(OT) Bills 2008 NFL Draft Talk

Swedesessed

Are you comparing being cut from the Bills to a crucification?

Its just a figure of speech, but hey, maybe Roger Goodell should consider it with Bellichek. People out here in Boston practically worship the guy already.

I have to ask you a question. Do you feel that players like Pac-Man Jones and Chris Henry belong in the NFL? Would you like to see them as Buffalo Bills? I would guess they also can be "rehabilitated". The Bills did such a fine job "rehabilitating" Anthony Hardgrove so they should have success with these players.

Yes, they do deserve to be given their chance in the league. No one has to sign them and no one has to like them, but who are we to tell these guys that they can't do something because of past actions? There are lousy human beings performing every single job somewhere on this planet, why should professional sports be any different? If you get out anyone who has had legal troubles, sure, you'll get rid of some genuinely bad people, but then you'd also be screwing over some decent people who made bad mistakes. I don't know about anyone else, but I know I'm not in a position to make that kind of judgement about a person.

As for Hargrove, they failed with one rehabilitation, so they should never try again? "You tried your best but failed miserably. The lesson is, never try". That's a good way to live life, but then again, it just might explain the great results of the past 9 years.

Just to be clear, do you think they should have relinquished their rights to Tallinder?

I don't own any Tallinder memorabilia. I own a lot of Sabre stuff, nothing with his name or image. If they were to send him packing I wouldn't be upset at all. Andrew Peters is another one. I know there are hockey reasons to dump Peters, the number one reason for me is his use admitted use of Andro. Legal or not? It is still cheating.

Its just a figure of speech, but hey, maybe Roger Goodell should consider it with Bellichek. People out here in Boston practically worship the guy already.

Yes, they do deserve to be given their chance in the league. No one has to sign them and no one has to like them, but who are we to tell these guys that they can't do something because of past actions? There are lousy human beings performing every single job somewhere on this planet, why should professional sports be any different? If you get out anyone who has had legal troubles, sure, you'll get rid of some genuinely bad people, but then you'd also be screwing over some decent people who made bad mistakes. I don't know about anyone else, but I know I'm not in a position to make that kind of judgement about a person.

As for Hargrove, they failed with one rehabilitation, so they should never try again? "You tried your best but failed miserably. The lesson is, never try". That's a good way to live life, but then again, it just might explain the great results of the past 9 years.

Who are we? We are the consumers of the product they are selling. We buy the tickets, we purchase the merchandise and most importantly we are the ratings that have driven the NFL revenues to outer space. I also have been a member of this community for over 40 years. I have a right to feel offended when the local sports teams bring unsavory individuals to my community. When the Travis Henry's of the world are out at gas stations trolling for 13 year old girls that hits home to me. When Cornelius Bennett is assaulting women that hits home for me. And when the Bills bring a young man to our community that has a penchant for striking women that hits home.

The NFL is entertainment. It shouldn't be a halfway house. As a customer and a citizens I have every right to voice my opinions on the lack of quality and character in those individuals they choose to employ.

Yeah, you do have that right. You said you buy the tickets and watch the games. Say as much as you want, but your only meaningful course of action is to stop watching or buying tickets if you really hate seeing guys like that playing.

Who are we? We are the consumers of the product they are selling. We buy the tickets, we purchase the merchandise and most importantly we are the ratings that have driven the NFL revenues to outer space. I also have been a member of this community for over 40 years. I have a right to feel offended when the local sports teams bring unsavory individuals to my community. When the Travis Henry's of the world are out at gas stations trolling for 13 year old girls that hits home to me. When Cornelius Bennett is assaulting women that hits home for me. And when the Bills bring a young man to our community that has a penchant for striking women that hits home.

The NFL is entertainment. It shouldn't be a halfway house. As a customer and a citizens I have every right to voice my opinions on the lack of quality and character in those individuals they choose to employ.

My problem with this, and what differentiates Hardy for me, is that he has yet to be even tried for any criminal activity. I admitted early on that I would rather they have drafted someone else, but the truth is we really don't know the truth with this guy. Guys like Henry (Chris) and Pac man keep doing the same things. As far as we know, Hardy has been involved in two situations and both can be explained. While I know first hand the preferential treatment athletes get, I find it hard to believe that the police would let a college student off if the evidence was overwhelming. Especially if he really hit his child.

