Enduring video mystery

PASabreFan

At 3:37. After a series of very quick cuts, the video lingers on this guy, right before the shot of Sugar Packets getting to his feet.

I asked before. No answer. I still wake up at night, sweating, tossing and turning, the pain in my chest so crushing, the faces coming in and out, in and out...

At 3:37. After a series of very quick cuts, the video lingers on this guy, right before the shot of Sugar Packets getting to his feet.

I asked before. No answer. I still wake up at night, sweating, tossing and turning, the pain in my chest so crushing, the faces coming in and out, in and out...

The guy in the red jersey... no clue

The white jersey with red shoulders? It doesn't look like the picture is anywhere near old enough, but did either of the Knox brothers play hockey when they were younger? I can't really tell if it looks much like either of them though.

I still have no idea, but I did make this screen grab for people to look at without watching the video every time:

post-733-1217469564_thumbpng

I cannot quite make out the print on the jersey. If we could get that, it may help identify him.

As far as I can tell, that is deffinately not one of the Knoxes nor SPG.

I think it's ToddKaz. No--in all seriousness, I've seen that video before, and I don't recall that image, which lasts 2-3 times as long as every other still in the video. I suspect, but don't know, and can't prove, that it's a youtube user who inserted a vanity photo into the video.

I think it's ToddKaz. No--in all seriousness, I've seen that video before, and I don't recall that image, which lasts 2-3 times as long as every other still in the video. I suspect, but don't know, and can't prove, that it's a youtube user who inserted a vanity photo into the video.

That's as good an explanation as any. The lingering on the shot, its position near the end would suggest someone of great importance. And it's no one even the diehardiest fan can name, so... (And it's not Goli, since he is on record as saying he never liked hockey, or knew much about it, or something to that effect.)

That's as good an explanation as any. The lingering on the shot, its position near the end would suggest someone of great importance. And it's no one even the diehardiest fan can name, so... (And it's not Goli, since he is on record as saying he never liked hockey, or knew much about it, or something to that effect.)

It isn't Golisano. Color photos were rare when he was the age of the kid in the photo, and no, I'm not being cruel.

By the way, while searching for similar vids to try to compare, I came across

freakin' gem of Sabs highlights set to The Who. Awesome. Great band, great hockey. If only Keith Moon had started a doughnut chain....

Trivia question: without searching, what is the name of The Who song in the video?

Too easy... (ON EDIT...wait, DarkSab, I can't do that to you. It's "too easy" for me, 'cause I like that band. It's not "too easy" generally, and you're on the right track.)

Too easy... (ON EDIT...wait, DarkSab, I can't do that to you. It's "too easy" for me, 'cause I like that band. It's not "too easy" generally, and you're on the right track.)

I looked it up and felt like an idiot. I knew what it was, I just always brain fart on it.

I'm not gonna say it though, don't wanna ruin the fun. B-)

I looked it up and felt like an idiot. I knew what it was, I just always brain fart on it.

I'm not gonna say it though, don't wanna ruin the fun. B-)

Here's the hockey-related hint for everyone else out there...the song shares a "surname" with a certain much-hated Bruin of the same era. Spelled differently.

Here's the hockey-related hint for everyone else out there...the song shares a "surname" with a certain much-hated Bruin of the same era. Spelled differently.

I really wish there was some guy on the Bruins named Baba. Yeah, its not a surname, but whatever. If they Yankees can have a Jaba, the Bruins can have a Baba.

NOT Teenage Wasteland. But I can never remember what it's actually titled.

I always no that it's not Teenage Wasteland, but only actually recall the real name about half the time. I'm always like "ahhh ... wait ... no ... it's on the tip of my tongue ..."

I seem to remember it being a friend of Golisano's who loved hockey, but has passed away.

That could be it, but the image doesn't really belong there. I mean, who would get it?

Maybe someone could message the dude who put up the video.

This is starting to weigh on me. I never did go to bed last night. I've been chain-smoking Camels and drinking Peach Schnapps for 12 hours.

I still have no idea, but I did make this screen grab for people to look at without watching the video every time:

post-733-1217469564_thumbpng

I cannot quite make out the print on the jersey. If we could get that, it may help identify him.

As far as I can tell, that is deffinately not one of the Knoxes nor SPG.

SPG?

Archived