Playoff Picks

X. Benedict

Nobody called the final four.

Stenbaro, Taro T, Team Strike Force, and I picked 3/4.

I had Colorado as an upset special, but I didn't expect Montreal to roll over and die the way they did.

Pittsburgh in 5.

Detroit in 6.

Bonus prediction: everyone on this board develops a severe case of coveting Brendan Morrow.

I already am, after watching the last couple Stars-Sharks games.

Pittsburgh in 5.

Detroit in 6.

Bonus prediction: everyone on this board develops a severe case of coveting Brendan Morrow.

I'm well past the covet stage. Now, when my wife falls asleep, instead of Max at nite I watch the Dallas Stars.

I will mirror your picks.

Pens over Cryers and Wings over Stars, each in 6

What he said.

What he said, he said

I had the Western right and missed both in the Eastern.. This is Detroits year... They deflate the Guins in 4.

• 2 weeks later...

Had the winners right but had the ECF going one more game...really thought Danny and co would have put up more of a fight.

Not sure about the SCF yet...gotta ponder that a little...

Detroit in 6, although I would love to see the Pens win - I hate the Wings and would love to see Sabretooth's epic meltdown if the city of Pittsburgh gets to celebrate another Cup...

This is a tough one. You can see Detroit's experience and talent putting a ton of pressure on the Penguins, and the Penguins folding under pressure, resulting in a short series, say, Detroit in 5. OTOH, Pittsburgh looks really good, in every facet of the game -- not just run-and-gun offense. And Detroit doesn't play an Anaheim-type physical game, so they won't knock Pittsburgh out of its rhythm that way (not that Philly was able to do so either).

I'll take Pittsburgh in 6, but I'll also equivocate and say that I won't be surprised if Detroit wins in 5.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived