Someone remind Derek Roy

Eleven

OMG. You mean hockey players are humans too?!?!

I find nothing wrong with Roy going out and having a good time. He got hammered. Who cares? I get hammered all the time. My boss don't care. Actually, i once saw my boss at the bar, he bought me a shot. Roy is a human. He is allowed to go out and party. Football players go and do drugs, get involved in shootouts while hockey players go to the bar, spend ton of money and get hammered with friends.

And to him being "gay".... not at all. I actually know one of his ex girlfriends. Shes (or used to be) a wgr ball girl. I went to high school with her. They were just having fun. Who really cares? He ain't gay so you might as well slap that BS blog off this web site.

I find nothing wrong with Roy going out and having a good time. He got hammered. Who cares? I get hammered all the time. My boss don't care. Actually, i once saw my boss at the bar, he bought me a shot. Roy is a human. He is allowed to go out and party. Football players go and do drugs, get involved in shootouts while hockey players go to the bar, spend ton of money and get hammered with friends.

And to him being "gay".... not at all. I actually know one of his ex girlfriends. Shes (or used to be) a wgr ball girl. I went to high school with her. They were just having fun. Who really cares? He ain't gay so you might as well slap that BS blog off this web site.

Well, let's put it this way: I saw it here first, and as soon as I saw the headline, I knew it was a Sabre.

It has nothing to do with whether anyone is gay, and I recognize that the blog I linked to might have some inappropriate comments. That wasn't why I posted it, and that's not a criterion by which I evaluate anyone. Frankly, I'm happy that folks on this board would question that type of judgment--but that's just not what I was doing. I'm not sure that the pic even represents anything other than bunch of guys getting drunk and being idiots.

But the whole situation has a little bit of the fiddling-while-Rome-burns to it; that's why I put it here.

I find nothing wrong with Roy going out and having a good time. He got hammered. Who cares? I get hammered all the time.

I have been hammered a lot in my day, most of the times with my buddies. With that said, I have never thought about grabbing any of my friends balls for a laugh, nor have they grabbed mine.

If you enjoy ball grabbing or don't see anything wrong with your buddy giving them a playful tug, you are likely at least half-a-gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that, each his own.

If you enjoy ball grabbing or don't see anything wrong with your buddy giving them a playful tug, you are likely at least half-a-gay. Not that there is anything wrong with that, each his own.

While I have never partaken in a little "sausage tug", athletes are a different breed. They are like a family and weird stuff happens with regulartiy.

wait, hockey players drink, get drunk, and do vulgar party tricks with their private parts?

shocking. :rolleyes:

but you know what did get my attention? that blogger's description of herself, to wit:

M.J., heavily indebt attorney who uses this blog as a means to express her sad pathetic desire to have Mike Ryan stuff her joyhole

huzzah, sister.

but before anyone gets excited that M.J. might some day join our ranks and talk about the stuffing of her joyhole, consider this from the same post:

Anyway so evidently various message boards picked it up, and I couldn't tell you for the life of me what they are saying on them because I can't be bothered to read any message board, ever. If I wanted to read and bunch of stupid nonsense and idiotic opinions spouted forth from a totally uneducated source, I'd re-read my own blog.

Do you play with your family members genitalia?

the only other thing i will add here is this: the most outrageous, over-the-top-macho-team-sport culture i've ever encountered was the men's rugby club that played where i went to college in new england (the womens' side was a close second). when those dudes got to boozin', they'd regularly do bizarre stuff, such as "the elephant walk." as best i could tell, these guys were as aggressively straight as a guy can be, yet they all thought it hilarious to walk around at their big pub night, linked together hand-to-junk.

wait, hockey players drink, get drunk, and do vulgar party tricks with their private parts?

shocking. :rolleyes:

but you know what did get my attention? that blogger's description of herself, to wit:

huzzah, sister.

but before anyone gets excited that M.J. might some day join our ranks and talk about the stuffing of her joyhole, consider this from the same post:

Message board? Bad

Stalking? Good.

the only other thing i will add here is this: the most outrageous, over-the-top-macho-team-sport culture i've ever encountered was the men's rugby club that played where i went to college in new england (the womens' side was a close second). when those dudes got to boozin', they'd regularly do bizarre stuff, such as "the elephant walk." as best i could tell, these guys were as aggressively straight as a guy can be, yet they all thought it hilarious to walk around at their big pub night, linked together hand-to-junk.

How did I know that the elephant walk was going to be mentioned when I started reading this post? The Vermont hockey team is forever connected to one of those incidents.

I'm going to take a different approach to this story.

I'm going to put my flame retardant suit on:

Why are professional athletes allowed to consume alcohol during the course of a season? Could a bunch of drunk/hung over 20-somethings explain why they look lethargic on the ice?

Would it be too much to ask a kid who is taking 5M of your coinage to properly maintain his body in peak form throughout the ENTIRE season? Alcohol and athletes don't mix. See Plaxico and countless other examples to include a long standing rumor of a bunch of Bills partying the eve of their first superbowl appearance.

Flame away..

We need more emoticons on this board... Please don't bring back the flogging the dead horse one, but we need more than we have... :wallbash: or :censored: doesn't express everything correctly... One burning up in flames would be a great addition..

Why are professional athletes allowed to consume alcohol during the course of a season? Could a bunch of drunk/hung over 20-somethings explain why they look lethargic on the ice?

Would it be too much to ask a kid who is taking 5M of your coinage to properly maintain his body in peak form throughout the ENTIRE season? Alcohol and athletes don't mix. See Plaxico and countless other examples to include a long standing rumor of a bunch of Bills partying the eve of their first superbowl appearance.

Flame away..

We need more emoticons on this board... Please don't bring back the flogging the dead horse one, but we need more than we have... :wallbash: or :censored: doesn't express everything correctly... One burning up in flames would be a great addition..

It has nothing to do with being an athlete or the amount of money they make. Single dudes in their 20s go out to bars and drink with their friends. That is what they do.

Can't say I disagree, although I don't see a problem with players going out on the town to celebrate an important win, barring there are no games to be played in the next 3-4 days.

Getting hammered just for the heck of it with the guys reeks of unprofessional behaviour, and would probably earn you a nice seat in the stands in any major European soccer league, but things are different here.

Hell, the German national team confine their players to their assigned hotel for an entire European or World Cup, and not even their wives or girlfriends are allowed in. The Germans are pretty extreme in that regard though, but I'm sure you see what I'm getting at.

Point is that I think it's wrong to get hammered just for fun when you're a pro athlete, in the middle of a season. I couldn't care less what they do on their own time, as long as they show up for camp in reasonable shape, and I'm sure most coaches and GM's would agree.

I've done my share of bar hopping in my days, and I'd have to say getting wasted doesn't exactly do wonders for your shape or concentration for days after a real heavy night of drinking.

World cup? That's what, a once every 4 years thing? Do I need to point out how that is just slightly different than what we're talking about here? Good luck changing this behavior. It was there long before these guys ever played the game and it will be there long after they're gone.

Archived