(OT) Bills 2008 NFL Draft Talk

Swedesessed

I wouldn't want Ray Lewis on the Bills if he was in his prime playing for the league minimum.

There is no excuse for not showing the least amount of human decency. If Lynch was involved in anyway he belongs on the NFL garbage pile along with Hardy.

So if Lynch wasn't even in the car and just let his friends borrow it, you still want him gone?

I didn't mean to keep you waiting. If Lynch was in the vehicle, driver or passenger, I hope the Bills cut him. I know they wont. I just wish they would. To hit someone with your car and not be a decent enough human being to stop and make sure that person is OK is sickening. Another Bill with absolute zero character. Add this embarrassment to the long list of reasons why I am beginning to care less if the Bills move.

I agree with you, if Lynch was driving or in the car, they should have stopped and did the right thing.

I don't like to draw conculsions or speculate, so I'll wait until there is an outcome of the police investigation. If I were in Lynch's shoes, I would be doing everything my lawyer tells me to do. If I were in the victim's shoes, I would want to know all the details on what happened, and hire an attorney to sue the person(s) responsible for the injuries, lost time of work...etc.

I have little doubt that if Lynch wanted that car stopped the car would have stopped.

Its obviously all a bunch of speculation, but if he's the passenger in his own car leaving that area, there's a good chance he's not the least bit aware of what the hell is going on. But like Mike said, we need to sit back and wait for more to come out. Since they have a tape, this thing should move pretty quickly.

I'm trying to look at this in the most positive light as possible. Here are a few questions/thoughts that i have on the whole situation.

1. Was he even in the car? All the reports that I have seen say that there was no conformation of him being in the car. I know it sounds stupid but its the same idea as letting your friend take your car to the store to get something real quick and then they get into an accident. Being in the NFL, I'm sure he doesn't have one, and only one, car.

2. If he was in the car as a passenger. It's 3:30am on Friday night in downtown buffalo. Whoever was driving was more than likely drunk. That's obvious. The thing that I don't know, that once again no reports have said, is whether after the woman was hit if they slowed down or stopped or anything and then left. More than likely they had their sub blasting as loud as possible to draw as much attention as they could because that's how it is when people drive around there. It's possible that they could have hit her and not known it because they were drunk and the music was so loud.

3. The last thing that I can think of of why he has not said anything on the matter for the past 4 or 5 days is because if it was one of his friends behind the wheel, he doesn't want to give up his friend. If he did give up his friend, what kind of repercussions could end up coming his way. I know he's not in a gang (I hope) but when you "rat someone out" they come after you.

Like I said, I'm just trying to look at the most positive side of this whole situation on Marshawn's behalf. The entire situation regardless of who was there or driving was wrong. They shouldn't have left the scene and helped the woman or at least made sure she wasn't severely injured.

Ok, start ripping me apart! :thumbsup:

I'm trying to look at this in the most positive light as possible. Here are a few questions/thoughts that i have on the whole situation.

1. Was he even in the car? All the reports that I have seen say that there was no conformation of him being in the car. I know it sounds stupid but its the same idea as letting your friend take your car to the store to get something real quick and then they get into an accident. Being in the NFL, I'm sure he doesn't have one, and only one, car.

2. If he was in the car as a passenger. It's 3:30am on Friday night in downtown buffalo. Whoever was driving was more than likely drunk. That's obvious. The thing that I don't know, that once again no reports have said, is whether after the woman was hit if they slowed down or stopped or anything and then left. More than likely they had their sub blasting as loud as possible to draw as much attention as they could because that's how it is when people drive around there. It's possible that they could have hit her and not known it because they were drunk and the music was so loud.

3. The last thing that I can think of of why he has not said anything on the matter for the past 4 or 5 days is because if it was one of his friends behind the wheel, he doesn't want to give up his friend. If he did give up his friend, what kind of repercussions could end up coming his way. I know he's not in a gang (I hope) but when you "rat someone out" they come after you.

