Face it, you'll be back next year

Doohickie

You love the Sabres. There's no way you'll miss next season, even though this season kinda sucked.

Admit it!

No question... I'm in in for Life... Even if they move to Katmandu..

I will always root for the Sabres. However, I'm not sure I'm going to pay the money for Center Ice Online. I have a baby that will be born soon and I imagine that will take up a bit more of my time than Sabres games. Additionally, I had never gotten Center Ice before, and I got it this year, and what happens? The Sabres don't do well. We're probably better off with me not watching every game but the ones televised here and there. We'll see, I could easily change my mind.

Don't you first have to leave to come back? I have never stopped rooting for this team no matter how I feel after any season. You just have to learn to take the bad with the good. And besides, being a Bills fan too, I'm used to coming up short year after year. No pun intended.

The problem I will face, being from Rochester, is how am I gonna feel about the new parent club, whether it's Florida or somewhere else. It's great to be able to watch these guys develop and then watch them go to the NHL. I know I'll be a Sabres fan first, but I guess I'll be pulling for two teams from now on. I wish the Amerks would go with a western conference team. That would be decent.

I will always root for the Sabres. However, I'm not sure I'm going to pay the money for Center Ice Online. I have a baby that will be born soon and I imagine that will take up a bit more of my time than Sabres games. Additionally, I had never gotten Center Ice before, and I got it this year, and what happens? The Sabres don't do well. We're probably better off with me not watching every game but the ones televised here and there. We'll see, I could easily change my mind.

Don't worry, CRAPTV will automatically renew it for you.. You don't have to make a decision. They've made it for you... Just four easy payments spread out....

Don't worry, CRAPTV will automatically renew it for you.. You don't have to make a decision. They've made it for you... Just four easy payments spread out....

Really banging that "CrapTV" drum, aren't you? :unsure:

Really banging that "CrapTV" drum, aren't you? :unsure:

Yeah, probably too much I admit. But I've been a customer for a long, long time. This was by far their worst year. And incidentally, it was the most I've ever paid for service. When they first came out, I jumped. I was so excited to get the connectivity.

I just wish we had options for getting the NFL and NHL packages. A little competition might provide better service. How many Sabres games started without audio this year? How many times was the HD feed late getting on the air? How many times was the audio behind the video?

I want consistent, reliable service. I think it is a total scam on the public that we pay a premium to watch TV signals in HD when it is a law that all signals be HD by next Feb.

Yeah, probably too much I admit. But I've been a customer for a long, long time. This was by far their worst year. And incidentally, it was the most I've ever paid for service. When they first came out, I jumped. I was so excited to get the connectivity.

I just wish we had options for getting the NFL and NHL packages. A little competition might provide better service. How many Sabres games started without audio this year? How many times was the HD feed late getting on the air? How many times was the audio behind the video?

I want consistent, reliable service. I think it is a total scam on the public that we pay a premium to watch TV signals in HD when it is a law that all signals be HD by next Feb.

I don't disagree about options for the NFL package - I cursed up a storm when I couldn't get DirecTV in my Orlando apartment and spent a lot of $$ going to sports bars to watch the Bills.

I don't know anything about the HD packages, since I haven't had the time nor the extra cash to upgrade to HD. Overall I have had very few problems with DirecTV since we got it two years ago - I can count on one hand the number of times I've lost the signal due to weather, and have had relatively few issues with programming.

The only thing that has irritated me is the quality of the DirecTV DVR (and the latest software update seems to have broken some of the features I had grown used to) and I wish the guide would show which feed is which for the Center Ice games. A couple times I've had to DVR the start of a game and when the Sabres are on 774 and 775, it's really a crapshoot figuring out which feed is on which station.

While I too have been disappointed with the consistency of my HD service, it is my understanding of the law that everything goes digital in February, but not necessarily high def.

I'll be back and i have to buy tickets, I owe Carp and R_dudly tickets

Yeah ya got off easy on that playoff offer... ;), Ya shoulda told me ya know they were not going to make it so I could have made some money myself off the sports books... :D

You love the Sabres. There's no way you'll miss next season, even though this season kinda sucked.

Admit it!

I've been coming back for more of the same since High school and the 75 team lost the SCF to Bernie Parent, no matter what anyone says he was the difference that kept us from our first cup... No one but God saves more than Bernie Parent after that season in next year or 2 he took a puck to the face mask/eye and he was never the same as good again. May have even raised the one eye over the other supporting the Dwight Drane Hypothesis :rolleyes: .. Sorry Double D couldn't resist. :)

Archived