If the Sabres have truly turned it around...

LabattBlue

Dec 10 vs Tampa Bay

Dec 12 vs Toronto

Dec 13 at New Jersey

Dec 17 vs New Jersey

Dec 19 vs Los Angeles

Stop with the crappy performances at home and PUMMEL Tampa, Toronto and LA. Then, split the home and home with the New Jersey.

No reason why they should not come out of this stretch with anything less than 8 points.

Dec 10 vs Tampa Bay

Dec 12 vs Toronto

Dec 13 at New Jersey

Dec 17 vs New Jersey

Dec 19 vs Los Angeles

Stop with the crappy performances at home and PUMMEL Tampa, Toronto and LA. Then, split the home and home with the New Jersey.

No reason why they should not come out of this stretch with anything less than 8 points.

They better make some hay now because they have a brutal January with something like 3 home games and 2 of those at the beginning of the month.

They better make some hay now because they have a brutal January with something like 3 home games and 2 of those at the beginning of the month.

Meh...This team plays better against better competition. Playing some boring road games might not bea bad thing either. At least they jumped back into the top 8.

At least they jumped back into the top 8.

Sort of. There are six times that have played 27 games (or more) and had more than 29 points through 27 games (Boston, NYR, Pittsburgh, Montreal, Washington and, ugh, Philadelphia), one team that has played less than 27 games but has more than 29 points (New Jersey) and one team that has played less than 27 games, could potentially have 29 points through 27 games and has the tie-breaker (Ottawa). So, through 27, we are in either 8th or 9th (9th would require Ottawa to win both games, 26 and 27.)

Sort of. There are six times that have played 27 games (or more) and had more than 29 points through 27 games (Boston, NYR, Pittsburgh, Montreal, Washington and, ugh, Philadelphia), one team that has played less than 27 games but has more than 29 points (New Jersey) and one team that has played less than 27 games, could potentially have 29 points through 27 games and has the tie-breaker (Ottawa). So, through 27, we are in either 8th or 9th (9th would require Ottawa to win both games, 26 and 27.)

Incorrect. First tiebreaker is wins. Should Ottawa win 26 and 27, they would still have 1 less win.

Playing against some weaker competition could really get them going again though. I'd like to see one game of offensive explosion preferably against the Leafs. I want to see them sweep the Devils. They are still solid, but Weekes is not impressive and Clemmasen is a career backup.

Easier said then done. This is the same team that gotten blown out vs. Columbus, couldn't do anything vs. Nashville or the Isles. And couldn't score anything 5v5 or even 5v4 in Florida.... i'll believe it when i see it. I hope they can turn this around. If they play like they did last 2 games, they should have no problems.

Then again, if they played the way they did vs. Pitt and Bos during thanksgiving, they shouldn't have had problems the next week either. Yet, they struggled. So who knows.

I want to see more than some tough 1 goal victories before I want to even think they have turned it around. They still lost to Florida a few games ago and barely beat Tampa after immediately blowing 1 goal leads 3 times. I haven't seen enough to warrant this a turn around. But, this next stretch should tell us just where this team is headed.

I want to see more than some tough 1 goal victories before I want to even think they have turned it around. They still lost to Florida a few games ago and barely beat Tampa after immediately blowing 1 goal leads 3 times. I haven't seen enough to warrant this a turn around. But, this next stretch should tell us just where this team is headed.

For me there is no clearer indication on whether they have turned it around than playing Ottawa, Boston, Montreal and Toronto, especially Ottawa...

For me there is no clearer indication on whether they have turned it around than playing Ottawa, Boston, Montreal and Toronto, especially Ottawa...

The Sabres could be playing lights out hockey, but when they face Ottawa, something happens, like those lights all of a sudden come on really bright. Ottawa is their biggest stumbling block for sure.

This month will determine the Sabres season. If they get hot, playoffs can be taken seriously. If they get cold, playoffs are most likely out the window.

January is going to be brutal. They need the points now and I hope they know it.

Easier said then done. This is the same team that gotten blown out vs. Columbus, couldn't do anything vs. Nashville or the Isles. And couldn't score anything 5v5 or even 5v4 in Florida.... i'll believe it when i see it. I hope they can turn this around. If they play like they did last 2 games, they should have no problems.

Then again, if they played the way they did vs. Pitt and Bos during thanksgiving, they shouldn't have had problems the next week either. Yet, they struggled. So who knows.

Couldn't agree more.

This team has a nasty habit of getting overconfident way too fast for their own good.

I'd be a whole lot more optimistic if we we're playing a stretch against top teams.

I certainly believe we can beat Toronto :D and build from that, yes we can walk away with loads of points but we have shown we can blow up to... So a game at a time...

True, the schedule is tough in January, but this team seems to handle the long west road trips pretty well in recent years. (Too lazy to look up their record on the long Jan/Feb road trips to use a word more definitive than "seems".)

True, the schedule is tough in January, but this team seems to handle the long west road trips pretty well in recent years. (Too lazy to look up their record on the long Jan/Feb road trips to use a word more definitive than "seems".)

The Sabres have had only two such trips since the lockout. They were 1-2 in Western Canada in 05-06 and 1-2 in California last season.

P.S. They did have a swell monster of a Western road trip near the beginning of the 03-04 season. They were 4-2.

The Sabres have had only two such trips since the lockout. They were 1-2 in Western Canada in 05-06 and 1-2 in California last season.

P.S. They did have a swell monster of a Western road trip near the beginning of the 03-04 season. They were 4-2.

I seem to be thinking of that '04 trip and their ending the 2nd 1/2 of that '06 road trip w/ 3 eastern W's in a row.

Also in '03 they started in Moe-ray-all and went 3-0-1 on the January "western" swing. So 3 of the last 4 times they've had that long trip it's worked out ok.

I seem to be thinking of that '04 trip and their ending the 2nd 1/2 of that '06 road trip w/ 3 eastern W's in a row.

Also in '03 they started in Moe-ray-all and went 3-0-1 on the January "western" swing. So 3 of the last 4 times they've had that long trip it's worked out ok.

It's too far back to have much relevance to this team though. Kind of like the all-time overtime records they show before sudden death in the playoffs.

Archived