More Moves today

slapshot1619

Got this nice link to free agent signings at TSN:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?id=11353

Anyone have some others to bookmark?

cool, thanks ... on another note, that Allouettes logo on the right side of that page is actually not bad, when did they switch to that? I am behind on my CFL logos ... then again, the Ti-Cats apparently have the same one from the 1960s ...

I'm kind of trying to keep this thread going as a "wavier/buyout discussion thread"....anyway Todd Bertuzzi is on waivers today. Would he be a fit for the Sabres? Will we do anything this offseason? Honestly?

As much as the 04 incident damaged his image, I think he would still be a good pick up for the Sabres as long as his ongoing court battles don't interfere with his mental game. His numbers have been consistently good over the last 10 years and he would definitely bring some toughness to the Sabres. Although he doesn't fill our need for a face off winning Center, he would at least add some grit.

Calgary is busy signing some UFA's before Tuesday:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241820&lid...os=secStory_nhl

The Calgary Flames announced Friday that the team has re-signed centres Craig Conroy and Daymond Langkow, left wing Eric Nystrom and goaltender Curtis McElhinney.

"Conroy and Langkow are two of our top centremen who are strong role models for our team both on and off the ice," said GM Darryl Sutter in a statement. "Especially with more young wingers in our line-up next season, their experience and leadership will be important. We are happy to be able to make it work by fitting them into our salary structure."

As much as the 04 incident damaged his image, I think he would still be a good pick up for the Sabres as long as his ongoing court battles don't interfere with his mental game. His numbers have been consistently good over the last 10 years and he would definitely bring some toughness to the Sabres. Although he doesn't fill our need for a face off winning Center, he would at least add some grit.

I don't think the court battles have really been a problem for him, its the injuries the last couple years that have really kept him from performing.

Betweenthepipes00 - Thats the logo the Al's have used since coming into (or is it back into) the league a little while ago.

"Conroy and Langkow are two of our top centremen who are strong role models for our team both on and off the ice," said GM Darryl Sutter in a statement. "Especially with more young wingers in our line-up next season, their experience and leadership will be important. We are happy to be able to make it work by fitting them into our salary structure."[/i]

I said it in another thread, but with Cammalleri, they are definitely over-loaded down the middle. Lombardi is small and fast (I think it was TW that said we have enough of that), just how Darcy likes 'em, and the Flames may be willing to deal him. Couldn't be worse than counting on the Connolly/Hecht combo.

I said it in another thread, but with Cammalleri, they are definitely over-loaded down the middle. Lombardi is small and fast (I think it was TW that said we have enough of that), just how Darcy likes 'em, and the Flames may be willing to deal him. Couldn't be worse than counting on the Connolly/Hecht combo.

I wouldn't be surprised if they slide him over to the left wing though, especially since they're going to lose Huselius and have already lost Tanguay. Still, I wouldn't mind it if we swapped Lombardi for the tin man.

Totally bummed... This is the guy I wanted...

I'd love to have Carter, too, but I don't think I would want to throw 5M at a second line center. I'd much rather have a Stoll at around 3.5-4M, if that's enough to lure him away from Edmonton.

I wouldn't take him if he played for free. Let the Bills be the team full of scumbags not the Sabres.

I wouldn't take him if he played for free. Let the Bills be the team full of scumbags not the Sabres.

On this I agree. I have no use for Bertuzzi and would be disgusted if I had to root for him on the Sabres.

Archived