My problem with this, and what differentiates Hardy for me, is that he has yet to be even tried for any criminal activity. I admitted early on that I would rather they have drafted someone else, but the truth is we really don't know the truth with this guy. Guys like Henry (Chris) and Pac man keep doing the same things. As far as we know, Hardy has been involved in two situations and both can be explained. While I know first hand the preferential treatment athletes get, I find it hard to believe that the police would let a college student off if the evidence was overwhelming. Especially if he really hit his child.

The majority of domestic violence cases don't even get reported. A lessor percentage result in a arrest. A far lessor result in a conviction.

Why is it so hard to believe? Hardy was just drafted by the Bills and fans are ready to give him a free pass. You don't think there would be outside influences to help resolve that matter with the police? I have no doubt a booster made a phone call or two and suddenly things were resolved. Just like the incident with his father. I'm sure the agent provided resources to smooth things over.

You are right about one thing. We do only know about the two situations. I wonder how many more there are.

The majority of domestic violence cases don't even get reported. A lessor percentage result in a arrest. A far lessor result in a conviction.

Why is it so hard to believe? Hardy was just drafted by the Bills and fans are ready to give him a free pass. You don't think there would be outside influences to help resolve that matter with the police? I have no doubt a booster made a phone call or two and suddenly things were resolved. Just like the incident with his father. I'm sure the agent provided resources to smooth things over.

You are right about one thing. We do only know about the two situations. I wonder how many more there are.

You are making a lot of assumptions with no fact (or link) to back them up. It is just as likely that an upset and maybe jilted girlfriend embellished the story. From what I have read, the case was dismissed as a part of a pre-trial diversion agreement which I am told is highly unusual in a domestic case.

In the second case, police didn't even pursue it after talking to his dad. It is impossible for you to be sure of anything and your assumptions aren't based on any facts.

I know there are hockey reasons to dump Peters, the number one reason for me is his use admitted use of Andro. Legal or not? It is still cheating.

Not to mention he hasn't fought worth a damn since he stopped juicing. :thumbsup:

Whenever a "situation" happens, tons of things happen afterwards. Things get exaggerated, blown out of proportion, things added on, stories change, people's opinion's are added in...etc.

When I was an MP in the Marines at Quantico, back in Dec 97', I had a another dumbass MP wanted to play quick draw with our loaded 9mm pistols, I told him as clear as day "No, I'm not pulling out my pistol unless I absoltely have to". Well, the dumbass decided to pull his pistol out and point it at me. Just a little over 6 months before this happened, my brother's wife shot my brother in the head & killed him, then she killed herself. So, since I was dealing with the tragic death of my brother, I had this retard pull his gun out at me. A couple hours later, I asked to be taken to another post so I wouldn't have to work with this douche bag, the Sgt asked me why and I really didn't want to say because I just got to Quantico 1 month ago and didn't want to start any problems, after the Sgt kept prying I told him what happened. About 15 minutes later we were both taken off gate, and had got interviewed by everyone up the chain of command. The idiot was reduced to a private and spent 100 days in the brig. Afterwards, I had friends of the idiot and other "Monday morning Quarterbacks" give me crap and give their opinion on what they think happened. So, whenever I hear that someone was involved in a bad situation, I wait to hear what was the outcome and if there was a police investigation and what were those results. People shouldn't jump into conclusions and start condemning someone, especially since none of us were there and know exactly what happened.

I'm glad to hear that Hardy is turning his life around by taking plays taking a play off in practice. When I heard Paul Hamilton report that this morning I just chuckled.

Now Paul Hamilton is a respected football source? Did he talk to him about it? Was he confused by the call? Hamilton's own cautions about his story tell most of us all we need to know about the seriousness of it all. You just hear what you want to hear and respect the source when it fits your own predetermined positions.

Now Paul Hamilton is a respected football source? Did he talk to him about it? Was he confused by the call? Hamilton's own cautions about his story tell most of us all we need to know about the seriousness of it all. You just hear what you want to hear and respect the source when it fits your own predetermined positions.

Don't you want to tell us about Hamilton's interview with Edwards about Hardy today?

Don't you want to tell us about Hamilton's interview with Edwards about Hardy today?

More proof that the Bills read my posts and are very sensitive to my opinions :thumbsup: More than likely they heard the report on WGR and felt the need to do some spin. If Hamilton doesn't make the report yesterday then Edwards wouldn't have went out of his way like he did.

More proof that the Bills read my posts and are very sensitive to my opinions :thumbsup: More than likely they heard the report on WGR and felt the need to do some spin. If Hamilton doesn't make the report yesterday then Edwards wouldn't have went out of his way like he did.

