Any of you rooting for the Flyers

Swedesessed

Nope, no way in hell. Couldn't care less which former Sabres are on the Flyers.

Breaking it down, in order of "no way in hell" to "why not?":

Philly - The frigging Flyers. What more needs to be said?!? They skated the Cup around on our ice; the Broad Street Bullies, Bobby Clarke, the "Legion of Doom" (:rolleyes:) the constant degradation of the league as a result of the Flyers' knuckle-dragging goon techniques...no way in hell am I rooting for them.

Detroit - Dominik Hasek. And as a fan of Sakic/Forsberg and the Avs, I still harbor a lot of contempt for the Wings based on the Avs-Wings' wars.

Dallas - Skated the Cup around on our ice on a goal that in reality should have counted, but not in accordance with the rules in place at the time. Wouldn't mind seeing Barnes get his hands on the Cup.

Pittsburgh - In a two-word response that will surely ruffle Tooth's feathers - why not? It would be great for the league's marketing if Crosby and Malkin won the Cup; there is no one I really despise on that team; and I hope that a Cup win means guys get too expensive for the Pens to keep - meaning there would be a snowball's chance in hell of getting a shot at Ryan Malone. A Sabres fan can dream, right?

Nope, no way in hell. Couldn't care less which former Sabres are on the Flyers.

Breaking it down, in order of "no way in hell" to "why not?":

Philly - The frigging Flyers. What more needs to be said?!? They skated the Cup around on our ice; the Broad Street Bullies, Bobby Clarke, the "Legion of Doom" (:rolleyes:) the constant degradation of the league as a result of the Flyers' knuckle-dragging goon techniques...no way in hell am I rooting for them.

Detroit - Dominik Hasek. And as a fan of Sakic/Forsberg and the Avs, I still harbor a lot of contempt for the Wings based on the Avs-Wings' wars.

Dallas - Skated the Cup around on our ice on a goal that in reality should have counted, but not in accordance with the rules in place at the time. Wouldn't mind seeing Barnes get his hands on the Cup.

Pittsburgh - In a two-word response that will surely ruffle Tooth's feathers - why not? It would be great for the league's marketing if Crosby and Malkin won the Cup; there is no one I really despise on that team; and I hope that a Cup win means guys get too expensive for the Pens to keep - meaning there would be a snowball's chance in hell of getting a shot at Ryan Malone. A Sabres fan can dream, right?

Hmm if the Pens win, maybe they'll deem Ryan Malone and Brooks Orpik expendable.. Or maybe not.. I don't know, but I NEED those guys on the Sabres next year. They would fill so many holes.

NO. Screw BOTH PA teams as far as I'm concerned.

I'm now rooting for Stu Barnes and Dallas...

Me too.

If anyone would have told me before this playoffs began that I would be rooting for that team, I'd have told them they were nuts. Surprised the heck out of me to find myself cheering Richards' 4 point game. Who'd've thunk my dislike of Ron Wilson outweighed my dislike of sports teams from the city that brought us Leon Lett?

Me too.

If anyone would have told me before this playoffs began that I would be rooting for that team, I'd have told them they were nuts. Surprised the heck out of me to find myself cheering Richards' 4 point game. Who'd've thunk my dislike of Ron Wilson outweighed my dislike of sports teams from the city that brought us Leon Lett?

To me, without Hitchcock and Hull, they aren't even close to the team they were, and I so dislike the other teams that

to me it is an easy choice!

kinda. to echo some previous comments, now that clarke and hitchcock are kaput (them being the two biggest reasons i hated the phlyers), i kinda like their heart, willingness to hit (downie excluded, the bastard), and high motors. the sabres need character guys like theirs. if anyone remembers, i was very high on getting timonen last summer, but certainly didn't anticipate the aggressiveness that philly showed even before free agency began. if they can somehow separate themselves from hatcher, there will be absolutely no reason to hate the phlyers...except for the fans. i will never stop hating phlyer phans.

kinda. to echo some previous comments, now that clarke and hitchcock are kaput (them being the two biggest reasons i hated the phlyers), i kinda like their heart, willingness to hit (downie excluded, the bastard), and high motors. the sabres need character guys like theirs. if anyone remembers, i was very high on getting timonen last summer, but certainly didn't anticipate the aggressiveness that philly showed even before free agency began. if they can somehow separate themselves from hatcher, there will be absolutely no reason to hate the phlyers...except for the fans. i will never stop hating phlyer phans.

Except for '75, '78, '95, '97, and '00.

If they get past the Pens and the Stars don't get past Detroit, I'll be forced to hope the Wings win.

I am, and it feels sooo strange to say that...

Anyone else?

I, too, was embroiled with this internal struggle. This struggle came after I pulled for Boston in round 1. Wierd. I definitely found myself pulling for Philly because of Marty, and not so much Briere. I feel differently about guys who are traded out of town or are otherwise unwanted than I do about those who leave with more to give (I guess that can be argued about Briere, but that topic's been composted as we all know).

I definitely dislike Flyer fans, having lived amongst them for a few years.

I guess I didn't realize how much I don't like the Habs. It might stem from a playoff game I attended in the second round back in 1998. It was game 1, and these guys from Montreal were sitting in front of us. They were a little too demonstrative in their showboating when the Canadiens tied it in the 3rd to force overtime.

As far as the next round, I think I'm pulling for the Pens, but won't know for sure until I watch for a few minutes. Believe it or not, Brooks Orpik was on my little league baseball team in the early 90's. The connection starts and ends there, however.

I am, and it feels sooo strange to say that...

Anyone else?

You're kidding me, right? 4/20 was over two weeks ago. Someone needs to have you fill a bottle with the warm yellow stuff to make sure you don't have something in you system.

Go Pens! Win the Keystone War!!!

Archived