The Skill could be returning this week!!!!!

LabattBlue

But even if there are, who would pick him up? And if anyone did, what do we care?

I can't remember though, aren't we on the hook for half his salary the rest of his contract which is 5 months?

Hmm... Leaves me right back at "what do we care", I have to admit.

As I understand, yes, Buffalo'd be on the hook for half the remainder of his contract. I'm not sure most on this board care at all, but Bottom Line Tom will. The organization obviously believes The Skill has some value left and they'll try to squeeze as much of it out of him as possible.

I'm as ready as anyone to give up on the Timmy experiment. Like previous posters, I believe his inability to stay in the line-up outweighs his production when he is. And also like previous posters, I don't expect him to be back for too long. I'm not gonna go as far as saying he's a wimp ? the guy's just not durable.

Correct.

The bolded statement is nonsense. When he plays, TC is one of our top penalty-killers, and Lindy frequently has him on against the opponents' top lines. The rest is true, but hysterical overstatements will damage your credibility.

Good call.

I must have been blinded by his career -52. You are right though. His defensive play has gotten much better over the years. Since he doesn't play that often it's easy to forget. He has only played 56 out of the last 203 games. That's $9 mil for 56 games. It is foolish of the organization and the fans to get their hopes up again on a player that has only excelled in disappointing. It's fun to watch the legend of 'The Skill' grow. The less he plays the better he gets. Lets just all hope the Sabres don't resign him because they want to keep "continuity".

It is funny how Briere does have the better +/- at -30. It's even funnier that B-Rod is cashing huge checks from the Flyers while only playing 9 games this season.

As I understand, yes, Buffalo'd be on the hook for half the remainder of his contract. I'm not sure most on this board care at all, but Bottom Line Tom will. The organization obviously believes The Skill has some value left and they'll try to squeeze as much of it out of him as possible.

I'm as ready as anyone to give up on the Timmy experiment. Like previous posters, I believe his inability to stay in the line-up outweighs his production when he is. And also like previous posters, I don't expect him to be back for too long. I'm not gonna go as far as saying he's a wimp ? the guy's just not durable.

The money is already spent. It is bad business and bad for the team to keep trying to "squeeze" value out of Tiny Timmy. Let's face it, if you "squeeze" Timmy something will break. The Sabres have already wasted a bunch of money. They need to stop wasting their time as well. Give the ice time to someone that has a chance to be in the lineup long term. It was a mistake to bring Timmy and Max back. I just hope the Sabres don't pay for it with another season without playoffs.

The money is already spent. It is bad business and bad for the team to keep trying to "squeeze" value out of Tiny Timmy. Let's face it, if you "squeeze" Timmy something will break. The Sabres have already wasted a bunch of money. They need to stop wasting their time as well. Give the ice time to someone that has a chance to be in the lineup long term. It was a mistake to bring Timmy and Max back. I just hope the Sabres don't pay for it with another season without playoffs.

You don't know how much I wish the organization would think this way ? they need to use Bill Simmons' idea of employing a VP of Common Sense for these types (or maybe all types) of personnel decisions.

You don't know how much I wish the organization would think this way ? they need to use Bill Simmons' idea of employing a VP of Common Sense for these types (or maybe all types) of personnel decisions.

The inability to admit failure often causes teams to turn the blind eye. The Sabres would be better off if they would have taken what ever was offered (if anything) for Max and bought out Connolly's contract.

The inability to admit failure often causes teams to turn the blind eye. The Sabres would be better off if they would have taken what ever was offered (if anything) for Max and bought out Connolly's contract.

Let's see, DeLuca vs. Ruff, whom do we believe?

?We know that if we can get him healthy and get him back and get him playing, we know what he can mean to us? I would love to get him in and playing well because before he went out he was playing well and a guy that we used in every situation.? ?Lindy on Tim Connolly

?We know that if we can get him healthy and get him back and get him playing, we know what he can mean to us? I would love to get him in and playing well because before he went out he was playing well and a guy that we used in every situation.? ?Lindy on Tim Connolly

Without taking any sides, what would you really expect Ruff to say, no matter what he really thinks of the situation?

I wouldn't expect to see Butler paired up with anyone but Teppo or Rivet. Which leads me to wondering if Weber would've looked better last year if he had been around guys like Teppo and Rivet. Sekera has definitely made some great strides this season with them in the locker room. We can say whatever we want about Teppo's play, but I'm sure most won't question his positive impact on these young guys. They're at the perfect stage of their careers where they can really soak up a lot of knowledge from him.

I really don't think it would be a bad idea to sit Teppo and Rivet here and there if it meant Teppo could be a little quicker when he was on the ice, and Rivet were healthy down the stretch. Teppo looked very slow Saturday to the point that he stood out to this untrained eye.

Regardless of the negative opinions on here about Connolly,i still dont think you can overlook his performance in the 06 playoffs. I've always backed him up,and i've always felt he could return to that form. He looked unbelivable earlier in the season. And he was showing signs of that brilliance. I just hope he doesn't go down again. I dont think having the medical staff play him WITH A BROKEN RIB really helped his situation.

