[OT] Weekend excitements?

Guest Sloth

Guest Sloth

Just thought I'd start another off hockey topic. What do you guys look forward to on the weekend? I look forward to having a nice cold 6 pack, some times 12, and playing cards w/ my friends. I think my wife hates the weekend. I also like to play NHL 2K8 to late hours. If any of you have a 360, my tag is Da Sabres

I just finished playing some NHL 08 on my PC (I have a Playstation-esque controller). In general, I look forward to actually seeing my girlfriend (we live together but our "awake and at home" hours don't overlap much during the week.)

Side note: please put "[OT]" in the title of off-topic threads.

I look forward to having a nice cold 6 pack, some times 12, and playing cards w/ my friends. I think my wife hates the weekend. I also like to play NHL 2K8 to late hours.

So you drink, gamble and play videogames all weekend. Yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb and say your wife is not spending the whole week looking forward to that. :D

This weekend? Well we're fixing to pick up an old car for my son who just got his license yesterday. If we get it before someone else, it's a 1998 Tracer with 85k miles. And down here in Texas they don't rust! (And the hail dents are only a cosmetic problem) :D

We have our annual Breakspear Road block party today. Four blocks of people getting together, drinking, eating, and playing yard games. It makes for decent neighborhood-ship.

Nice. If you don't mind me asking, where do you live in Syracuse? My family lived in Baldwinsville for 25 years and then we moved over to Buffalo in 2002.

Perhaps many of you folks won't find this exciting, but I plan to watch near non-stop Olympics all weekend. I love the Olympics, Summer and Winter. I don't have a "home" team to root for most times track and field, swimming, gymnastics, etc except during the Olympics. I find them very fulfilling.

On that note, did anyone else watch the phenominal opening ceremonies last night? It was truly the most amazing opening ceremony I have ever seen. I just know alot of people in London watched that and are wondering how on Earth they can come close to matching it.

Perhaps many of you folks won't find this exciting, but I plan to watch near non-stop Olympics all weekend. I love the Olympics, Summer and Winter. I don't have a "home" team to root for most times track and field, swimming, gymnastics, etc except during the Olympics. I find them very fulfilling.

On that note, did anyone else watch the phenominal opening ceremonies last night? It was truly the most amazing opening ceremony I have ever seen. I just know alot of people in London watched that and are wondering how on Earth they can come close to matching it.

I watch Olympics alot too. Root for USA and Poland.

As for the Opening Ceremonies. Incredible. The most amazing show i've ever seen. I still can not believe the way they lit the torch. Truly amazing.

Vancouver and London as you say have work cut out for them but it's not a secret those two, esspicially Canada, wouldn't be able to come close. China put in like $400 million into last night. The money they invest into sports over whelms England or Canada but most importantly, their technology is far and beyond what they have.

I watch Olympics alot too. Root for USA and Poland.

As for the Opening Ceremonies. Incredible. The most amazing show i've ever seen. I still can not believe the way they lit the torch. Truly amazing.

Vancouver and London as you say have work cut out for them but it's not a secret those two, esspicially Canada, wouldn't be able to come close. China put in like $400 million into last night. The money they invest into sports over whelms England or Canada but most importantly, their technology is far and beyond what they have.

I was watching Canada and China's Women's soccer go at it this afternoon during my workout. Man, Canada was effing China's #%^$#! up. The game was tied, but man, so many little chinese girls crying on the ground. I almost felt bad. ;)

Nice. If you don't mind me asking, where do you live in Syracuse? My family lived in Baldwinsville for 25 years and then we moved over to Buffalo in 2002.

West side suburbs, Town of Geddes. I'm about a mile, as the crow flies, from the Fairgrounds.

That was simply spectacular.. Especially in High Def... The 2008 drums, phenomenal. The 150' computer screen... Man I need that... But to me the dancing boxes was out of this world. I was beyond stunned to learn that wasn't computer generated, but rather had a person in each box... Are you kidding me??? That was like nothing I have ever seen. The torch lighting was just the capper on what will probably be viewed as one of the GREATEST theatrical performances of all time. 26,000 different players and no one being used twice... INCREDIBLE...

How the hell could those guys run at full speed in the darkness, not run into each other and form what appeared to be a perfect circle each time??? Stunning choreography...

My only gripe was NBC going field-level so much. That display was intended to be witnessed from above. Everytime they cut to the field level, it ruined the effect. Same with the fireworks at the end... I hope the aerial-only view of those performances will be on youtube eventually.

I have 40-60 people coming over around 4PM and the monsoon that has been going on since 9AM this morning is not letting up. I don't even give a crap that it is 60 degrees, at least people could throw jeans and a sweatshirt on and sit outside if it stops pouring.

This summer has had a huge suck factor to it.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

I have 40-60 people coming over around 4PM and the monsoon that has been going on since 9AM this morning is not letting up. I don't even give a crap that it is 60 degrees, at least people could throw jeans and a sweatshirt on and sit outside if it stops pouring.

This summer has had a huge suck factor to it.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

Suppose to go see Ted Nugent at the fair tonight but if it keeps raining I think I am gonna pass..

That was simply spectacular.. Especially in High Def... The 2008 drums, phenomenal. The 150' computer screen... Man I need that... But to me the dancing boxes was out of this world. I was beyond stunned to learn that wasn't computer generated, but rather had a person in each box... Are you kidding me??? That was like nothing I have ever seen. The torch lighting was just the capper on what will probably be viewed as one of the GREATEST theatrical performances of all time. 26,000 different players and no one being used twice... INCREDIBLE...

How the hell could those guys run at full speed in the darkness, not run into each other and form what appeared to be a perfect circle each time??? Stunning choreography...

My only gripe was NBC going field-level so much. That display was intended to be witnessed from above. Everytime they cut to the field level, it ruined the effect. Same with the fireworks at the end... I hope the aerial-only view of those performances will be on youtube eventually.

What is real?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/otherspor...ints-faked.html

Archived