More Moves today

slapshot1619

Is anyone else starting to think the Sabres are going to have to waive Max or keep him? If the leafs could not find anyone to take a flier on Wellwood, who is going to take Max at his salary? Just sayin ... they may have to just throw him into a bigger deal, he can't have much value given what is going on ... and there's really no point buying him out because the whole cap hit would be this year, it's the only year left on the deal ... I'd almost rather they pay him the $3.5 million and hope he starts fast so they can move him than buy him out for $2.2 million ... almost ...

Mcgrattan from OTT to PHO

Stumpel Waived from FLA

I'm somewhat surprised by Stumpel. The guy can really pass pretty well but he can't shoot.

With Jokkinen gone they have lost a lot of size up front. (I'm still scratching my head about that, Jacques Martin must

have hate-hate hate hated him.)

Is anyone else starting to think the Sabres are going to have to waive Max or keep him? If the leafs could not find anyone to take a flier on Wellwood, who is going to take Max at his salary? Just sayin ... they may have to just throw him into a bigger deal, he can't have much value given what is going on ... and there's really no point buying him out because the whole cap hit would be this year, it's the only year left on the deal ... I'd almost rather they pay him the $3.5 million and hope he starts fast so they can move him than buy him out for $2.2 million ... almost ...

As bad as a year as he had you cant waive a player who is 1 season removed from 2 65 plus point seasons..lol....Its not gonna happen..If he cant be traded for a player or in a package he will be here next year...

As bad as a year as he had you cant waive a player who is 1 season removed from 2 65 plus point seasons..lol....Its not gonna happen..If he cant be traded for a player or in a package he will be here next year...

What would you all think of a Max for Joni Pitkanen deal?

Would probably be a decent move. Someone we could toss in right away, not a bad hit for price either (be saving about 1 million). I like the fact that he's a shooter. Close to 500 shots in 4 season. Only second to spacek in points comparison from last season and he's still young so probably has potential to get better. He did decline last season on the oilers but had good numbers while on Philly.

Why not.

I agree, that was kind of my point, that we better start to prepare oursleves for the possibility that he will be back because they are going to have more trouble moving him than we think.

Would Lowe do that? If they can get anyone who can skate a regular shift in the NHL this season I think I would like it.

I agree, that was kind of my point, that we better start to prepare oursleves for the possibility that he will be back because they are going to have more trouble moving him than we think.

Would Lowe do that? If they can get anyone who can skate a regular shift in the NHL this season I think I would like it.

Maybe that's not a bad thing. I think most would agree that Max's value is pretty low right now. Maybe a strong start to the season for Max would raise his value. He has never been a bad attitude guy so there wouldn't be a problem in the locker room. The Sabres could then deal him before or at the trade deadline and maybe reap a larger return. Who knows, maybe the new Russian hockey league will make him a big offer?

Take Wade Dubielewicz off the list of potential Sabres backup goalies next year...he's going overseas per thehockeynews.com:

NY Islanders Wade Dubielewicz Signed with the Ak Bars Kazan of the Russian League.

I wonder who gets the starting job there, Esche or Dubie?

we might as well keep him this year. His value is super low, and this is his contract year. And we all know what that means, players play out of their mind in contract years.

Yeah, Campbell really tore it up last year. Oh wait...

I wonder who gets the starting job there, Esche or Dubie?

If I'm not mistaken that's where Mika is as well.

It's all coming together, setting up a Noronen return to HSBC Arena...

Good point. Making the All-Star game, again, and setting yourself up as the most sought after defenseman on July 1st ireflects his season's horrible performance, right? That poor bastard is barely going to make $5 million or more!

His playoff performance is going to weigh on a lot of buyers' minds, though.

as per TSN:

PRAGUE, Czech Republic - Martin Straka has decided to leave the NHL and return to his former Czech club, a Czech team official said Thursday

edit: Straka denies he's signed anything and waits for July 1 to test the US market. ahh, the color of money...

Archived