"We know that if we can get him healthy and get him back and get him playing, we know what he can mean to us… I would love to get him in and playing well because before he went out he was playing well and a guy that we used in every situation." —Lindy on Tim Connolly

Without taking any sides, what would you really expect Ruff to say, no matter what he really thinks of the situation?

He certainly did look great before he got hurt. Very few people would say we are not a significantly better team with him in the lineup. For the record, here are a few posts from the GDT against St. Louis. For the record, he did try to play with a broken rib in the next game.

Never mind, I'm hearing plenty of Connolly and I'm very happy. You'd want Stafford over Connolly? When the guy's healthy he makes the Sabres ethal. Please don't give me the "when he's healthy" bit. Connolly's playing hockey right now. Let's live the moment.
TC with 2 points already. Hes making laser like passes out there.
Has Timmy been back since getting blasted?
Timmy's in the dressing room? Seriously?
Big surprise.....Connolly hurt again.
Wow, he looked so incredible out there tonight, too. He really looks like one of the best players in the league and then this again. It's not his fault, but this sucks
Connolly got blasted real hard by Keith Tkachuk on a legal hit. He got up and continued the play. He looked fine. But yeah, I didn't see him return for the last 10 mins of 3rd. Hope he's alright. He played excellent tonight.

The one not getting paid to tow the company line? Ruff will also tell you Peters is a valued member of the team. You can take that huge grain of salt when Lindy speaks and keep the city streets dry all winter.

Ruff's assessment really can't be argued. It's about as factual as you can get. I see no reason to suggest Ruff is blowing smoke or towing the party line.

He certainly did look great before he got hurt. Very few people would say we are not a significantly better team with him in the lineup. For the record, here are a few posts from the GDT against St. Louis. For the record, he did try to play with a broken rib in the next game.

Great post.

Wow, he looked so incredible out there tonight, too. He really looks like one of the best players in the league and then this again. It's not his fault, but this sucks

Connolly got blasted real hard by Keith Tkachuk on a legal hit. He got up and continued the play. He looked fine. But yeah, I didn't see him return for the last 10 mins of 3rd. Hope he's alright. He played excellent tonight.

Right on.

Connolly was awesome tonight. His pass to Pommer on the goal was great, his between-the-legs shot in tight was really bitchen, and he was in on what seemed like 5 or 6 other very sweet scoring chances. However, it seemed to me like he was playing a risky game in terms of cutting into the middle and handling the puck in traffic, and he really got nailed (on a head shot, by the way, that is legal now but I think should be banned and that should be a suspension-level hit).

Pommer-Connolly-Hecht was our best line

And always look good together. Let's hope they can play together again :cry:

I had to add a couple. :thumbsup:

I also dont think many can deny that the Hecht-Connolly-Pommer line might have the best chemistry out of all our lines.

Connolly:

2006 playoffs stats

8 Games

5 Goals

6 Assists

11 Points

Plus 3

1 GWG

Ohhhhhh. and i love this one...

...45.5 Shot Percentage

So lets do the math.

Lets say TC doest get the nasty hit from Schaffer. And he plays all 18 games.

Thats:

11 goals,13 assists for 24 points.

Not too bad for the playoffs. Even if you cut the average down and estimate on the low side. He would of gotten at least a point per game

While alot of you will bash him based on his reliablity and being prone to injuries,the fact remains,he still wears the blue and gold. He makes us such a better team when he plays. He makes Pominville so much better,because he allows him to just relax get open and shoot. And he might be one of the biggest reasons we push for the playoffs this season.

I also dont think many can deny that the Hecht-Connolly-Pommer line might have the best chemistry out of all our lines.

Connolly:

2006 playoffs stats

8 Games

5 Goals

6 Assists

11 Points

Plus 3

1 GWG

...45.5 Shot Percentage

So lets do the math.

Thats:

Not too bad for the playoffs. Even if you cut the average down and estimate on the low side. He would of gotten at least a point per game

While alot of you will bash him based on his reliablity and being prone to injuries,the fact remains,he still wears the blue and gold. He makes us such a better team when he plays. He makes Pominville so much better,because he allows him to just relax get open and shoot. And he might be one of the biggest reasons we push for the playoffs this season.

I'll just toss this out there. The NHL gives teams a lot of 5-3 situations these days and boy it would win us a few more games, or a few more points in the standings, having him running that for us. He was REALLY missing on our 5-3 situations, IMO.

He doesn't have to say anything at all.

He was asked a question. The last time he refused to answer, everyone and anyone read into it how frustrated he has become by the whole situation.

And that is two things that can be indisputable to most rational people.

1) It is more frustrating to the team and coaches then it is to fans when he is constantly out of the line up

2) When he is playing, he makes them better.

Whether they take a step forward when he plays, but step further back when he inevitably leaves is the only thing truly up for debate.

Connolly:

2006 playoffs stats

8 Games

5 Goals

6 Assists

11 Points

Plus 3

1 GWG

...45.5 Shot Percentage

So lets do the math.

Thats:

If that is true the Sabres wont make the playoffs.

The first sign of victory is when your opponent has to resort breaking down grammar and spelling. :thumbsup:

What victory? What opponent? I agreed with you on everything except your allegation that he is a defensive liability, which you retracted. I also stayed away from your random swipes at Briere on the theory that there is no point arguing with you about him, since for some reason he makes you insane.

Archived