GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Buffalo Fan

Wow, look at that. How similar are we to 05-06 right now? See boys, things are right in line to get better!

Actually, with the exception of 2006-07, all the seasons look basically the same through November. What I really found amazing is that, despite the hot start two years ago, the 2005-06 actually had the same # of points at two points later in the season. They had some seriously sick winning streaks in the middle.

I wonder how much of Miller's problems seeing the puck is that he's slightly cross-eyed.

The D-fense of course isn't cross-eyed but they have serious problems of their own.

After the Bruins were let back into the game, the Sabres looked like they did against

St. Louis when they were trying to tie things up. Very loose defense and very confused

and uncomposed.

Post of the night!

I am never sick of the product... I always look forward to game day... I am just getting sick of the angst...

Now I am sucked in again...

Remember that poll a long time ago about what we need... Yep, you guessed it with me... Another #2 center was my choice!

And man... I love Lindy... But please dude... Take a page out of Tom Coughlin's book and adapt!

At this point, Lindy is as much to blame as everyone else.

I don't understand why he gets a free pass everytime, it's either DR, LQ or the players. Never Lindy.

I'm not letting them off that easy. I'm not going anywhere. :D

That's easy for you to say because you're one of the mods. No disrespect intended.

My patience has completely run out on the entire Buffalo sports scene. I gave up on the Bills a long time ago, and now the Sabres might as well write their own tombstone. Bisons? Hardly ever cross my mind. (Ok, so the Bandits have won a few. Good. The NLL just isn't as well established a league as the NFL and the NHL are and I wouldn't be surprised if they wind up folding because of the untenable economic situation.)

I have way too many things to do on my after-work time, and the least of these is worrying about a hockey team that appears to be going nowhere anytime soon. Someone said that they'd rather stick around during bad times such as this than not to be around when they win it all. Well, that's all fine and dandy, but I don't see the Sabres winning the Cup in a thousand years (and I'm not even going to talk about the Bills). TG, you better get ready to eat that microphone at the end of the season because it looks like the team you own is putting out an absolutely crappy product and it shows no sign of improving anytime soon.

I know that there are plenty of other teams out there that haven't won the Cup - including ours. However, I think the only way to send a message to the FO is to shun the team, stop watching games regardless of media outlets, and stop attending games - regardless of what level someone is on the totem pole in the Sabres organization. We keep getting this message from them time and time again to buy into their system and that things will improve. You've had 38 years to do this, and it hasn't happened yet. Look at Tampa Bay and Anaheim. They already have Stanley Cups and they've been around since the 90's. That's pretty sad when young franchises already have titles and one of the more established ones does not.

I also think that it is best to not be involved in a board where I have seen a huge number of crass and uncouth posts being made on here. I admit that I have been guilty of this as well, so I'm not going to say that I haven't done it. I certainly have with some of my comments and "over the line" avatars, and I deeply regret it.

Some of you guys I got along with well, and some not as much. I wish all of you the best. I have been giving this some serious thought, and I think my time here at SabreSpace has run out.

Oh, and one last thing: DeLuca, you DO have a set of morals and it does dictate your philosophy.

I am terminating my membership here. I'm done.

After a night of sleep, I woke up and I wasn't angry anymore. I'm still really depressed that we suck, but I'm at least not angry. Darcy, do something to the roster or you should be fired. I'll repeat myself from last night: Lindy is the only untouchable. Darcy must make a trade or waive someone to call up from portland or he should be fired. I sincerely hope that if nothing is done by friday that there are STILL 950 "great" seats remaining for tomorrow's game.

At this point, Lindy is as much to blame as everyone else.

I don't understand why he gets a free pass everytime, it's either DR, LQ or the players. Never Lindy.

Look, I'm as big a Miller fan as anyone, but this quote really bothered me:

"We're not playing terrible. It's just all going wrong right now."

If that's the team's mindset, then this team has serious problems. You can't just blame crappy play on bad bounces or bad luck, and to me that's where Lindy has to kick someone in the ass and make it known that the players are not victims of bad bounces, it's just sh!tty play.

Look, I'm as big a Miller fan as anyone, but this quote really bothered me:

If that's the team's mindset, then this team has serious problems. You can't just blame crappy play on bad bounces or bad luck, and to me that's where Lindy has to kick someone in the ass and make it known that the players are not victims of bad bounces, it's just sh!tty play.

Yikes!!

If they're not playing terrible, I'd certainly hate to see when they DO :doh:

Yeah I agree, you can't just blame this funk on bad bounces etc., at some point, and I mean sooner rather than later, they should be taking a good hard look at themselves.

