The Ottawa Meltdown

bob_sauve28

At the start of the season they were the toast of the league, seemingly unstoppable and then...CRASH...BURN!!! If the season was another 2 weeks the Sabres might have passed them! :D

I guess they can still salvage something in the playoffs

4th to 7th = -3

1st to 10th= -9

The Sabres are 3x the F@#kups the Sens are!

They got burned with that trade. Commodore has been crap, and Stillman has been average at best.

They had Spezza miss a big chunk of games, Alfie in mid-season also missed games. Corsi wanted out of Dodge. And then they had the "we can't decide which goalie to play" stretch. Neil and Kelly also went down. Now Fisher and Alfie are out. They had a coaching change.

It's true they might have come up short on the trade as well. I think they really miss Corsi on the PP..

All things considered, they are really lucky to be in the playoffs.

They had Spezza miss a big chunk of games, Alfie in mid-season also missed games. Corsi wanted out of Dodge. And then they had the "we can't decide which goalie to play" stretch. Neil and Kelly also went down. Now Fisher and Alfie are out. They had a coaching change.

It's true they might have come up short on the trade as well. I think they really miss Corsi on the PP..

All things considered, they are really lucky to be in the playoffs.

I assume you mean Corvo wanted out of Ottawa.

I got excited for second, thinking our goalie coach quit.

At the start of the season they were the toast of the league, seemingly unstoppable and then...CRASH...BURN!!! If the season was another 2 weeks the Sabres might have passed them! :D

I guess they can still salvage something in the playoffs

I think our meltdown against them in the 3rd period was more epic....

Mostly down unfortunetly. Remember those first two games against the Islanders? Yuck, we made Comrie look like Wayne Gretzkey :ph34r:

Yeah.... Ouch.

I remember game 2, where we basically had all five guys falling over each other in Miller's crease while the puck trickled into the slot for whoever banged it home. Talk about a season defining play right there.

I remember thinking "it's going to be a long season".

Well, not quite as long as I had hoped, as it turned out.

Mostly down unfortunetly. Remember those first two games against the Islanders? Yuck, we made Comrie look like Wayne Gretzkey :ph34r:
Do I need to point out the blasphemy in this post?

4 G, 2 A on 7 SOG in those first two games. The comparison to Gretzky is indeed blasphemous, but Comrie absolutely destroyed us those first two games.

Do I need to point out the blasphemy in this post?
4 G, 2 A on 7 SOG in those first two games. The comparison to Gretzky is indeed blasphemous, but Comrie absolutely destroyed us those first two games.

Thou shalt spell thy Hockey Lord's name in proper fashion.

Archived