Like I said, I'm just trying to look at the most positive side of this whole situation on Marshawn's behalf. The entire situation regardless of who was there or driving was wrong. They shouldn't have left the scene and helped the woman or at least made sure she wasn't severely injured.

Ok, start ripping me apart! :thumbsup:

He is reported as being in the area. I would guess he was at least in the car.

As fas giving up his friends. He's a man now and a player in the NFL. He needs to put the childish crap behind him. If he has a friend who is responsible and that friend isn't man enough to come forward? He shouldn't be his friend.

As fas giving up his friends. He's a man now and a player in the NFL. He needs to put the childish crap behind him. If he has a friend who is responsible and that friend isn't man enough to come forward? He shouldn't be his friend.

Even if that's the case, its still his car and his lawyer won't let him say a word.

Very true, but you never know what someone is capable of until they have that opportunity. I know I'm looking at this from the wrong perspective but I see this as being like a rapper thing (stupid I know). But obviously his "friend" doesn't have anything to lose, if that be the case. So if he will hit someone and run why wouldn't he shoot someone. I know I'm speculating on speculations but in this day and age, people get shot over a nickel it seems like.

Do you hate me DeLuca? :unsure:

Cheers if you do! :beer:

Guest Sloth
Very true, but you never know what someone is capable of until they have that opportunity. I know I'm looking at this from the wrong perspective but I see this as being like a rapper thing (stupid I know). But obviously his "friend" doesn't have anything to lose, if that be the case. So if he will hit someone and run why wouldn't he shoot someone. I know I'm speculating on speculations but in this day and age, people get shot over a nickel it seems like.

The NFL's image has diminished somewhat in the past decade. A number of players, including the star players, have done some VERY stupid/illegal things. The NFL once unofficially declared Michael Vick as the future of the NHL. Look at what he has become. Micahel Vick will never be the role modle, or reach the level, and the popularity they once hoped for. Acts being peformed by a number of players today is sending the wrong message. Kids are being taught the wrong thing and it bothers me, and hopefully all of you, greatly. I was glad when McFaghee was sent out. I only hope Lynch and the receiver, can't recall his name, picked up from Indiana are not bad like McFaghee. If a person commits wrongful acts, I do not care how talented they are. Morals and values should play a role in professional sports. If they dont, it'll only cause people in the future to commit the same wrongful acts. :censored:

Bizarre!

Wouldn't this "friend" want to protect Lynch?

Also,

No one has implied that the incident was intentional. So the whole shooting scenario is a little strange and out of place.

Bizarre!

Wouldn't this "friend" want to protect Lynch?

Also,

No one has implied that the incident was intentional. So the whole shooting scenario is a little strange and out of place.

Yes i know it's strange but who knows if Lynch's friend would want to protect him. I'm sure he's more worried about his own @$$ and not someone else's. And Lynch could be protecting his friend even though he shouldn't because he is making himself look bad.

Maybe he should learn from someone else's example.

post-1428-1212668647_thumbjpg

HE DID IT!

According to Channel 2 last night witnesses can place Lynch behind the wheel. Very disappointing.

I agree with you on this DeLuca. I am so sick of these morons doing stupid things. They must get treated just like anyone else. Thankfully, we have plenty on the depth chart. Everyone is replaceable IMO.

Any thoughts?

Strike three for Hardy? Has he done enough to belong in the Adam Jones and Chris Henry conversations?

Also,

Lynch has proven to be a huge disappointment. Not as a player, as a human being.

If Hardy plays a down for the Bills then Coach Jauron's nickname should be 'The Eunuch' aka a Dick with no balls. :thumbdown:

I said I wasn't going to do this, but........... there are a few things to consider here before putting him in jail for 25-life.

