Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

ok, why have a new thread every Thursday? Why not open and close one thread? Sometimes, mega threads can be entertaining for new people and the posts/thread views encourage people to participate.

So wait, you run the place and you're wondering why something happens here? That seems like something worthy of complaining about.

So wait, you run the place and you're wondering why something happens here? That seems like something worthy of complaining about.

Although complaint Thursday was originally my idea (or was it Tuesday?), LB picked up the ball and ran with it here...

I'm pretty sure tehre is something here that we can use to open and close posts by date/time. i'll have to look.

Although complaint Thursday was originally my idea (or was it Tuesday?), LB picked up the ball and ran with it here...

I'm pretty sure tehre is something here that we can use to open and close posts by date/time. i'll have to look.

...and merge all the old threads while you are at it. :thumbsup:

I thought the ending was perfect.

Indeed. The key moment involved a product made in my neck of the woods!

crusho, I know what you mean. But a happily ever after ending wouldn't have been right. All old Walt was trying to do was give the kids a chance.

But, yeah, I kind of think it would be tough to get a conviction on all of those thugs -- witnesses would have to testify, you'd have the self-defense theory etc. And wouldn't another gang just move in to fill the void?

Loved the movie though.

crusho, I know what you mean. But a happily ever after ending wouldn't have been right. All old Walt was trying to do was give the kids a chance.

But, yeah, I kind of think it would be tough to get a conviction on all of those thugs -- witnesses would have to testify, you'd have the self-defense theory etc. And wouldn't another gang just move in to fill the void?

Loved the movie though.

SPOILER ALERT

One:

The ongoing MJ saturation. There's nothing more important out there to cover? Iraq? Afghanistan? Economics? Government spending? Nope. Here, have more Jackson!

Two:

My cheap ass employer and my Dilbert-esque days. I write software all day on a 17" monitor that doesn't work right all of the time. I asked for a bigger one and - quite literally - got chuckled at and then denied because of budgetary reasons. Along the way, they hinted that I just wanted nicer techie toys. During all of this, a big 30" flat panel shows up on the desk of one of the graphics girls that works three days a week at the office.

My next logical question was, "well I guess I can start working from the home office too, my equipment is better there." Nope. I need to be here during "core hours" and telecommuting "doesn't work for us." Graphics girl is in my same damn 8 person group. Same manager.

Seriously? Seriously? Scott Adams couldn't make crap like this up. Can't help but laugh at it.

It would be great if it could some how be connected to the clock too. If I can't complain immediately at midnight, I'll have yet another thing to complain about.

I guess it depends on whether or not it's one of those people who thinks that you have to yell into a cell phone if you want to be heard.

Exactly, there is a huge difference betwen normal conversation face to face and the idiot that can't grasp the concept that their voice is amplified into the ear of the person they are speaking with on the phone. Annoying as hell. :censored:

Another annoying cell phone habit is the people that wear the bluetooth ear roach thingies at ALL TIMES. We had a girl show up for an interview with one of those in her ear. She wore it for the entire interview. Are you freaking kidding me?

Loved the movie though.

Thanks PA.

Next you'll tell me Dumbledore dies.

Another annoying cell phone habit is the people that wear the bluetooth ear roach thingies at ALL TIMES. We had a girl show up for an interview with one of those in her ear. She wore it for the entire interview. Are you freaking kidding me?

Blue Tooth=Loser (I'm on a big equals sign kick today)

I guess I can forgive people using them in their vehicles but if you walk around with one, you need to re-evaluate your life choices.

• Like (+1) 1

Loved the movie though.

PASabreFan, have we met before?

Back in 1999, I was in Amherst buying tickets for a movie I was very excited to see. You were leaving the threatre as I was pulling my money out and you loudly exclaimed to your buddy, "I can't belive Bruce Willis was dead the entire time!"

Back in 1999, I was in Amherst buying tickets for a movie I was very excited to see. You were leaving the threatre as I was pulling my money out and you loudly exclaimed to your buddy, "I can't belive Bruce Willis was dead the entire time!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Yeah, I must have bumped into him at another flick. I was taking a girl to see Titanic and on my way in I passed someone who declared, "I can't believe the boat sank." I was pissed.

Oh nice, I was waiting for the 10 year anniversary dvd to come out to finally watch that movie.

What industry? If it was any type of "businessy" interview, she probably thought it made her look sophisticated and ready to go get 'em. in reality, it just make her look like she feels overly important. Take it out. You're not that important. No one needs to get ahold of you that bad.

Cell phone etiquette needs to get better. Period. Ever miss what a guy said on an elevator, say "excuse me?", and then realize he's talking into a Bluetooth piece? My personal favorite is the dude that scowls at you in the hallway because you're being too loud for his phone conversation.

Yeah, I must have bumped into him at another flick. I was taking a girl to see Titanic and on my way in I passed someone who declared, "I can't believe the boat sank." I was pissed.

If only he had told you to find a better way to spend the next 3 hours. But hey, at least you attempted to cover your tracks by saying you brought a girl to the movie.

Blue Tooth=Loser (I'm on a big equals sign kick today)

I guess I can forgive people using them in their vehicles but if you walk around with one, you need to re-evaluate your life choices.

Thank you.

A handful of people I work with walk around with a blue tooth or some hands-free thing attached to their ear....like they're THAT important. That kick was over a year or so ago.

I was watching and waiting.

To see my post total hit 2,000.

I look over and see it's at 2,002.

I missed it.

Crap.

A moment of my life I'll never be able to recreate.

:cry: :cry:

You and the Juice. Sighhhh.

I missed it.

Crap.

I missed my vehicle passing 100,000 miles. I feel your pain... :cry:

I missed it.

Crap.

I'm sure the mods can fix that for you. Or SDS can crash the system for you.