Anybody know if alternate jerseys will return this year?

frisky

Has anybody heard or read anything about whether the alternate third jerseys will be coming back this year? IIRC last year, it was mentioned that they could return after this last season. They wanted all the teams to roll out their new threads which limited everyone to home and aways last year. I haven't heard much but I haven't done any digging either.

Some teams have, at least indirectly through sales channels, confirmed they will have third jerseys. The rumor for the sabres is that the will have a third and it will be the same as the '06-'07 third, but recolored to match the blue of the home/away slug jerseys (i.e., navy instead of royal.) Should look really good if it's true.

Some teams have, at least indirectly through sales channels, confirmed they will have third jerseys. The rumor for the sabres is that the will have a third and it will be the same as the '06-'07 third, but recolored to match the blue of the home/away slug jerseys (i.e., navy instead of royal.) Should look really good if it's true.

Larry just said it will be unveiled at an open practice in September

Larry just said it will be unveiled at an open practice in September

Awesome. They did such a great job with the last unveiling that I'll be on pins and needles until this one is released. :thumbdown:

I am officially uniformed-out. Talk about a sign of the times. Money-grubbing scum.
NEVER thought i'd say this, but i agree with PA.

They could play naked...and all this talk about Miller letting in softies will stop. :ph34r:

Guest Sloth
They could play naked...and all this talk about Miller letting in softies will stop. :ph34r:

LMAO!!!! That shiit caught me off guard! :lol:

:w00t: All right been lurking and mostly reading, games defintely coming back around and into shape......

Now,,, Thank you sir please may I have another :wallbash:

and just keep it up Mister with training camp looming in 7 or so weeks and you'll be there. :thumbsup:

New third jersey to be released on September 20th at an open practice at HSBC.

My prediction: they make a big announcement like "here are your 2008-09 third jerseys" and a few guys skate out in the slug jersey. The crowd looks around it confusion. Then, they yell "and here are your 2008-09 home and away jerseys!!" The rest of the team skates out in the Winter Classic whites and recolored throwback blues. The crowd goes nuts!

My prediction: they make a big announcement like "here are your 2008-09 third jerseys" and a few guys skate out in the slug jersey. The crowd looks around it confusion. Then, they yell "and here are your 2008-09 home and away jerseys!!" The rest of the team skates out in the Winter Classic whites and recolored throwback blues. The crowd goes nuts!

I could deal with the slug as a third jersey.

you wear whites at home against your division now.

Thanks for the reminder of another GREAT Quinny brainstorm. This is a fantastic idea so that I don't forget that Ottawa, Montreal, Boston and Toronto are in the Sabres division. Maybe they can use those overhead projectors to spell out the word hockey, so that I don't get mixed up and think that I am at a Disney on Ice show.. Can they also put a stamp on my forehead with the words "Labatt Blue" so that if I become forgetful as I approach the vendor, we knows what to give me. <_<

Now that is just amazing and to hard to believe :(

If the 3rd jersey's will in fact be the vintage in new colors, that will be the one I buy this year... otherwise, I will buy the vintage 3rd version from 06 from eBay...

you are correct -- original crossed sabres logo, new navy blue color scheme...not sure how I feel about it -- I really prefer the royal blue..but as long as we get back to the conf. finals, who cares what they look like...

you are correct -- original crossed sabres logo, new navy blue color scheme...not sure how I feel about it -- I really prefer the royal blue..but as long as we get back to the conf. finals, who cares what they look like...

...as long as we can wear them for every home game in the ecf's.

I know, now I'm just being greedy. :blush:

Archived