On the one hand, if that's true, at least the Bills are paying attention ...

On the other hand, if the Sabres were sensitive to your opinions (granted, 3 years ago) they would not have gotten rid of Satan. ;)

On the one hand, if that's true, at least the Bills are paying attention ...

On the other hand, if the Sabres were sensitive to your opinions (granted, 3 years ago) they would not have gotten rid of Satan. ;)

As much as I understand why they got rid of Satan, I still wonder how he would have fared on the Sabres the last couple of years. For years he was the only offense the Sabres had. When they finally got some other offensive talent they let him go. Very underrated by fans. A career plus player and actually saw some time on the PK, unlike some players the Sabres have had in the recent past.

As much as I understand why they got rid of Satan, I still wonder how he would have fared on the Sabres the last couple of years. For years he was the only offense the Sabres had. When they finally got some other offensive talent they let him go. Very underrated by fans. A career plus player and actually saw some time on the PK, unlike some players the Sabres have had in the recent past.

Actually agree with you on Satan. Vastly under appreciated but a cancer no less that had to be gone.

I wasn't on this board then, but this was my first blast at present management. While Satan had to go, they definitely could have gotten something for him. Once they released him and free agency started, four teams were bidding for his services and at least one of them would have given something for his services in a trade. He was a great value after the 24% rollback.

Actually agree with you on Satan. Vastly under appreciated but a cancer no less that had to be gone.

I wasn't on this board then, but this was my first blast at present management. While Satan had to go, they definitely could have gotten something for him. Once they released him and free agency started, four teams were bidding for his services and at least one of them would have given something for his services in a trade. He was a great value after the 24% rollback.

That would explain all the natural disasters lately :rolleyes:

I hear ya, I'm waiting to hear the outcome of the investigation. I'm just surprised that DeLuca isn't all over this like the Hardy situation.

I didn't mean to keep you waiting. If Lynch was in the vehicle, driver or passenger, I hope the Bills cut him. I know they wont. I just wish they would. To hit someone with your car and not be a decent enough human being to stop and make sure that person is OK is sickening. Another Bill with absolute zero character. Add this embarrassment to the long list of reasons why I am beginning to care less if the Bills move.

I didn't mean to keep you waiting. If Lynch was in the vehicle, driver or passenger, I hope the Bills cut him. I know they wont. I just wish they would. To hit someone with your car and not be a decent enough human being to stop and make sure that person is OK is sickening. Another Bill with absolute zero character. Add this embarrassment to the long list of reasons why I am beginning to care less if the Bills move.

Cutting him if he was a passenger seems a bit overboard. he has little control at that point. If you're saying that because he never made any public comment, lawyers tend to get in the way of that.

I get the feeling that he was a passenger and one of his "home boys" hit the person and just flew. With that being said, probably the same reason that he's not making any kind of statement because he knows one of his friends is at fault and doesn't want to turn him over to the police. Even though it isn't a felony. He doesn't deserve to be cut if this is the case. You look at players like Ray Lewis getting charged with murder, MURDER, and he's still playing. That was before some of the new changes have happened in the NFL with their zero tolerance.

Had it been a serious hit and run where someone died, i wouldn't want to be associated with that.

EDIT:

Here's a nice little link. NFL Rap Sheet near the middle of the page. Link

Cutting him if he was a passenger seems a bit overboard. he has little control at that point. If you're saying that because he never made any public comment, lawyers tend to get in the way of that.

I have little doubt that if Lynch wanted that car stopped the car would have stopped.

I get the feeling that he was a passenger and one of his "home boys" hit the person and just flew. With that being said, probably the same reason that he's not making any kind of statement because he knows one of his friends is at fault and doesn't want to turn him over to the police. Even though it isn't a felony. He doesn't deserve to be cut if this is the case. You look at players like Ray Lewis getting charged with murder, MURDER, and he's still playing. That was before some of the new changes have happened in the NFL with their zero tolerance.

Had it been a serious hit and run where someone died, i wouldn't want to be associated with that.

EDIT:

Here's a nice little link. NFL Rap Sheet near the middle of the page. Link

I wouldn't want Ray Lewis on the Bills if he was in his prime playing for the league minimum.

There is no excuse for not showing the least amount of human decency. If Lynch was involved in anyway he belongs on the NFL garbage pile along with Hardy.

Archived