The un-Official Injury Thread

spndnchz

Sounds to me like we should have a who is healthy thread.. Might be a shorter list

Harry said Gerbe had a knee on knee injury in the game last night. Haven't seen anything here.. Is he hurt?

Don't know how badly he was hurt. The penalty it OT was for the guy going for a clear knee-on-knee take down. He was a little slow getting off the ice. I don't know if he will be out or if it just stung a little.

It's even a more depressing thought when you realize that some of the other teams the Sabres are battling are going to make deals to improve their positions. The Sabres improvements have to "come from within." The more I look at the roster the more I feel a huge overhaul is needed. With players like Ellis, Peters, Paestch, Mair, Kaleta, MacArthur and Paille on the roster how can you expect to make the playoffs. Even the players with talent like Max, Kotalik, Hecht and Pominville have greatly disappointed.

I really don't get the dislike for Mair. For a fourth liner and at his salary, he's a bargain. The guy's a gamer and bleeds Sabre blue.

I really don't get the dislike for Mair. For a fourth liner and at his salary, he's a bargain. The guy's a gamer and bleeds Sabre blue.

Agreed. I wish he'd cut down his penalties a little bit, but other than that, I'd like him to stay a Sabre. For his price, he gives you a solid role player (fights, hits, energizes), who can actually kick in a some offensively and fill in above (including centering the third line) effectively when needed. I've always said that skill-wise he could be a third-liner, but happens to have the right attitude/heart to anchor the fourth line.

Maybe we can send Max down to Portland and hope he doesn't clear waivers?

Maybe we can put him on an airplane, tell him he's meeting the team on their next road gama, when the plane lands somewhere in Siberia. He won't know the difference. He'll probably think he's in Calgary.

Tallinder could be back for Saturday Rangers game

Lindy says Max is close to returning to action.

per GR550

So who sits?

I'd say it's between Teppo and Butler.

Make they could alternate sitting these two - Teppo probably needs some rest to stay fresh for the end of the season and it seems like rookie d-men always get burned out at season's end so if Lindy has the luxury of sitting healthy players, those might make the most sense. Seems like Miller is getting played a ton too -hopefully he doesn't wear down like last year.

harrington's blog from practice today ... as "jill" said in the comments section, maybe "strolled" is a positive sign? :unsure:

I hope that is a good sign. I have mentally gone to a place from where two weeks would kill the season to two weeks being a dream scenario. I just don't want to hear anything near a month or more....(crossing fingers tightly)

For those with no linky...

Sabre Edge

The Sabres' practice has just started in HSBC Arena and it's probably going to be a bulletin-filled morning as we await more definitive word on Ryan Miller's ankle injury. Those updates are coming after the workout is done.

What we can tell you for now is this:

1) Thomas Vanek is making his first appearance back with the team since breaking his jaw Feb. 7 in Ottawa. He's skating with a full face shield and wearing a red jersey, reserved in practice for players not year cleared for contact. Getting him back on the ice even in that capacity is a huge first step in his return, as it will allow him to keep some level of fitness going with the jaw still wired shut.

2). As expected, goaltender Jhonas Enroth is here from Portland. The Sabres have yet to officially announce that move but the rookie is going to serve as Patrick Lalime's backup for now.

3). About 10 minutes after practice started, Miller strolled out of the tunnel in sweats and took a seat on the Sabres' bench to watch the proceedings.

Stay tuned.

---Mike Harrington

and by the way, Alfie's back from his fractured jaw already. Full face shield, played 21 minutes and got an assist. TV where are you? Buck up!

After Monday's practice Lindy said that Ryan is out "indefinitely". He is wearing a walking boot sometimes.

He did confirm he does have an ankle sprain. Surprised he didn't just say "lower body".

Looks to me like Lindy wants the press contact lowered down so that the boys can get back to work without thinking all woe is me.

Archived