First off, you need to keep in mind that when they found his vehicle at his residence, it was in the driveway outside. Not in a garage, not with a tarp over it, but out in plain sight. It was raining that night, pretty hard too. it was 3:30 in the morning, and from the report, she was wearing all dark clothing. Also, the report says she was "clipped" by the vehicle.

Now, picture a night out on the "CHIP" and then hopping into a very well tinted SUV, pouring rain outside, stereo all the way up. Perhaps they truly did not know they hit someone. I know it's hard to think that an athlete may not truly be guilty, especially with all the other stuff that's been taking place in sports recently, but based on his actions, I tend to believe that he may not have known, and that his lawyer is advising him not to talk about it until all of the facts have been straightened out, especially if he WAS driving. Also, one of these so-called witnesses was a shoe-shiner on the corner....uh, it was pouring rain out and it was 3:30am. Whose shoes needed shining at that exact moment?? Sorry everyone, but I don't buy this. Let's also not forget who the DA is. Rip away........

I said I wasn't going to do this, but........... there are a few things to consider here before putting him in jail for 25-life.

First off, you need to keep in mind that when they found his vehicle at his residence, it was in the driveway outside. Not in a garage, not with a tarp over it, but out in plain sight. It was raining that night, pretty hard too. it was 3:30 in the morning, and from the report, she was wearing all dark clothing. Also, the report says she was "clipped" by the vehicle.

Now, picture a night out on the "CHIP" and then hopping into a very well tinted SUV, pouring rain outside, stereo all the way up. Perhaps they truly did not know they hit someone. I know it's hard to think that an athlete may not truly be guilty, especially with all the other stuff that's been taking place in sports recently, but based on his actions, I tend to believe that he may not have known, and that his lawyer is advising him not to talk about it until all of the facts have been straightened out, especially if he WAS driving. Also, one of these so-called witnesses was a shoe-shiner on the corner....uh, it was pouring rain out and it was 3:30am. Whose shoes needed shining at that exact moment?? Sorry everyone, but I don't buy this. Let's also not forget who the DA is. Rip away........

First off, he's arrogant and "cavalier"; thinking he is above the law. I see it as an Oakland street kid transplanted into Hamburg :blink:

also, other players are not willing to talk either? :blink:

I understand your defense, but he needs to deal with this ASAP. Explain what happened, talk the slap on the wrist and move on. And, stay out of trouble.

If Hardy was driving , strike three. However, a couple of things to consider.

1) This is the Buffalo Police Force and DA Frank Clark and his sterling record. (This is a joke for those of you not following)

2) The Police have continued to leak info that has not been true (Where are the eye witnesses?)

3) There have already been 892 hit and run cases this year. How many employers of people of interest would you guess have been subpoenaed?

As for Lynch, he has been a disappointment but none of the issues involving Lynch and Hardy come close to Pacman or Henry.

1) This is the Buffalo Police Force and DA Frank Clark and his sterling record. (This is a joke for those of you not following)

2) The Police have continued to leak info that has not been true (Where are the eye witnesses?)

3) There have already been 892 hit and run cases this year. How many employers of people of interest would you guess have been subpoenaed?

As for Lynch, he has been a disappointment but none of the issues involving Lynch and Hardy come close to Pacman or Henry.

Apparently Steve Johnson was downtown with Lynch too. No one knows Johnson yet.

OH IT WAS HIM BEHIND THE WHEEL!

post-1428-1213359736_thumbjpg

OR MAYBE IT WAS HIM!

post-1428-1213359729_thumbjpg

I would be able to tell the difference downtown 3:30 in the morning drinking and looking through some tinted glass. How bout you?

They are still young and seem intent on building on their resumes.

The Frank Clark thing is what has really been catching my eye lately with this. I don't trust anything the guy does at this point. Now I'm not going to let off Lynch or anyone else involved, but ultimately, I can't shake the feeling that Clark is trying to save face with this one. Going after the Bills as a face saving attempt, while completely idiotic, fits right in with the rest of the joke of a record he has going lately.

Archived