(OT) Bills 2008 NFL Draft Talk

Swedesessed

I would love to see the Bills draft DE Derrick Harvey or trade down and get some other picks and take one of the WR's available.

Thoughts?

They will #%^$#! something up, they seem to every year. They will make some boneheaded trade instead of loading up with all their picks. They better get a top 3 WR somewhere, and no midget either.

They will #%^$#! something up, they seem to every year. They will make some boneheaded trade instead of loading up with all their picks. They better get a top 3 WR somewhere, and no midget either.

They've been pretty solid the last couple years, and reading some of the articles posted on TBD, they seem to have their crap together. Plus they have something like 10 picks this draft, third-most overall, so I expect them to make a splash - maybe trade back in the first and pick up an extra third, and at the very least get a WR and some help at TE and in the defensive backfield.

The Bills have caused me way more tears then the Sabres I hope they get a gun and play like that dude in the one movie The Last Boyscout but except for bad stuff happening they win the superbowl and I can finally act like a person that has been part of a championship!

::scribed while under the influence::

Yup. although I seem to be pleasantly surprised every year by the Bills drafts. Then the reality sinks in around October/November <_< But the Sabres are on the ice at that point!

I wont be over analytical today, but I will be on Sabrespace during the draft, TBD will be too crazy, as always. I think there is afternoon hockey as well.

The Bills drafted a women beater. I guess that whole thing about character players is a bunch of BS. Maybe they can pick up a rapist and a pedofile in the third and fourth rounds.

I am active, but more of a lurker on TSW. Seems overall the Bills will be the worst team in their division. I'm not taking a cheapshot here, but I find it alittle ironic how TSW is in its 8th year, which was the last time they were in the playoffs. Go Bills! :ph34r:

FWIW I like the picks so far. I wish we could trade or draft a coaching staff though! Cowher?

I am active, but more of a lurker on TSW. Seems overall the Bills will be the worst team in their division. I'm not taking a cheapshot here, but I find it alittle ironic how TSW is in its 8th year, which was the last time they were in the playoffs. Go Bills! :ph34r:

FWIW I like the picks so far. I wish we could trade or draft a coaching staff though! Cowher?

How do you feel about having a player that struck a women and was accused of striking an infant?

How do you feel about having a player that struck a women and was accused of striking an infant?

You might be amused to know that I crreated quite a stir at the bowling alley last night when I pointed out that very thing when somebody came to tell me who they picked in the second round.

I feel a little better after reading this morning that they addressed the issue, but would have felt better if they picked someone else.

You might be amused to know that I crreated quite a stir at the bowling alley last night when I pointed out that very thing when somebody came to tell me who they picked in the second round.

I feel a little better after reading this morning that they addressed the issue, but would have felt better if they picked someone else.

This is one point I don't mind agreeing with you. There is no "addressing" violence against women and a child. It's an unforgivable offense. The Bills franchise has shamed themselves, the fans and all of WNY. I hope he has a short career and is off the Bills quickly. Striking a child and a women is a lot more then a "mistake". It shows he is less than a man and any fan who would try to excuse it away is just pathetic.

The Bills drafted a women beater. I guess that whole thing about character players is a bunch of BS. Maybe they can pick up a rapist and a pedofile in the third and fourth rounds.

To be consistent they must be arrested once and never arraigned, we at least expect consistency out of your expectations.

To be consistent they must be arrested once and never arraigned, we at least expect consistency out of your expectations.

College football players getting incidents swept under the rug is not unheard of. Arrested or arraigned, there were other players available to them that have never been arrested. I guess as long as he can catch some touchdowns who cares what he does off the field.

which one? i didnt hear that.

If it was a serious offense, he shouldnt even be in the draft, so speculations must be abound. <_< link?

Here is the Bills new stand up guy.

James Hardy!

"When police later arrived at the scene, Hardy?s girlfriend was found sitting across the street from the house crying, and her shirt was reportedly torn and she had marks on the side and back of her neck. "

I wonder if he told the Bills that she fell?

College football players getting incidents swept under the rug is not unheard of. Arrested or arraigned, there were other players available to them that have never been arrested. I guess as long as he can catch some touchdowns who cares what he does off the field.

It does look like he was arraigned.

