Hecht's hand

mphs mike

That wasn't a garbage goal, it was skill pure and simple

Agreed. Harry Neale even mentioned it yesterday during the game. Most players who are behind the net, try to bank it off with luck into the net, while Hecht has a plan and that's what he's trying to do. It's not the first time Hecht scored a goal from there.

btw, Regier announced Hecht had surgery and will be out a "couple of weeks".

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...rticleid=386624

Agreed. Harry Neale even mentioned it yesterday during the game. Most players who are behind the net, try to bank it off with luck into the net, while Hecht has a plan and that's what he's trying to do. It's not the first time Hecht scored a goal from there.

btw, Regier announced Hecht had surgery and will be out a "couple of weeks".

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...rticleid=386624

Thats kool..Cant really afford him out for more than a few weeks..And at least its not March when we get roughed up with all those games in a row...

Well, it sure didn't take long for our forward depth to get eaten up. Jeez. 2 games into the season and we're already down THREE centers.

Question now is whether Gerbe (or anyone else) gets called up from Portland. I'd expect them to dress Ellis tomorrow night vs the Rangers. If everyone plays well, maybe they keep that going, but if we lose and don't look that great, someone will get called up and probably dress for the next game.

Well, it sure didn't take long for our forward depth to get eaten up. Jeez. 2 games into the season and we're already down THREE centers.

Question now is whether Gerbe (or anyone else) gets called up from Portland. I'd expect them to dress Ellis tomorrow night vs the Rangers. If everyone plays well, maybe they keep that going, but if we lose and don't look that great, someone will get called up and probably dress for the next game.

By counting on Timmay we were already down one center in the preseason.

And that was before the back/vertebrae injury.

The Sabres are going into MSG extremely shorthanded. I expect Lindy to reign in the offense and try to play road hockey and steal a point. With the lineup as is they can not go end to end with the Rangers.

Maybe Connolly can man-up and maybe show up and play when the team really needs him. Then again why would this game be different than other games.

The Sabres are going into MSG extremely shorthanded. I expect Lindy to reign in the offense and try to play road hockey and steal a point. With the lineup as is they can not go end to end with the Rangers.

Maybe Connolly can man-up and maybe show up and play when the team really needs him. Then again why would this game be different than other games.

I agree! I also think Jochen should grow a pair and play too. I mean, the guy's got nine good fingers! He's 90% -- and can't suit up when his team needs him. Euro trash. Jochen Hecht -- too liberal. We can't afford four more years of Hecht-Bush policies.

I agree! I also think Jochen should grow a pair and play too. I mean, the guy's got nine good fingers! He's 90% -- and can't suit up when his team needs him. Euro trash. Jochen Hecht -- too liberal. We can't afford four more years of Hecht-Bush policies.

When Hecht returns he will probably still have more games played this season than Tiny Timmy Connolly. I'm sure when ever Timmy's "back injury" heals something else will fall off.

I do agree with the Bush comment. It's amazing that some people would even consider voting for McCain and a continuation of the Bush legacy of destruction.

Archived