Buffalo Finalist for World Juniors

X. Benedict

http://www.buffaloworldjuniors.com

You can "reserve an opportunity to purchasing tickets" for all games for a $200 per ticket deposit.

"2011 IIHF WORLD JUNIOR CHAMPIONSHIP TICKET PACKAGE INFORMATION

Buffalo Sabres season ticket and mini-pack holders will have the first opportunity to purchase ticket packages to the 2011 IIHF World Junior Championship and will be notified with details by mail. Other fans should visit www.buffaloworldjuniors.com to purchase ticket packages. A $200 non-refundable deposit per seat is required. Should seats not be available, all money will be refunded. An on-sale date will be announced in the future. Additionally, individual game ticket information, including an on-sale date, will be announced at a later date if tickets are available."

Thanks for the link. Above was quoted from that link.

When the tix went on sale for the Frozen 4 a lot of Sabres STH's were shut out because most of the tix distributions were handled by the NCAA and they gave priority to people who've gone to the Frozen 4 in the past. It would appear that won't be the case for this event.

Thing that stinks is, games at HSBC Arena that feature USA and Canada will be very hard to get. However, the bad teams, who don't have too many traveling fans, are the games many people enjoy going to see hockey. Those would be played at Dwyer Arena which seats like 2,100 seats? That will sell out quickly too i gotta think. Are there any plans for they to expend Dwyer Arena? I mean, they will host the 2011 WJC and their hockey program is going up. Just makes sense to expend.

Not a shock, but it's official. Buffalo is the 2011 host of the World Junior Championships! Congrats to the city and the Sabres.

Sabres.com

(if you hurry you can still catch the live press conference that's going on)

WOO HOO!!!

I was pretty confident that they could easily beat out Grand Forks, ND, but the fact that Buffalo beat out the Twin Cities is even more exciting.

As I listen to the Press Conference, Dave Ogrean made mention about the humongous amount of support for the sport of hockey not only around the Buffalo area, but also across the border. Granted, that is not a verbatim quotation, but having this on our side and having - ahem - Toronto less than 100 miles away is going to prove to be helpful as well.

I think this is going to be waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the 93 WUGs.

let's hope that background is a good indicator that the slug is going away by 2011! (hopefully sooner)

According to people who were there - including the guys on WGR - there was NOTHING with the slug on it. All logos or other displays utilized the new old-school logo exclusively.

Fan-freakin'-tastic news!!!

let's hope that background is a good indicator that the slug is going away by 2011! (hopefully sooner)

Speaking of the slug, I saw an SUV heading north on US-29 outside of Lynchburg, VA yesterday that had the slug sticker on there. I tooted my truck horn twice as a show of support. Got nothing in return.

I'm sorry, but that slug has done the reverse of what a banana peel should do when laying on the ground. Instead of tripping up people, it's been tripped up by the fans.

I know it's too early to talk about, but 2011 USA team could be pretty stacked and very young. Brandon Saad has been tearing up youths and impressing scouts on a weekly basis. The kid is 6'3 right now and looks like he's gonna be a heck of a power forward. But the real players of note, who are 2011 NHL draft eligible is Seth Ambrosz and Colin Jacobs. Both players are surly to be fighting for the first overall pick spot for 2011.

Ambrosz has been the most touted college recruit. At age 15, he's already been given offers to all major schools and had committed himself to University of Minnesota. He'll be a freshman in 2011. Many scouts say he's already got a NHL shot and many compare it to Brian Rolston's.... but he's 15.

Jacobs has been widly known in the US. The kid from Texas, is the US version of a Stamkos or Tavares. Very highly hyped. If he had chosen to play in the WHL, he would have been a lock first overall pick this years draft but he was iffy, and was picked 4th round but opt not to play WHL. A team risked it's 4th round pick for him. Jacobs and Ambrosz could be the best US players for a long time and we'll see them up close in 2011. Along with Saad and few other 91' players, USA could have a very strong squad.

I know it's too early to talk about, but 2011 USA team could be pretty stacked and very young. Brandon Saad has been tearing up youths and impressing scouts on a weekly basis. The kid is 6'3 right now and looks like he's gonna be a heck of a power forward. But the real players of note, who are 2011 NHL draft eligible is Seth Ambrosz and Colin Jacobs. Both players are surly to be fighting for the first overall pick spot for 2011.

Ambrosz has been the most touted college recruit. At age 15, he's already been given offers to all major schools and had committed himself to University of Minnesota. He'll be a freshman in 2011. Many scouts say he's already got a NHL shot and many compare it to Brian Rolston's.... but he's 15.

Jacobs has been widly known in the US. The kid from Texas, is the US version of a Stamkos or Tavares. Very highly hyped. If he had chosen to play in the WHL, he would have been a lock first overall pick this years draft but he was iffy, and was picked 4th round but opt not to play WHL. A team risked it's 4th round pick for him. Jacobs and Ambrosz could be the best US players for a long time and we'll see them up close in 2011. Along with Saad and few other 91' players, USA could have a very strong squad.

Show off! ;)

I will say I am "really" excited about this when I actually have tix in hand. I was pretty psyched that Buffalo got the Frozen 4 in the Vanek year, until I couldn't get a W#%@#% ticket even though I'd been a Sabres season ticket holder for over a decade.

It's probably way too late to say this, but you could have gotten tickets so easily for that frozen four. The scalpers were practically giving them away. The same thing happens every year that the tourney is in a non-college hockey market. This year should be another cheap one down in DC.

It's probably way too late to say this, but you could have gotten tickets so easily for that frozen four. The scalpers were practically giving them away. The same thing happens every year that the tourney is in a non-college hockey market. This year should be another cheap one down in DC.

While I'm sure that's true, I had no intention of driving over an hour w/ young children in tow on the possibility of getting tix.

Me and my buddy were car pooling from college and Jim Brinson was broadcasting live on WNSA from HSBC Arena and was saying how crazy the pep bands are and how awesome atmosphere it was. Brinson was also hyping up Thomas Vanek as the next Sabre and me and my buddy "watched" alot of his games because we either wanted Vanek or Michalek badly. Then Brinson said scalpers have tons of tickets for cheap too, so we got an exit and back onto 490 heading towards Buffalo. Surly enough, got 2 seats in the 300s and $30.

Me and my buddy were car pooling from college and Jim Brinson was broadcasting live on WNSA from HSBC Arena and was saying how crazy the pep bands are and how awesome atmosphere it was. Brinson was also hyping up Thomas Vanek as the next Sabre and me and my buddy "watched" alot of his games because we either wanted Vanek or Michalek badly. Then Brinson said scalpers have tons of tickets for cheap too, so we got an exit and back onto 490 heading towards Buffalo. Surly enough, got 2 seats in the 300s and $30.

Now picture the frozen four in St Louis last year. Not a single college hockey program anywhere close (not a decent program anyway). The first idiot scalper tried to get me to pay face value for one ticket. For some reason he wasn't too happy when I laughed in his face. I ended up paying $40 total for the entire tournament.

• 3 weeks later...
I will say I am "really" excited about this when I actually have tix in hand. I was pretty psyched that Buffalo got the Frozen 4 in the Vanek year, until I couldn't get a W#%@#% ticket even though I'd been a Sabres season ticket holder for over a decade.

Anyone else get their ticket order form in the mail today?

Can buy all games, or just HSBC games, any level seat. From $49 to $29 per seat.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived