(OT) Bandits playing in championship game

JohnRobertEichel

Update on ticket sales for the game:

13K as of this morning and 17K expected by Friday afternoon. So if you're waiting to buy tickets until the start of the game, you may end up out of luck. Just a friendly warning :thumbsup: .

yea when i went on the site to buy them last night, all they had for 2 together was in the 300's..... which kinda sucks <_<

I was never much of a Paul Peck fan when I was living in WNY, but his anti-Bandits comments put the icing on the cake...<_<

What a dum@$$. He basically just said, "Hey, Buffalo, you suck and I'm just trying to make you feel worse because you're actually going to get a championship." And then he goes on to say, "Tell me how you feel about this."

:wallbash: :death:

I do agree on some counts that it wouldn't get Buffalo the national attention like winning the Cup or the Super Bowl would, but gimme a break.

What channel is espn 360 on

It's a website available only to customers of certain ISP's...

LINK

Click on the first link and it will redirect you to a page that tells you whether your ISP is supported.

Sully wrote something in his column about the game that I thought was dead on ... while I think we can all agree it's not nearly the same as the Sabres or Bills winning ...

The Bandits had captured their fourth championship and first since 1996, and the home crowd rose in thunderous celebration. Looking down, I was struck by how many kids were in the crowd. No doubt, it seemed like a major triumph to them.

That sounds corny and trite, but it is true ... I remember when I was a kid the Stallions were just as important to me ... I remember going CRAZY in the second row of the lower golds after they beat the great New York Arrows (Steve Zungal, Bronko Sagota, etc) 8-4 to clinch a playoff spot ... I remember the MISL All-Star game coming to Buffalo and it seeming like a HUGE deal and I was so pumped we got tickets, even if they were in Orange section 36 ... and I think the Stallions had a rookie make the team, I think his name was Germaine Iglesias or something like that ... and he hardly played and the crowd was chanting for him and they finally put him in and he scored, the place exploded ...

I'm not saying all these kids are going to play lacrosse and the game will take off ... I still can't stand outdoor soccer and I'm sure the only reason I liked indoor is because it was basically hockey with a ball and a bigger net. But then most Bills fans don't ever really play football either. It's still a cool memory for all those little kids.

Anyone else remember Iubo Petrovic? He was a "center" on the Stallions, they had some line that was like the French Connection ... but they were Slovenian or something and I can't remember the other guys' names ...

Sorry did not mean to hijack this and turn it into a Stallions thread, just saying people can say what they want but that stuff was cool to me as a kid so there are probably lots of happy little kids in Buffalo today .... so good for them. Go Bandits.

Archived