No one posted this?

apuszczalowski

Is Columbus really that bad of a place to play?

Seems like a promising Canadian Jr. from the Niagara Ice Dogs has decided to retire after being drafted in the 2nd round to Columbus

His dad says its false and his mom said she has no idea whats going one. Some of the rumors say he does not want to go to Columbus, some rumors say he has had stress issues in the past and didn't want the pressure of an NHL career

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=246953&amp...=headlines_main

I saw this too. I didn't want to bring it up until we heard more, but now that you have...

Must be something going on here. Personal issues? Medical issues? Something he doesn't want his parents to know about? (like they won't find out). To work on something like hockey your whole life and then up and quit when you make the big leagues, must be some'in.

I was so bored last night and was fooling around on like 10 different blogs. lol

Anyways, one of the blogs, (a somewhat reliable one as in the blogger isn't just a fan but some kind of reporter) said he believes it just to be a prank. Said the kid retired to make a name for himself. He said that he's always pulling pranks on people and always being funny. I guess he got tired of being a nobody and retired, and now is in every media source that talks hockey, even this board. So i think the kid might just be messing around. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

I was so bored last night and was fooling around on like 10 different blogs. lol

Anyways, one of the blogs, (a somewhat reliable one as in the blogger isn't just a fan but some kind of reporter) said he believes it just to be a prank. Said the kid retired to make a name for himself. He said that he's always pulling pranks on people and always being funny. I guess he got tired of being a nobody and retired, and now is in every media source that talks hockey, even this board. So i think the kid might just be messing around. Pretty stupid if you ask me.

Maybe he "retired" to hunt for bigfoot.

I know it is hard for us to understand, but maybe he just doesn't like hockey as much as his parents do.

He'd have to dislike it a lot. If he gets one full year in the NHL, even at the league minimum, that's 10x (or more) what a lot of people here make in one year. Hell, even if I hated it, I would try to get a couple of years in, living a very meager lifestyle and saving up enough to keep myself comfortable no what else I'd choose to do. A few years of your life to give yourself a high six-figure (maybe seven) nest egg seems worth it to me. I'd clean :censored: out of public restrooms using my bare hands for three years if it left me with that much in the bank.

He'd have to dislike it a lot. If he gets one full year in the NHL, even at the league minimum, that's 10x (or more) what a lot of people here make in one year. Hell, even if I hated it, I would try to get a couple of years in, living a very meager lifestyle and saving up enough to keep myself comfortable no what else I'd choose to do. A few years of your life to give yourself a high six-figure (maybe seven) nest egg seems worth it to me. I'd clean :censored: out of public restrooms using my bare hands for three years if it left me with that much in the bank.

This could actually be fun. What is the worst thing you would do for 10 million dollars? This question is for everyone.

He'd have to actually make the NHL to get that kind of money, but yeah, he's much closer to being able to do that than the average person.

• 3 months later...
If he doesn't now - he will if he ever has to live in Columbus.

I don't live in Columbus but I do live in Ohio and really, Columbus seems like a pretty nice place to live. It is absolutely huge...and the only city around me that has a Tim Hortons :thumbsup:

i've actually spent time in columbus, and it's a pretty great city. everyone's friendly (can't say the same about a lot of other "bigger name" cities), laid back, and pretty proud supporters when it comes to ohio state. i enjoyed my time there.

Archived