didn't "thrive" on empty nets. He scored his share, but, think about it -- what does it say if a player is on the ice in that situation?

When Satan did his classless 'make the call, Darcy' pantomime, he might have well as given the bird to the entire team and told all his teammates to f*ck off. He quit on them. And he was classless enough to do it in public. No coincidence Drury got pissed at him. Satan is the antithesis of Drury and his ethic. I don't care if Satan had averaged 60 goals per since we got rid of him I wouldn't want him back after his childish antics. I can only imagine what he was like behind closed doors.

Revisionist history? Don't think so. Did the Isles keep him? Have the Pens been better with him? Coincidence? Hmm.

GO SABRES!!!

I think we've been through this before. He didn't "thrive" on empty nets. He scored his share, but, think about it -- what does it say if a player is on the ice in that situation?

I've never been one of the "empty net" Satan theorists, but I thought it would spice up the conversation.

Satan was the King of the garbage time goal.......Sabre up 5-1 or 5-2 with 3 minutes left, that was when Satan thrived, he would score the 6th and 7th goals.

Somewhat like last years A-Rod slamming his homeruns when the Yanks were already killing the other team...

Satan was the King of the garbage time goal.......Sabre up 5-1 or 5-2 with 3 minutes left, that was when Satan thrived, he would score the 6th and 7th goals.

I wonder if this stat is kept somewhere ... because while I have ZERO love for Satan and do believe he was soft and a bad influence in the locker room compared to Drury, I don't think it was nearly as bad as you guys are saying when it comes to the garbage goals. How many times did the Sabres even score 7 goals in a game the years before the lockout? When they won, it was 2-1 or 3-2 ... rarely did they blow anyone out.

I wonder if this stat is kept somewhere ... because while I have ZERO love for Satan and do believe he was soft and a bad influence in the locker room compared to Drury, I don't think it was nearly as bad as you guys are saying when it comes to the garbage goals. How many times did the Sabres even score 7 goals in a game the years before the lockout? When they won, it was 2-1 or 3-2 ... rarely did they blow anyone out.

I know Yahoo Sports has situational breakdowns for each player, but until I can find what their definitions of "clutch" and "blowout" are I'm not bothering to figure out those totals. Plus they only go back to 01-02, so that leaves out a large portion of his Sabres career. I'm going through the NHL.com stats page to see if they have stats going further back and with more detail.

I can tell you that Miro scored 13 ENGs seven full seasons with the Sabres, with the most being 3 ENGs in 2001-02. (I threw out his partial season in 96-97 because the NHL.com team stats only goes back to 97-98 and I don't have the time or inclination to see if he scored ENGs when he was with Edmonton for 60+ games or with Buffalo for the final 12.)

My issue with Miro is that it really seemed like every year, he mailed it in a bit more. Talented, good hands and a nice guy (I met him once), but the definition of "floater."

Separately, it was great to see Vanek get off the schneid, although I'd rather see him get 2 vs. the Habs than 3 vs. the Leafs.

I can remember one example and that is the game when he did the famous phone call after he scored, garbage time goal against the leafs and jack ass move by Satan.

Either way.........................I am very glad he is not a Sabre anymore.

Archived