Miller Signs 5 year extension

WNY-Enforcer

What is it that you think you know ?

And what is it that you want to ask me ?

Because your question isn't very specific.

I left it vague to give you carte blanche to take it anywhere you want to go. Its simple, what do you expect from the team and what players are going to step up and what players aren't.

I'll reply with what I think I know when you post something worth my time.

You have proven only that he play with Pomenville and Hecht for one game in an 82 game season vs a top line .

The stats I have shown you are from an independent source covering the entire season and they show that overall he played against weak competition.

The ball is in your court , you made the claim that he is matched against the top lines.

Time for you to start showing some proof instead of hiding behind one game where he rode the coattails of Hecht and Pomenville.

Come on!

I am awarding you a Selke for feeblemind.

A case of retrograde amnesia? Explain your selective cognition.

http://forums.sabrespace.com/index.php...mp;#entry105194

You're stuck on one or two game aren't you ?

Well you put your fot in your own mouth.

Is somehing else stuck too, as in mental atrophy ?

I guess your behindthenet system works if you think Martin St. Louis is the 7th best forward on his team and Bryan Smolinski was Montreal's best 2 way forward.

My bad, I will award you the Lady Bing Brain.

I left it vague to give you carte blanche to take it anywhere you want to go. Its simple, what do you expect from the team and what players are going to step up and what players aren't.

I'll reply with what I think I know when you post something worth my time.

As far as the team it's too early I don't know if they are set yet.

On players :

All this depends on injuries and ice time as a factor

Sekera

On the Lgs for at this time last summer I forecasted that Sekera was going to be a fixture for Buffalo.

I think that bore out.

And again look for Sekera to continue to establish a bigger role.

MacArthur

MacArthur is a good two way player that Buffalo should have been working into the lineup.

I can see him developing into a 20 goal scorer.

Stafford

Stafford has progressed steadily and has more ability than Sabres fans give him credit for.

One ridiculous poster here in fact said has proven he's even worth $1.5 million

This is a player with the potential to have some 30 goal seasons in his career.

Why the Sabres aren't extending him before he makes the breakthrough is mind boggling to me

They might end up with egg on their faces again.

So those are 3 players that are at the stage where I expect them to make big jump.

The qualifier with MacArthur is he needs the opportunity.

We could see an AHL prospect given a chance.

Although Ruff has traditionally been slow to pull the trigger .

But if the offense starts racking up an inordinate number of games where the score 3 or less like last year he might have to.

all skating opponents +/- while on the ice minus all opponent's team +/- while off the ice

What does it mean? Who knows? It means to measure the quality of the opponents on the ice relative to their teamates. I can see some value in it, but what it really tells is how well, or inefficiently your coach is substituting you, esp. if you are a scorer. IE, if you are coaching Danny Briere you want the opp. score to be neg. to maximize his scoring chances.

And look at which line ran away with the +/- title for us back in 06-07. +/- is a horrible metric for quality of opponents.

As far as the team it's too early I don't know if they are set yet.

On players :

All this depends on injuries and ice time as a factor

Sekera

On the Lgs for at this time last summer I forecasted that Sekera was going to be a fixture for Buffalo.

I think that bore out.

And again look for Sekera to continue to establish a bigger role.

MacArthur

MacArthur is a good two way player that Buffalo should have been working into the lineup.

I can see him developing into a 20 goal scorer.

Stafford

Stafford has progressed steadily and has more ability than Sabres fans give him credit for.

One ridiculous poster here in fact said has proven he's even worth $1.5 million

This is a player with the potential to have some 30 goal seasons in his career.

Why the Sabres aren't extending him before he makes the breakthrough is mind boggling to me

They might end up with egg on their faces again.

So those are 3 players that are at the stage where I expect them to make big jump.

The qualifier with MacArthur is he needs the opportunity.

We could see an AHL prospect given a chance.

Although Ruff has traditionally been slow to pull the trigger .

But if the offense starts racking up an inordinate number of games where the score 3 or less like last year he might have to.

