[OT] There's no hockey till tuesday so...

Corp000085

It may be shallow but I really don't know if I could ever date, let alone marry a blind woman.

:lol:

At least she doesn't have the horror of seeing the Sabres (and in ink's case the BoSox, but not purley for winning reasons) light up the house with a stinker about every other game.

Sometimes I wish I was blind... Then there is RJ announcing the games, which in it's own right leaves you with 20/20 vision!... :wallbash: :wallbash:

;)

St. Joes 1989....

As an add on, who would be the best football or hockey player to have graduated from your school....I think the best we got is Vaughn Parker who played Guard for the San Diego Chargers in the 90's.

Aaron Miller, Class of '89. Had you asked me back when we played together, I'd never have said him, but he did do the best from my 4 years at Frannies.

Campus School (on the Buff. State campus) until the State closed it then Park School '74 (too stupid for Nichols).
Canisius '79.

I'd put the Canisius-St. Joe's football rivalry up against ANY, including TNT.

Dust off the antiques. You guys know how to use a computer? I didn't know the retirement how had internet access. :nana:

Dust off the antiques. You guys know how to use a computer? I didn't know the retirement how had internet access. :nana:

Just wait until PA mentions that he was a part of the class of ought three.

(Or is it aught three? My google search didn't leave me with a good answer on that one)

Hell, you could be the grandson of one of the fogies we have parading around here. Don't feel so bad.

:nana: , Yeah but I'm still as young at heart as any of ya, ya wipper snapper you :rolleyes:.

Doing something I haven't done in 16 years since I left WNY this thursday and going night skiing at seven springs for my 50th Bday and I'll be in the foggy goggle after for a few barley sandwiches.. I'll toast one to all you kids here :beer:

Hope my being honest with my age won't cause any of you posters here to respond any less to my posts athough I have to admit I've seen it happen in real life when people have stereotypes that even they don't realize. Let me just say I'm the same Jacka$$ I was at 20 just a bit more patient that I ever was.

Hope my being honest with my age won't cause any of you posters here to respond any less to my posts athough I have to admit I've seen it happen in real life when people have stereotypes that even they don't realize. Let me just say I'm the same Jacka$$ I was at 20 just a bit more patient that I ever was.

Don't kid yourself, no one paid attention to you before we knew your age. :nana:

Just pulling your leg, R - you're part of the family here. :beer:

:nana: , Yeah but I'm still as young at heart as any of ya, ya wipper snapper you :rolleyes:.

Doing something I haven't done in 16 years since I left WNY this thursday and going night skiing at seven springs for my 50th Bday and I'll be in the foggy goggle after for a few barley sandwiches.. I'll toast one to all you kids here :beer:

Wow, I turned 40 yesterday and I thought I was old. I celebrated by playing hockey. I hate the fact that every year I get older, but the guys I play against stay 20.

Oh yeah, NT '87

It's true...... I believe it was in the Guinness Book of World Records for quite some time.

Considering it's not even the oldest rivalry in western NY, no, it's not true. There are considerably older rivalries that have existed since before North Tonawanda even had a team.

Considering it's not even the oldest rivalry in western NY, no, it's not true. There are considerably older rivalries that have existed since before North Tonawanda even had a team.

I was wondering about that as well, since Wikipedia (while usually unreliable) has a ton of older HS football rivalries listed. This fall's game was the 99th TNT game, according to the Tonawanda News.

99 years is impressive, but if any on that list are accurate it's not close to the record.

Boarded at St Francis HS 76-77, 77-78 school years then graduated Clarence HS 1980. Yo, Harris Hill!

If you took English at Lancaster HS from Mrs Q in the 60's, 70's or 80's (maybe even into the 90's?), that's my mom! Be nice!

You are the first ever person that I've heard from that actually boarded at St Francis. I always just assumed it was a myth. :D

You are the first ever person that I've heard from that actually boarded at St Francis. I always just assumed it was a myth. :D

You're showing your age. or lack of it :rolleyes: . I had friends at St Francis and there were many boarders....

You're showing your age. or lack of it :rolleyes: . I had friends at St Francis and there were many boarders....

No, I've run into so many old timers (can't think of a better term) from St. Francis over the years. No one ever mentions boarding. There were even a few left when my brother started at the school. I just never actually met any of these people. Maybe they just never mention it.

Archived