2008-2009 Sabres Captain

inkman

Darn, I was hoping by your title that you meant they had announced that they are definitely going to pick a single Captain for the year, not that they are going to name one that may be for the month, for the year or just for home games. I know they still might choose not to use the rotating captaincy, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I would pick Rivet as captain. Unfortunately I think we have the same numb-nuts team this

year, with Miller "leading the way" and I don't see us making the playoffs again. I'm very discouraged at how things went this preseason. Ruff still can't figure out what to do with captains and goalies after all these years. If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting. :wallbash: :wallbash:

I would pick Rivet as captain. Unfortunately I think we have the same numb-nuts team this

year, with Miller "leading the way" and I don't see us making the playoffs again. I'm very discouraged at how things went this preseason. Ruff still can't figure out what to do with captains and goalies after all these years. If you keep doing what you're doing, you'll keep getting what you're getting. :wallbash: :wallbash:

Preseason is a farce. It means nada.

And sometimes, "you wear out your welcome."

I don't want to be negative or anything but at some point this has become a joke. The novelty of the Soup of the Month has worn off.

I would love to give credit to the person who made the statement but I can't recall who it was but never the less it was something along the lines of 8 captains means zero captain.

Enough is Enough and there needs to be a leader on this team.

We either have a leader and give him the C, or we don't and you come clean with the fans that its because we don't have a leader that we have to rotate the C.

This is so 1998...Lets move on.

How about a Permanent C with a rotating A? If I'm Lindy, I give the C to Teppo and As to two of Hecht, Pominville, or Rivet. Rivet is the type of guy that deserves a letter, but given how new he is to the team, I'd prefer guys who have been here and grown with this team getting letters. I like Derek Roy, but I'm not sure he's captain material just yet, but he could be in a few years. Aside from those 4 guys, I don't really think anyone else on this team really deserves a letter. Regardless, as I've said before on here, you don't need a letter to bring leadership, but continuity is a good thing and a guy like Teppo who has been a captain at the NHL level with Phoenix probably should wear the C in my opinion.

And by the looks of things this preseason, he still hasn't got a clue of how to effectively coach a PP unit either, so yeah it's business as usual.

I think it has to go to a Sabres vet...like Hecht, Roy, or Pominville. Don't we think that some of those guys would be a bit perturbed if Lindy gave it to the new guy? I'm not saying Rivet isn't a good choice, but even though he's been around the league, he's still the new kid on the block as far as Buffalo is concerned.

I like the idea of giving the C to one guy and rotating the As.

Who do you think you are, Tom Webster? :chris:

No..No Tom W here...I was at the rink yesterday and saw the jersey with the C on it..I was asked not to say who it was and since my friend could canned if it leaked so I will just take the abuse..

No..No Tom W here...I was at the rink yesterday and saw the jersey with the C on it..I was asked not to say who it was and since my friend could canned if it leaked so I will just take the abuse..

Did his name rhyme with Schmominville?

Archived