But usually when referring to "character" they are talking about work ethic.

It does look like he was arraigned.

But usually when referring to "character" they are talking about work ethic.

Just another reason why I continue to drift away from being the NFL fan I was when I was younger. I used to be a huge NFL fan and loved the draft maybe more than the actual games. My dream was to be sitting in the gallery during the draft. As I get older I find my self more and more disappointed at what the NFL has become.

Guest Sloth
Just another reason why I continue to drift away from being the NFL fan I was when I was younger. I used to be a huge NFL fan and loved the draft maybe more than the actual games. My dream was to be sitting in the gallery during the draft. As I get older I find my self more and more disappointed at what the NFL has become.

I agree w/ you. I'm still a fan of the Bills, but I don't get pissed off anymore when they lose a game. It's not due to the fact they haven't made the playoffs since the 99/00 season. I feel the way I do because the NFL to a certain degree has become corrupt. The NFL has lost its appeal and image. To be honest, it has fallen to the same level the NBA is at, in my opinion. Even though the NHL had the lockout, I believe the NHL still has a good reputation and it is still very exciting to watch. I get pissed off when the Sabres lose a game and there are 82 regular season games! The Bills have 16 and when they lose,I'm just like, "ok, I have work tomorrow."

The Bills will be in Toronto when Ralph Wilson passes away anyways. The NFL wants to have a team in Toronto and the Bills are the team for it. So let me ask you guys this. Could you be a fan of the Toronto "Bills?" Would you still be a fan for the NFL? I could never root for another football team they way I have w/ the Bills. Once the Bills are gone, football is gone for me.

Go Sabres! The only team I still that excite me when the win, and the only team that ruins my day when they lose.

*My wife hates how much I love the Sabres. Any of you guys have that problem?

I agree w/ you. I'm still a fan of the Bills, but I don't get pissed off anymore when they lose a game. It's not due to the fact they haven't made the playoffs since the 99/00 season. I feel the way I do because the NFL to a certain degree has become corrupt. The NFL has lost its appeal and image. To be honest, it has fallen to the same level the NBA is at, in my opinion. Even though the NHL had the lockout, I believe the NHL still has a good reputation and it is still very exciting to watch. I get pissed off when the Sabres lose a game and there are 82 regular season games! The Bills have 16 and when they lose,I'm just like, "ok, I have work tomorrow."

The Bills will be in Toronto when Ralph Wilson passes away anyways. The NFL wants to have a team in Toronto and the Bills are the team for it. So let me ask you guys this. Could you be a fan of the Toronto "Bills?" Would you still be a fan for the NFL? I could never root for another football team they way I have w/ the Bills. Once the Bills are gone, football is gone for me.

Go Sabres! The only team I still that excite me when the win, and the only team that ruins my day when they lose.

*My wife hates how much I love the Sabres. Any of you guys have that problem?

I am the same in regards to your Bills temperment about losing; every win is like a bonus. One note on the franchise in general is they have the worst coaches on the planet for a long time now, after that is quarterbacks, after that.....

Will I be a Toronto Bills fan? no. I am a fan of the NFL, I think Goodell is great and I enjoy all the teams & their personalities for the most part. I would hope that the Toronto Bills will be just as bad as the Buff Bills, if that is possible :blink:

I have that bitter taste from MLB & the NBA. too many useless teams and little talents.

My wife does not watch any Sabres games; occasionally bitter if i get the big tv on certain nights, thats all. She just makes fun of some of the goofy names on the team, especially when RJ gets going.

Actually, it's the 10th year...

yeah, I need to change that... we finished 9 and are in to the 10th.

I give you alot of credit or patience for the stadium wall board. I have a hard time following after being around Sabrespace for awhile. All I can picture is an elevator with 15 people all talking at the same time seeing who is louder and first. It makes SS feel like a library annex.

I'm happy with the draft. I feel our 1st 3 picks were really good, especially James Hardy. Having a 6'6" WR will help big time in the red zone.

Without Hardy I give the Bills Draft a 'B-".

With Hardy I give it a 'D'. I just can't cheer for someone who strikes a women and child. I got a sick feeling when that pick was announced. The only thing that could be worse is the Sabres trading for Danny Heatly or the Bills trading for Larry Little.

Archived