Sekera seems to be developing fine although it is far too early to call him a fixture.

MacArthur is a classic tweener, not good enough for the top two lines and doesn't bring the things that you would want from your third or fourth line. I'll be surprised if he is still here at the end of the year.

Stafford had a very good rookie season followed up by a disappointing sophomore season. I am sure you are aware he scored 11 of his 36 total points in 4 blow out victories. He will be given every opportunity to produce on the first line and if he does, I am sure they will extend him. It should be noted, they couldn't extend him till July 1st so there is still a chance of him being taken care of after Pominville.

That's classy. Throw some more insults at her bozo. Do you beat your wife too?
...and of course the irony went right over your head, as expected. :D

i heard from sds that "the b-rain" was shut down.

i suspect he'll be back. as sds rightly indicated, though: he shouldn't be hard to spot.

it's a bit of a shame that the kid (and he is just a kid, regardless of what date might appear on his birth certificate) has an (online) personality disorder - he clearly has some gears cranking in his skull as well as a passion (or something like a passion anyway) for the team.

it's a bit of a shame that the kid (and he is just a kid, regardless of what date might appear on his birth certificate) has an (online) personality disorder - he clearly has some gears cranking in his skull as well as a passion (or something like a passion anyway) for the team.

It's the classic "it's not what you say, but how you say it." Even when he's right, he comes off in such a way that you want to prove him wrong. And when he's wrong ... :angry:

i suspect he'll be back. as sds rightly indicated, though: he shouldn't be hard to spot.

Of course he was shut down. Don't rock the boat. He's probably at Gitmo right now.

Sekera seems to be developing fine although it is far too early to call him a fixture.

MacArthur is a classic tweener, not good enough for the top two lines and doesn't bring the things that you would want from your third or fourth line. I'll be surprised if he is still here at the end of the year.

Stafford had a very good rookie season followed up by a disappointing sophomore season. I am sure you are aware he scored 11 of his 36 total points in 4 blow out victories. He will be given every opportunity to produce on the first line and if he does, I am sure they will extend him. It should be noted, they couldn't extend him till July 1st so there is still a chance of him being taken care of after Pominville.

Last season was the first time Stafford had to deal with injuries. Hopefully in the future he will learn to deal with the injuries a little better and not allow them to effect his game as much. Injuries are a daily part of life in the NHL and he will have to play through them and still produce. I like Stafford, but when trade ideas get thrown around he is at the top of the list as far as prospects I would deal.

I get the impression that you might just be the type that has a good reason to be sore there.

post-733-1216738576_thumbgif

Why can't I get this stupid button to work?

I browse over at LGS occasionally and have seen the talk about you and I always thought they were being overly hard on a poster with strong opinions in regards to you. However, comments like this have no place here. You have been rude, abusive and childish and should have no place here. If you want to argue your hockey opinions, by all means feel free to stick to your guns. You won't be strongly liked if you continue that way (and will likely be ignored by many people) but they are your opinions and you are entitled to them. If you want to say things like the above quote, take it somewhere else, please.

Edit: Sorry, I started this post and was called away to a phone call. I missed the 5 or 6 posts that came in between when I started and when I posted.

Also, PA, I respect you and your opinions. Always have. However, there is a difference between banning someone with differing opinions and banning someone that was rude and childish as this person obviously was. He has had a series of bans from multiple boards. It is obvious this guy has a problem and it is not just here.

Its the classic internet tough guy syndrome. You have a point to make, that's fine, but the over the top, constant insults are just plain pathetic. When people like that pop up, it just goes to show how well we have things on this board. There are plenty of differing opinions, but in general, there seems to be a mutual respect around here with most posters... well, except inkman and those freakish calves.

Of course he was shut down. Don't rock the boat. He's probably at Gitmo right now.

i don't have much to add to what weasel said above on this point. suffice to say: boat-rockers don't get shut down (to wit: tom webster), but inveterately abusive a-holes do.

Archived