But bleedin' christ, they should've done that LAST year when they pissed away 14 games in a row, shouldn't they?

I fear this runs so much deeper than just the current situation, and I still can't help but wonder if they're trying send someone a message, or if they all just want to be traded away.

After a night of sleep, I woke up and I wasn't angry anymore. I'm still really depressed that we suck, but I'm at least not angry. Darcy, do something to the roster or you should be fired. I'll repeat myself from last night: Lindy is the only untouchable. Darcy must make a trade or waive someone to call up from portland or he should be fired. I sincerely hope that if nothing is done by friday that there are STILL 950 "great" seats remaining for tomorrow's game.

I am surprised the number isnt higher. I've been telling myself to get a life; apparently it hasnt hit everyone yet. This is the worst collapse that this team has had in at least the last 5 years.

I am surprised the number isnt higher. I've been telling myself to get a life; apparently it hasnt hit everyone yet. This is the worst collapse that this team has had in at least the last 5 years.

What about late december through the mid/latter half of January last year? Buffalo went 10 games or so w/ out single win.

If they aren't playing terrible, then why are you doing your "WTF arm wave" everytime a goal goes in that you perceive to be the fault of your teammates?

I've stated over and over again that due to the fact they are a small market team and the profit margin is not great, when you sign core players to big contracts, you better hit home runs with every one of them. I've had concerns about Miller how a few years now and he just does not seem to be getting any better. I really think he may not be a homerun signing.

I've stated over and over again that due to the fact they are a small market team and the profit margin is not great, when you sign core players to big contracts, you better hit home runs with every one of them. I've had concerns about Miller how a few years now and he just does not seem to be getting any better. I really think he may not be a homerun signing.

My opinion on Miller, as stated in another thread:

Miller is not Hasek or even Brodeur. He is a very good goaltender that sometimes plays to the level of those two (as they sometimes played down to his normal level or worse) and sometimes stinks up the joint. With a responsible defense - something he hadn't had before the start of this season - he is good enough for the team to win most games. Without it, he might steal a game or two, but we will be in trouble for the season. The weird thing is that we went from the best defense that I've seen the Sabres play to even worse defense than we've had over the past two years.

Miller is good enough to anchor a responsible team. Only goalies like Hasek and Brodeur and a few others from history are near good enough to win games when they are repeatedly and consistently hung out to dry. Even they would have looked average with the support that the Sabres have been providing. Even if you allow Miller a softy, they should have won yesterday's game 4-2. Every time they scored in the first, they gave up golden opportunities in the following shifts. After the first, they took dumb penalties and gave up even more golden opportunities. Nobody is going to look good under those circumstances.

My opinion on Miller, as stated in another thread:

Miller is good enough to anchor a responsible team. Only goalies like Hasek and Brodeur and a few others from history are near good enough to win games when they are repeatedly and consistently hung out to dry. Even they would have looked average with the support that the Sabres have been providing. Even if you allow Miller a softy, they should have won yesterday's game 4-2. Every time they scored in the first, they gave up golden opportunities in the following shifts. After the first, they took dumb penalties and gave up even more golden opportunities. Nobody is going to look good under those circumstances.

If you see many of Hasek's highlight reel saves, the next thing you see is a d-man clearing away a loose puck while #39 is flopping around on the ice.

Even Hasek needed some sort of support, and right now nobody on the Sabres team are supporting each other.

Miller can't stop a puck to save his life, the D fails to block shots for him or clear rebounds, and our forwards are clueless on our side of the red line.

Losing right now is a team effort, if ever there was one.

If you see many of Hasek's highlight reel saves, the next thing you see is a d-man clearing away a loose puck while #39 is flopping around on the ice.

Even Hasek needed some sort of support, and right now nobody on the Sabres team are supporting each other.

Miller can't stop a puck to save his life, the D fails to block shots for him or clear rebounds, and our forwards are clueless on our side of the red line.

Losing right now is a team effort, if ever there was one.

I remember the refs looking into his glove to see if he really saved it..lol

Miller is not even in the same breath as Hasek..Maybe a better person with more character but he isnt a Hasek as a hockey player..

Losing is a team effort but Miller has been missing average shot pucks more than an better than average goalie should.

Miller is not even in the same breath as Hasek..Maybe a better person with more character but he isnt a Hasek as a hockey player..

Losing is a team effort but Miller has been missing average shot pucks more than an better than average goalie should.

Well it's hard to be confident in your own game when you can't trust the team in front of you.

No argument there.

Archived