Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

I realized. I traded in Rick for HD.

Not only was the HD quality worth it, but the Chicago station feed showed the fan contest between periods. A woman in a low cut dress scored a goal from center ice, and in jumping in celebration, came right out of the top of her dress. I love HD.

Not only was the HD quality worth it, but the Chicago station feed showed the fan contest between periods. A woman in a low cut dress scored a goal from center ice, and in jumping in celebration, came right out of the top of her dress. I love HD.

The MSG feed *sucked* last night. I dropped it in favor of the HD feed as well. That woman was a bit of a twit. That's not to say I wouldn't boink her, but she was a twit.

I fast forwarded through the period breaks because I was watching the game late and apparently missed a girl fall out of her top.

Atlanta locals calling 34 degrees "bitter cold." Homos.

And, as always, Sean Hannity. Just give me the weather and traffic. I don't want to hear "important news the mainstream media ignores."

And, as always, McJeff215 complaining about a great American, Sean Hannity.

Oh, lest I forget, the Old Gray Lady...

If you really want to catch Atlanta traffic without listening to the Hannitizer himself, why don't you listen to 93.3 or 104.7? Just throwing out options. Better yet, if you have an iPhone or Blackberry, look up traffic.com

If you really want to catch Atlanta traffic without listening to the Hannitizer himself, why don't you listen to 93.3 or 104.7? Just throwing out options. Better yet, if you have an iPhone or Blackberry, look up traffic.com

Pretty sure that is the first (and likely last) time I have ever seen the phrases "a great American" and "Sean Hannity" in the same sentence. Unless those two phrases were flipped and separated by the words "is not"...

Where do you come up with these things?

I really love how bad weather creates bad roads, which for some strange reason serves as a beacon for every crappy driver to jump in their car and drive like an idiot the whole way.

This proves your point. The Trucker published a story about it. Obviously this should not have happened. K-Town isn't exactly one of my favorite towns to drive through, but this is not the main reason why.

Because 750 has the best traffic coverage that I've heard?

On the topic of Hannity, it's not his views I can't stomach, it's his delivery. It's all so extremely one sided and they pitch as the "right side of the issues." Anyone that disagrees with him is a dirty, stinking, sub-human "lib" that doesn't understand the concept of freedom. I hate that polarizing crap, from either side. Michael Moore and Sean Hannity come from the same toolbox. It's all so negative. Obama could cure AIDS and Hannity would find something wrong with his approach.

Some of the stuff he's done deserves to be commended, like the scholarships for the military families. That's great!

Because 750 has the best traffic coverage that I've heard?

On the topic of Hannity, it's not his views I can't stomach, it's his delivery. It's all so extremely one sided and they pitch as the "right side of the issues." Anyone that disagrees with him is a dirty, stinking, sub-human "lib" that doesn't understand the concept of freedom. I hate that polarizing crap, from either side. Michael Moore and Sean Hannity come from the same toolbox. It's all so negative. Obama could cure AIDS and Hannity would find something wrong with his approach.

Some of the stuff he's done deserves to be commended, like the scholarships for the military families. That's great!

Well, thanks for pointing this stuff out. At least you were nice enough to give him accolades where they're due.

Conversely, there could be a paleoconservative who does something to benefit everyone, and yet someone like Randi Rhodes would find the means to vilify them. After all, in her eyes, Jerry Falwell could do nothing right. (I am becoming less and less of a Falwell clan supporter, given some theological issues I would rather not discuss, but I mention JF Sr. only for the sake or argument.)

Well, thanks for pointing this stuff out. At least you were nice enough to give him accolades where they're due.

Conversely, there could be a paleoconservative who does something to benefit everyone, and yet someone like Randi Rhodes would find the means to vilify them. After all, in her eyes, Jerry Falwell could do nothing right. (I am becoming less and less of a Falwell clan supporter, given some theological issues I would rather not discuss, but I mention JF Sr. only for the sake or argument.)

Yeah, no problem. Those Freedom concerts aren't my cup of tea, but the money clearly goes to a very very worthy cause. Everyone deserves credit for doing that type of thing.

When I bring him up, everyone usually thinks that I'm a far-lefty. That's not the case at all. I just really have a problem with people that are, again, that polarizing. He's not doing a lot to help the traditional conservative values of self-sufficiency and limited government. Most people that listen to that show day in and day out already fully subscribe to those ideals. They nod their heads in agreement. If he truly wants to help the cause he seems so passionate about, it would do him some good to drop the rhetoric down a bit and move a bit more to the center.

Instead, he plays it safe with the listener base he has.

I also find it irritating that WSB plays all of those "Sean Hannity, on the right side of the issues. Quality election coverage" promo spots, and then Hannity goes on to rant about mainstream media bias. His show is political commentary. It's not a newscast. Leading a listener to believe it may be is just as biased.

Yeah, no problem. Those Freedom concerts aren't my cup of tea, but the money clearly goes to a very very worthy cause. Everyone deserves credit for doing that type of thing.

When I bring him up, everyone usually thinks that I'm a far-lefty. That's not the case at all. I just really have a problem with people that are, again, that polarizing. He's not doing a lot to help the traditional conservative values of self-sufficiency and limited government. Most people that listen to that show day in and day out already fully subscribe to those ideals. They nod their heads in agreement. If he truly wants to help the cause he seems so passionate about, it would do him some good to drop the rhetoric down a bit and move a bit more to the center.

Instead, he plays it safe with the listener base he has.

I also find it irritating that WSB plays all of those "Sean Hannity, on the right side of the issues. Quality election coverage" promo spots, and then Hannity goes on to rant about mainstream media bias. His show is political commentary. It's not a newscast. Leading a listener to believe it may be is just as biased.

I'm glad you cleared some things up. This was very helpful.

On the other hand, I don't expect you to cease with your weekly complaints against Hannity.

Whenever I've listened to him, he has made me think sometimes. However, his confrontational style can be somewhat grating. Could be worse, though. You could listen to Michael Savage. That guy goes way over the top for my conservative tastes and he does so on a regular basis.

I'm completely fed up with the snow, ice and frigid temps.

I'm really tired of people making more work for me because they don't want to do their jobs or don't know how.

I really hate when you ask for basic advice or recommendations on something computer-related and someone has to come in with an uber-technical response on how to build your own computer, router and OS.

I guess that's three complaints but I don't really care.

Complaint #1 - Phone books. First of all, does anyone use them anymore? They're a waste of paper these days. Second, we get one delivered every so often (every 6 months, I think) and when they delivered the latest one last week, it got buried in the snow in my driveway, so I never saw it. As I ran my snowblower through the driveway, I ran over it and it subsequently got stuck in the rotors - I had to finish my driveway with a shovel, then wait a day or so to wiggle it out. :censored:

Complaint #2 - Why does everyone I work with need to hold a conversation (that I'm not involved in) next to my desk...especially when I'm actually trying to work or on the phone? :censored:

Again. Harry Neale. He's getting brutal-er by the game. Last night he had a shot from above the circles pegged at 21 feet. Unless I am getting deef. Then there was the required ancient joke about apathy/ignorance ("I don't know and I don't care). AND he gave the win to the Lightning with way too much time left. Still, for him, it came very late. Usually it comes with about 13 minutes to go.